IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   2020 Crown schedule (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=111923)

flagboy55 11/27/19 10:06 AM

2020 Crown schedule

So with the news on IOW of the Terre Haute schedule we see they’ve got the Hoosier 100, but no Sumar. To me this says we lost a dirt race off the big car schedule. Has anyone one heard any possible additions on dirt to the season? I’m indifferent to the pavement race’s in large part to the short fields and the Kody domination. Although rumors are that he may not be running the whole schedule this year might make blacktop a bit more interesting. The fields on dirt are testament to where the interest in the sport lies. Would love to hear what you guys think

ThrowbackRacingTeam 11/27/19 1:27 PM

Patience my friends,schedules didn't used to come out until mid-January. Hoping for a second race at either Springfield or DuQuoin while I wait and enjoy the holidays.

wing410fan 11/27/19 3:42 PM

The silver crown schedule should be out on the week of December 8.

oppweld 11/27/19 6:11 PM

Seeing how the SUMAR rained out we didn't really lose much. I would like to see a second Eastern Storm crown race Port Royal or Bridgeport (if they don't dismantle the 5/8s). It might encourage more east coast teams to be created.

billw 11/27/19 6:20 PM

Re: 2020 Crown schedule

Quote:

Originally Posted by oppweld (Post 523125)
Seeing how the SUMAR rained out we didn't really lose much. I would like to see a second Eastern Storm crown race Port Royal or Bridgeport (if they don't dismantle the 5/8s). It might encourage more east coast teams to be created.

the 5/8th and 3/8 are being replaced by a 1/2 modeled after lawrenceburg

Jonr 11/27/19 8:13 PM

:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

jdull99 11/27/19 8:27 PM

There were 24 cars in the field at the last pavement race at IRP...I know that is less than most of the dirt races lately, but that's a pretty strong count...

miledirt 11/28/19 8:59 AM

Still wishing for a champ dirt car race during the Mo. State Fair on their half mile. Already have a lot of fans in the area because of the fair and the track could handle it. Otherwise, hoping for a second race on one of the Illinois miles

oldfan49 11/28/19 9:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miledirt (Post 523141)
Still wishing for a champ dirt car race during the Mo. State Fair on their half mile. Already have a lot of fans in the area because of the fair and the track could handle it. Otherwise, hoping for a second race on one of the Illinois miles

I have always thought a 2 race swing at the Missouri State Fair and Knoxville for the big cars would really go over great.

Too bad the mile is gone. Loved watching them as well as the USAC stocks there

brsteg 11/28/19 11:48 PM

I just want the Crown race at Salem to be 100 laps...