View Single Post
6/2/09, 7:28 PM   #9
Re: more midgets at speedrome
Tony Barhorst

Don,

I don't need your excuse, and didn't take it. I posted the facts ...no excuses here.

You posted about " that Little Event, Knoxville"...well they had 22 cars. We don't expect any of those teams..nor do they show up at DK's events. Your comment was not an excuse..or even funny..or entertaining.

Like I said...we are not the first to have a low car count. Take a look around. There is no one to blame.

If this Speedrome deal doesn't work out...well...it's not the end of the world..but it will be one less place to race..to sell tires and midget cars..so..no one wins. We are giving it a good shot..but if it isn't meant to be..I come from a sports/entertainment background..and will promote something people want.

The facts are..if race teams want to compete for more $$$...they should respond if they ever want to make more money like they had a chance to Sunday. If we would have had a good turnout...maybe other promoters see that it works. I paid more than similar events. Just a suggestion...not an excuse.

People may wonder why am I promoting this?...It's because it is what I do..it's my job, and I need to work like everyone else. It is an opportunity that is open...in the Capitol of Racing. Not trying to hurt anyone...In fact..the more midget racing that is out there can only help all in the business of midget racing.

All is not grim..we had a good time at the event..many fine teams there. Kyle Hamilton beat some pretty good names.
Last edited by Tony Barhorst; 6/2/09 at 7:49 PM.