View Single Post
7/15/09, 9:07 AM   #7
Re: Car counts at Angell Park
DonMoore10

I have attempted to address this subject over the past several years many, many times... not Angell Park or Badger in particular, but midget racing across the country. I've lost count of the dozens of individuals on this forum and another one who have tried to cut my head off for even bringing up the matter and that includes race fans, midget org officials, midget team owners who are loyal to the big box org and many others. Also I've read reply after reply on this message board that "you can't do this" and "you can't do that" over and over and over again.

I hate to really ruin everybody's day but what I've been predicting is here today, now... like the present.

The days of universal rules for midgets have past, folks. Almost all the teams in this country DO NOT travel outside their regional area, so get over thinking that a race team from St. Louis is going to show up in Wisconsin or Indianapolis. NOT GONNA HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!! Case in point: Last night the big box org had a midget race in Indiana and there was ONE... spelled O-N-E midget that showed up that does not regularly support the big box series. Repeat: ONE!!! So.. All the fans and midget org officials are afraid to step out of the box and create sensible rules for one car. How stupid is that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's make this short and to the point: The last statement I read in print from the big box midget org was that they have no interest in changing their policies regarding the costs of operating a midget team. The sooner all the other midget orgs stop following the big box org and start coming up with some hard core solutions.... maybe just start over with a clean piece of paper, then midget racing has a chance to survive. Otherwise, the only place you're going to see anything that looks like a midget will be a once a year happening in Oklahoma.

Don Moore
Owner of three soon to be museum piece midgets