IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   A Few Racin Boys Chili Bowl streaming questions (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=107672)

Will Shunk 1/11/19 12:34 PM

A Few Racin Boys Chili Bowl streaming questions

New to streaming. When you buy this week long package for the Chili Bowl can you...
1. stream to your DVR for later viewing? or is the TV just a monitor? (watching live all week will be difficult with work)
2. Does the Racin Boys site archive for later/next day on demand viewing for PPV customers?
3. Would folks recommend all week PPV or are certain individual nights more bang for $?
4. How do you rate the streaming service quality...1 star to 5 stars

I do not want to get all pissed off and throw money down the drain because I don't know what I am doing.:15:
Thanks for your input!

bigsby 1/11/19 1:09 PM

Re: A Few Racin Boys Chili Bowl streaming questions

I'll try to answer as best I can.

1. No way to stream to your DVR, it's live. To be able to watch it on your TV, you would need to either stream it on a laptop and hook your laptop up to your TV through an HDMI cable, or use something like a chromecast to do that wirelessly.
2. Yes, they do archive. But, you may need to be a premium member to watch archives, I'm not sure.
3. It is cheaper to buy all 6 days ($145) than individually ($30 a day). You basically get a day and some change for free.
4. I've bought the stream the last 4 years, I think. I would rate it a 4. There are inevitably going to be a few hiccups with roughly 44 hours of live racing being streamed (you may have to refresh the page a few times throughout the week if the stream freezes.) They have multiple camera shots, slow motion replays, interviews, live announcers. Back to back prices increases are a little hard to swallow, but I understand this year's with the added night. I will continue to purchase, however.

JDK222 1/11/19 1:19 PM

Just be aware you don’t get B Mains or the A Main on Saturday on Racin Boys.

bigsby 1/11/19 1:23 PM

I believe you don't get the C Mains either. They are all on MAVTV Saturday night.

RockinRy 1/11/19 2:55 PM

I don't have MavTV. Just paid a 100 for a year of LucasOilRacingTV. I believe they have the same broadcast as MAVTV.
I'm getting all stoked for Chili Bowl watching the past ones and putting in my Pool picks but if I ignore my wife for six nights in a row I'll be in the doghouse. :3:

AustinSprinter 1/11/19 3:21 PM

Few Racin Boys Chili Bowl Streaming Questions!!..

Exactly!!...that's why shes NOT My WIFE!!…lol

duel 1/11/19 4:57 PM

I have watched the last 3 years all days for around $100. This year I think they want 144 for 6 days. It's a lot of racing and a good feed. You hate to miss any of it. You see a good 5 to 6 hours a night. Sat is really pretty good. They start early in the day and run all day up to the live tv.

Therealether 1/11/19 5:54 PM

Anyone who wants to watch Saturday on MavTV, nkt.tv has a very cheap way to do it

Xflagman 1/11/19 8:26 PM

Check max tv 15 a month for mav tv plus more.

chathamracefan 1/11/19 9:50 PM

I have had the ppv every year. It is very good. There might be a hiccup one night but most nights you can just start it and it is good. Not cheap but it is a ton of racing and is really good.