IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   ELDORA SPEEDWAY - 2023 - $1 MILLION To Win Wing Sprints. $$$ (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=122136)

nathans1012 12/14/22 9:43 PM

ELDORA SPEEDWAY - 2023 - $1 MILLION To Win Wing Sprints. $$$

ELDORA SPEEDWAY
ROSSBURG, OHIO

Now it's the Wing Sprint Cars to race for a MILLION.

2023 - $1 Million To Win Wing Sprints

$1,002,023 to win. $1.4 Million total purse

https://www.eldoraspeedway.com/2022/...d-sprint-cars/

Charles Nungester 12/14/22 11:09 PM

Re: ELDORA SPEEDWAY - 2023 - $1 MILLION To Win Wing Sprints.

So do WoO give a exemption for this or include it in their four allowed?

The unsanctioned event, which features a winner’s purse of $1,002,023 from a total purse of $1.4 million, is a cooperative effort with the speedway’s official livestream partner, FloSports, a leader in sports streaming and original content, which will provide exclusive live streaming of the event.

motorhead748 12/15/22 7:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Nungester (Post 560367)
So do WoO give a exemption for this or include it in their four allowed?

The unsanctioned event, which features a winner’s purse of $1,002,023 from a total purse of $1.4 million, is a cooperative effort with the speedway’s official livestream partner, FloSports, a leader in sports streaming and original content, which will provide exclusive live streaming of the event.

I’d bet a hot fudge sundae that this was discussed between eldora & WoO long before the announcement

B99 12/15/22 12:41 PM

KUDOS to Flo for getting this involved. This should draw both fans at the track and viewers to FLO. Hopefully FLO will do some work to help other promoters bump up purses/defray costs for the other events they stream.

I hope this event really takes off and becomes an annual deal.

WinglessLovers 12/15/22 2:09 PM

[QUOTE=Charles Nungester;560367]So do WoO give a exemption for this or include it in their four allowed?

The unsanctioned event, which features a winner’s purse of $1,002,023 from a total purse of $1.4 million, is a cooperative effort with the speedway’s official livestream partner, FloSports, a leader in sports streaming and original content, which will provide exclusive live streaming of the event.[/QUOT

Charles,

Good question!! I can't see WOO counting this as one of their members four allowed. Think this will be an exception with the money involved even though some of it is provided by their livestream competitor, FloSports.

Bruce Eckel

Charles Nungester 12/15/22 2:26 PM

I honestly can't say if this is good for the sport or bad for the sport. Or just in General the sports going the way the Late Models did. With a ton of tracks getting ten to fifteen cars for regular shows and anyone who has backing to compete. just races big shows.

I also see fans attending less but bigger shows only. This is a week, Knoxville another. Add in A speedweek or two and you got four mini vacations June-sept

Racers, Heck we got twenty five races that pay 20 grand plus Ten of em 50K or more. Win one, thats more than five regular outlaw or all star wins.. I see some like Macri, Marks, Gravel, Koffoid and a few others just going $$ racing and hell with a points championship. But they may run some of that too cherry picking $$ and tracks they tend to run best at.

I also don't like that Flo $$ is going for select events only. It should be spread out and make each sanctions purse a bit bigger every night.

Sign of the times, I guess Im glad they're having it. Just not necessarily the way it's going. Last years KR attendees get first choice on ticks. Well this is basically a Nascar ticket license which went well. UNTIL tracks that had two year waiting list at one time can't fill the place anymore and people basically giving tickets for free in the parking lot.

767 12/16/22 12:01 PM

Just glad the sprinters are getting a chance. I bet we see a lot of nonwing guys trying to hit some wing shows this spring. Thats bad for racing in Indiana because most here just want to hate on the wings. Not many wing races even held in Indiana in 2023.

ThrowbackRacingTeam 12/16/22 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 767 (Post 560428)
Just glad the sprinters are getting a chance. I bet we see a lot of nonwing guys trying to hit some wing shows this spring. Thats bad for racing in Indiana because most here just want to hate on the wings. Not many wing races even held in Indiana in 2023.

I kinda doubt it. They know they have no chance of a good finish in this race and there are more high paying non-wing races this year than ever before. I think the non-wing guys are going to stick to what they do best and stay focused on that.

Charles Nungester 12/16/22 4:01 PM

I see Brady Bacon doing it for sure. He's not into the triple crown so much as he is doubling up. If there's a wing and non wing, A wing and a midget. A Non Wing and a midget shows.. Not sure what USAC has that week but a million to win twenty miles from his shop is a no miss.

revjimk 12/17/22 3:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Nungester (Post 560391)
I honestly can't say if this is good for the sport or bad for the sport. Or just in General the sports going the way the Late Models did. With a ton of tracks getting ten to fifteen cars for regular shows and anyone who has backing to compete. just races big shows.

I also see fans attending less but bigger shows only. This is a week, Knoxville another. Add in A speedweek or two and you got four mini vacations June-sept

Racers, Heck we got twenty five races that pay 20 grand plus Ten of em 50K or more. Win one, thats more than five regular outlaw or all star wins.. I see some like Macri, Marks, Gravel, Koffoid and a few others just going $$ racing and hell with a points championship. But they may run some of that too cherry picking $$ and tracks they tend to run best at.

I also don't like that Flo $$ is going for select events only. It should be spread out and make each sanctions purse a bit bigger every night.

Sign of the times, I guess Im glad they're having it. Just not necessarily the way it's going. Last years KR attendees get first choice on ticks. Well this is basically a Nascar ticket license which went well. UNTIL tracks that had two year waiting list at one time can't fill the place anymore and people basically giving tickets for free in the parking lot.

Ah c'mon..... $6,000 to start?
As my late father would say, "Quitcha bitchin"
Can't be anything but good! :22: