View Single Post
6/16/09, 3:23 PM   #2
Re: Reworking the race track
Knoke77

A lot of variables really go into answering this question.

For me personally I wasn't a big fan of when people would rework the track just for the fun of reworking it whether it needed it or not. If the track was still racey then leave it be. Just because cars aren't pulling wheelstands down each straightaway doesn't mean the racing is going to be bad. Plus if the track is slicked off some it allows for smaller budget teams to be a little more competitive. (Less motor needed and if the driver is smooth they can pass the other guys that are blowing their tires off with their big motors)

Now if the track was so slick that you knew it was going to be huggy pole around the tires or rougher then a corn cob or blowing dust so bad the drivers can't see each other then yes it is appropriate to work on the track.

This is just an example and in no way a bash against L-Burg or Dave Rudisell (Lord knows he has taken enough crap on this forum lately), but a lot of drivers that regulary run the Burg perfer it when it starts to slick off. Early in the night the track is so fast it's hard to pass. Usually if the track isn't reworked then it allows for cars to come from the back IF they have set their car up to do so. (Take Levi and Shane's runs this past race for example).

I'm just an old has-been (or to some never-was) driver so my view on things may not be worth much.
Last edited by Knoke77; 6/16/09 at 3:24 PM.

1 member likes this post: dirtnonwingfan