IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Smackdown Lodging (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=60555)

Tim Watson 6/25/12 11:04 AM

Smackdown Lodging

Still trying to figure out what we want to do for this one. Go the motel route or maybe the campground route? Of course i want this to be as cheap as possible especially when we want to spend most of the time at the track. Basically all we really need is a shower on Friday and Saturday morning and that's it, we are use to sleeping in the van anyway.

duel 6/25/12 12:41 PM

Re: Smackdown Lodging

Tim, I would book that motel 6 on 31 for a night or two just to have a place to shower or get some a/c. Last years sprint week the desk person let me in for $30.00 at 11.am. I dodged the day heat and stayed at the track that night.

SHORTBUS 6/25/12 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duel (Post 287493)
tim, i would book that motel 6 on 31 for a night or two just to have a place to shower or get some a/c. Last years sprint week the desk person let me in for $30.00 at 11.am. I dodged the day heat and stayed at the track that night.

we booked at motel 6 last year.told them we would be a little late.got there - no room - sold it out from under us.finally got one with a walk in showere that they had to clean up before we could go in. ---- no more thanks -----:7::7:

Andrew S. Quinn 6/25/12 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Watson (Post 287473)
. Basically all we really need is a shower on Friday and Saturday morning and that's it, we are use to sleeping in the van anyway.

Just camp in the van at the track. There's a garden hose in the mens room to shower with !!:D:D:D

openwheelKT 6/25/12 3:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Watson (Post 287473)
Still trying to figure out what we want to do for this one. Go the motel route or maybe the campground route? Of course i want this to be as cheap as possible especially when we want to spend most of the time at the track. Basically all we really need is a shower on Friday and Saturday morning and that's it, we are use to sleeping in the van anyway.

I booked a room in Noblesville about 12 years ago...it's really going to pay off for this event. :23: Problem is, it wasn't cheap, still paying for it. :D

Onlydirt 6/25/12 4:45 PM

My professional opinion no Motel 6 or Garden/Signature Inn....

Mud Packer 6/25/12 4:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onlydirt (Post 287545)
My professional opinion no Motel 6 or Garden/Signature Inn....

Sounds like you might have had a call or two there!:3:

Mud Packer 6/25/12 4:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SHORTBUS (Post 287496)
we booked at motel 6 last year.told them we would be a little late.got there - no room - sold it out from under us.finally got one with a walk in showere that they had to clean up before we could go in. ---- no more thanks -----:7::7:

When they rent by the hour, be glad that they did a little clean up Bill.:5: Remember, it is catch and release.:39:

Chris Nunn 6/25/12 5:33 PM

Tent at the track...cant beat that.

Tim Watson 6/25/12 7:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Nunn (Post 287553)
Tent at the track...cant beat that.

I'm all for spending every minute at the track cause we usually do but this time since we aren't travelling to a few tracks where we can hit truck stops on the way we are really only looking for a place to shower on Friday and Saturday mornings.