IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   USAC HPD series (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=83072)

Jim Gardner 2/10/15 1:34 PM

USAC HPD series

Waynesfield and Limaland each have a date for the USAC HPD midget series to be combined with the mini sprints listed on their schedules. However the schedule is not on USAC's site. Does anyone know of any other HPD dates this summer? Thanks.

cbhhms17439 2/10/15 2:40 PM

Re: USAC HPD series

jackson and atomic spee:22:dway

6565 2/10/15 3:19 PM

What are they? They're not the national series, right? The old focus series?

sprintcar39 2/10/15 4:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The current schedule is attached. There are a few additional dates that will be added.

Eric Rankine
eric@usacracing.com

Charles Nungester 2/10/15 6:30 PM

So these cars are able to race on larger tracks without hurting motors, while full up midgets can't?

Makes sense to me.

DAD 2/10/15 8:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Nungester (Post 405566)
So these cars are able to race on larger tracks without hurting motors, while full up midgets can't?

Makes sense to me.

Charles

YEP

The machine work and design that goes into just a stock every day driver type modern day motor is often made with more precision and closer tolerances toward surface finish than can be achieved by many engine builders working on the older V8 motor designs of yesteryear.

Honest Dad himself:6::6:

Charles Nungester 2/10/15 8:27 PM

What full up midgets are running v8s? Other than that one from NZ that came up that was two hyabusas in one block?

Kellen Conover 2/10/15 8:31 PM

I'm assuming they are running the little track at Toledo if that's what your mentioning Charles. But then again I'm wrobg a lot....

Charles Nungester 2/10/15 8:50 PM

Well Waynesfield isn't exactly small. Id say its 3/8ths and Atomic surely isn't small.

And Dad, I get your point on clearances, tollerances etc. They are making stock equptment that holds up better than a lot of racing stuff.

I've said for years that Midget racing should go to them small v6s of the 70s, early eighties that ford and chevy had in their vegas and capri's I blew many a small block chevy off the road 0-60 in my 76 Capri and then they would gain and pull away.

DAD 2/10/15 8:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAD (Post 405573)
Charles

YEP

The machine work and design that goes into just a stock every day driver type modern day motor is often made with more precision and closer tolerances toward surface finish than can be achieved by many engine builders working on the older V8 motor designs of yesteryear.

Charles

I'm sorry I meant Pinto and Iron Duke Chevy's. I was getting confused with sprint cars in another post. You know how it is when you get old. But the same facts are also true with the four cylinder motors.