IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Eldora rain dates (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=45771)

ThrowbackRacingTeam 4/18/11 5:59 PM

Eldora rain dates

Just wondering when eldora is planning to reschedule the USAC sprint races that were rained out a couple weeks ago. Hopefully they could atleast do one. Gas City, Lawrenceburg, and Kokomo all stepped up to the plate so how bout it Big E?

jim goerge 4/18/11 7:01 PM

Re: Eldora rain dates

Don"t hold your breath! Remember what Tony said that weekend is always a money loser.

MWestfallfan54 4/18/11 8:16 PM

I can't believe anyone actually believes that, that "Tony Stewart" poster on here was actually Tony. He has better things to do than waste his time on here. Just sayin.

I highly doubt Eldora will reschedule the races. Sprintcars are garbage at Eldora since Tony took the dip out of the track. It slowed the track down and made the top impossible to run unless the track is slick.

racephoto1 4/18/11 9:27 PM

The reason that race is a money loser, is the track is hasn't been ready to run on the last 2 years.

AERO410SCJA 4/18/11 11:23 PM

Somebody better tell Clauson and Ballou that you can't run the top when it's not slick.

ThrowbackRacingTeam 4/19/11 1:32 AM

In my opinion that place has gone downhill big-time since stewart took over, especially for USAC fans and racers. They don't know what the hell they are doing with the track surface atleast for the USAC races. They've cut out most non-wing races claiming to lose money on them. I wouldn't be surprised if they were robbin' Tony blind. They are obviously wing lovers when they won't schedule a USAC race during a time of year when there's actually a good chance of getting it in. Ofcourse why would they waste their time reading what THEIR FANS THINK about their track. Customers don't matter, right??

Just some guy 4/19/11 8:03 AM

Why dont you all just be happy that its the beginning of the season and that we are seeing cars go around the track. Weather conditions just didnt help eldora out the last couple of years. Atleast 1 night has been rained out and this year both nights didnt happen. The fog was bad. I was there. And the racing wasn't that bad. Yes i was dissapointed. But its not like it was all Eldora's fault. And if they cancelled. Everyone would of complained. Maybe they will reschedule it. You dont know that. I will still go back. I love the joint and i hope you all do the same. Do you want to see another track go down the drain? I know I dont. And i truthfully hope they reschedule it.

hoosierdaddy 4/19/11 8:36 AM

You people can complain all you want about the Eldora USAC shows. Last year worked out fantastic for me. I don't go to Eldora (for any type of racing) that early in the year. So I got lucky enough to go to the Wednesday makeup show last year and watched some pretty good racing. Hopefully I'll get to do it again this this year!

duel 4/19/11 9:36 AM

I have already received my refund check for Saturday's usac show. usac just rescheduled L-burg for the same night eldora is running sprints. why usac and eldora can't get together and schedule a summer show on a weekend is beyond me.

R A K 4/19/11 12:20 PM

I highly doubt Eldora will reschedule the races. Sprintcars are garbage at Eldora since Tony took the dip out of the track. It slowed the track down and made the top impossible to run unless the track is slick.[/QUOTE]

Matt doesn't seem to mind it ...