View Single Post
7/5/09, 10:21 AM   #101
Re: Joe Spiker runs Putnamville now
john3g

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpfldMile View Post
I think everyone is happy about LPS. It is just that Danville was really a bright spot this year and especially for the Illinois guys. If they continue to run sprints, and I hope they do, no other night will work out. They might be able to run Fridays, but that will undoubtedly be the demise of Jacksonville. If they wanted to run Sundays, the proximity to Kokomo would either split the field, or not draw enough cars. I wish they would just run LPS on Sundays, but I guess the Sat. night tradition is not going to allow that to happen. There is a zero percent chance that I will drive to Danville to watch modifieds.
Now this is just my opinion..but I think a sunday show would go over good.The reason I feel that way is because the cars in the middle to west side of the state(Indiana) cant make it to Kokomo due to work on monday and there is a ton of Illinios cars just looking for somewhere to race so yeah I think Sunday would work out. Oh and with the purse that he pays I think it would be tough to pass up D'ville if you live remotely close.I know the mods would be there for sure..Now that being said a guy might have to cut a class or two so that the race is over as close to 9 as possible..Again just my thinking out loud..
Another thought...A friday night deal would work out too now that I think about it and I sure wouldn't worry about B'town..Your a half a state away...I dunno, gonna be interesting...
Last edited by john3g; 7/5/09 at 10:25 AM.