View Single Post
7/5/09, 4:40 PM   #108
Re: Joe Spiker runs Putnamville now
illiniopenwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3g View Post
Now this is just my opinion..but I think a sunday show would go over good.The reason I feel that way is because the cars in the middle to west side of the state(Indiana) cant make it to Kokomo due to work on monday and there is a ton of Illinios cars just looking for somewhere to race so yeah I think Sunday would work out. Oh and with the purse that he pays I think it would be tough to pass up D'ville if you live remotely close.I know the mods would be there for sure..Now that being said a guy might have to cut a class or two so that the race is over as close to 9 as possible..Again just my thinking out loud..
Another thought...A friday night deal would work out too now that I think about it and I sure wouldn't worry about B'town..Your a half a state away...I dunno, gonna be interesting...

Joe Spiker definitely has a bunch of things to consider when it comes to the future schedule for VCS. You were definitely right when it comes to getting the fans out of there at a decent time when it comes to racing on a Sunday night. Wonder if Spiker and VCS could get SPRINTS, LATE MODELS, AND MODIFIEDS on a Sunday night card. Those 3 classes would easily be worth $10-12 admission. A UMP license perhaps might draw in the late models and modifieds as well. Wonder what the chances are of becoming UMP sanctioned?

My understanding is that he doesn't want to try to compete against Gas City and Bloomington on Friday nights if he tries to keep a sprint class at VCS. That being said, it looks like Sunday late afternoons and evenings might be the direction where things are headed.

The key to me here is getting people home early, and keeping the show moving along.