View Single Post
7/17/09, 12:16 AM   #144
Re: Updates from Kamp?
Jerry Shaw

I left that place looking like a coal miner. A coal miner that you couldn't sandblast the smile off of his face, that was there because of the great race he just saw. The last three laps were just crazy. Darland got the lead. Then he had to give it back because the yellow came out. He got it back when they went back green. Boat then came from third to nose ahead on the backstretch of the last lap, only to be out drag raced by DD going into three. Then Cole got great bite coming off four low and made a valiant dive for the tape. When the checker was thrown, I didn't know who the hell had won. There was a big pause, as I was making a mad dash for my car. The first voice I heard the interviewer go to was a deeper one, so I knew it had to be DD. 27 one-thousandths of a second. Wow!! Up until now, we had seen several very good races in ISW, but not a great one. We now officially have our first Instant Classic!! Now on to where we had one of our Instant Classics, last year.

Jerry

---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormasher View Post
USAC sucks without "Cowboy" there..........
What the hell's wrong with you? USAC doesn't suck. How many Midget Week and Sprint Week races did you go to, this year?

Jerry

Winston Churchill