IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Who is going where (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=51051)

racefan20 7/29/11 10:17 AM

Who is going where

Lately we have had a plethora of posts speculating on what cars are going to what tracks. TSS, Kokomo, Gas City, Eldora have all had posts just this week. Tell me, does it really matter? If you make a decision on wether to go to a race or not because someone on the board said so and so was coming to the track you had planned on attending or vice versa then I feel sad for you. The promoters around here do their best to put on a show they think you will enjoy. Go support your favorite track(or 2 or 3....well even 4 for me this weekend) and enjoy the races. You have no clue wether you will see a classic or a dud irregardless of who shows up, after all thats why we go isnt it, because we dont know when that classic race will occur. Go ahead flame away.

Charles Nungester 7/29/11 10:36 AM

Re: Who is going where

Quote:

Originally Posted by racefan20 (Post 244739)
Lately we have had a plethora of posts speculating on what cars are going to what tracks. TSS, Kokomo, Gas City, Eldora have all had posts just this week. Tell me, does it really matter? If you make a decision on wether to go to a race or not because someone on the board said so and so was coming to the track you had planned on attending or vice versa then I feel sad for you. The promoters around here do their best to put on a show they think you will enjoy. Go support your favorite track(or 2 or 3....well even 4 for me this weekend) and enjoy the races. You have no clue wether you will see a classic or a dud irregardless of who shows up, after all thats why we go isnt it, because we dont know when that classic race will occur. Go ahead flame away.

I agree. However when a track has a low count, More racing is better than less.

Say 15 cars show up. Have three five car heats. Put the top two in the draw or invert for the feature. Two eight car heats is still nice but does feel like less bang for the buck.

Good luck to all, stay safe, See you at the races. :6:

AERO410SCJA 7/29/11 10:44 AM

It does matter when one tracks 4 and a half hours from your house and ones 45 minutes and the other 2 tracks are 2 and a half to 3 hours away.

racefan20 7/29/11 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AERO410SCJA (Post 244745)
It does matter when one tracks 4 and a half hours from your house and ones 45 minutes and the other 2 tracks are 2 and a half to 3 hours away.

But thats a financial decision Aero not a decision based on who will be running that night.

AERO410SCJA 7/29/11 10:56 AM

It has nothing to do with money it's has to do with where I think I'll see the best racing.If the drivers didn't matter I would never attend a USAC race.

Charles Nungester 7/29/11 11:01 AM

I love the big races but I'll honestly say that some of the best races I've seen is when there was no top dollar team around. That five car battle for second becomes a five car battle for first :)

jim goerge 7/29/11 11:04 AM

I am going to TSS cuz I work (if ya wanta call it that) with MSCS. But there are weekends where the wife and I flip a coin to see where we are goin to. Car counts dpn:t really matter to us . Yeah its nice to see 30 to 40 cars but have seen some really dam good hard fast racing with just 16 17 cars . You never know what you;ll get when you pull in the lot as Hoover said it may be a thriller are may be a dud but just get out and suport the tracks no matter where. I;m sure you see some good races and have fun doing it too :8:

Charles Nungester 7/29/11 11:12 AM

The only time I really felt bad about a low count was when it was really low, About 8 cars. The heat and the feature were pretty much the same race, Just different number of laps. :)

openwheelKT 7/29/11 11:30 AM

I’ve posted on this subject before… I decide where I’m going and I don’t ever wonder who is going to show up. I of course CARE who shows up, but I don’t go and try to dig up who’s going to show beforehand. I’m lucky that I live in the middle of everything so it’s easy for me to pick where I want to go based on what show/track I want to see. If I lived 15 minutes from a track, I might not drive 4 hours to see a show I’m more interested in, but I don’t have to worry about that. I really don’t understand the “who’s going to be there” threads because NOBODY on here knows all drivers that are going to be anywhere. Personally, if I don’t go to the pits beforehand, I like seeing who comes out of the chute. The, “cool X driver is here”, adds to it for me. I base where I go mostly on tracks I want to go to and if a series is running (I’ll always pick a series over a local show…just me). If it’s a local show, I just pick what track I want to go to. Everybody looks at things differently, but I don’t worry about who is going to show…

Can we get Funk’s, “all cars that show up will be there”, made into a “Smiles” icon? :23:

Mud Packer 7/29/11 11:42 AM

I am going to stay on topic here before someone rips on me for being less neutral.:3: Tonight USAC National Midgets at Speedrome, Saturday the Road to the Hewitt at Eldora, Sunday night the Bob Darland Classic at Kokomo and Monday night at Anderson Speedway for the Redbud 300. After last nights ARCA/USAC Midget-Silver Crown tripleheader, hoping for a great weekend of racing.:6: