Thread: The Rumor Mill
View Single Post
6/23/09, 7:49 PM   #87
Re: The Rumor Mill
SUPERDUKE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRINTCAR View Post
I know this is about sprintcars but, at the Silver Crown races it would be nice to be able to have an area to meet some of the drivers that have retired. Past champions and such. Hell I seen Tom Bigelow wondering around at the Hoosier Hundred a few years ago and actually felt sorry for him. He looked lost. Give your champions somewhere to meet and make these races events. A small trailer, provide them with some soda's, coffee some AC. Make them feel like champions. Can you imagine being able to get a picture taken with some of these guys? Group photo's with fans. That's something I could talk about and show friends.
YOUR RIGHT!
---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

No one has said anything about the raise (albeit small) in purses this year in USAC. And that doesn't even include the $10,000 to win races that have been added this year.... GOOD POINT!

UNLIKE BASEBALL FOOTBALL NBA AND OTHER PRO SPORTS WHERE RETIRED PRO PLAYER OR GIVING TICKETS PASSES GOLD CARDS TO ANY GAMES! USAC AND OTHER RACING LIKE WOO ALLSTARS CRA (ECT) DON'T GIVE A **** ABOUT WHAT YOU DID FOR THEM! YOU CAN BUT YOUR TICKETS OR PIT PASS LIKE ANYONE ELSE!!!! ANY GOOD PROMOTER???? SHOULD SEE VALUE IN HAVING THE PAST HEROS OF THE SPORT AT THERE RACES WHERE FANS THAT DON'T GO TO MANY RACES ANYMORE TO COME OUT AND MEET WITH THERE HEROS! I CAN TELL YOU THIS AT BARBERSVILLE THIS PAST WINTER WOO WOULD NOT GIVE JACK HEWITT A PIT PASS!!!!!!!!!

The $10,000 races, is that Usac or the promoter trying to promote, make money and draw cars.

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

Such was the case with the difficult decision my team had coming on board in December 2007. What to do with the Silver Crown series, or more directly the "new car". We made a difficult decision to bring back the "traditional" car for pavement...perhaps a popular one for some here on IOW but not without it's own set of conflict (teams, tracks, etc). We now see car counts increasing and the discussion of races increasing for 2010.

I think you miss read something at the very beginning.