IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Next USAC 1st time Winner? (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=104874)

oppweld 6/21/18 8:21 AM

Next USAC 1st time Winner?

Since its been established the same 3-4 cars win all the races (sarcasm), Who do you think it will be and where will it occur? My vote: Stephen Schnapf- Haubstadt.

mc/rider 6/21/18 8:25 AM

Re: Next USAC 1st time Winner?

Andretti is close to racing all 30 laps

oppweld 6/21/18 8:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mc/rider (Post 496535)
Andretti is close to racing all 30 laps

I could see him taking one at the Burg!

Kingz 6/21/18 8:58 AM

After watching Timmy B. at Eastern Storm it very well could be him. Very impressive.

btg1963 6/21/18 9:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oppweld (Post 496534)
Since its been established the same 3-4 cars win all the races (sarcasm), Who do you think it will be and where will it occur? My vote: Stephen Schnapf- Haubstadt.

That would be an excellent guess!

Nate 6/21/18 9:56 AM

I wouldn't be surprised to see Logan Seavey sneak one in there. Ran really well at both Bloomington and Haubstadt back in April

btg1963 6/21/18 9:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nate (Post 496541)
I wouldn't be surprised to see Logan Seavey sneak one in there. Ran really well at both Bloomington and Haubstadt back in April

That is also an excellent pick!

Charles Nungester 6/21/18 9:59 AM

Boyles? Sussex?

If it weren't for qualifying I know several who'd probably already have won. They race well, beat the big dogs at local shows but always end up starting in the back at USAC.

Not saying it's right or wrong, just they don't normally qualify much and they can't afford to wadd a car up trying. They have no backup. usually can't afford three sets of rear tires a night. (The reason I advocate qualifying against your heat only and letting finish dictate feature start position)

That being said, that was cool a couple years ago during sprint week with several first time winners.

At times it may be dominated by a few, But it's a exclusive club and probably the hardest to win in. I know guys who raced USAC for many many years and only got one or a couple or none at all wins.

Richie sometimes post the all time wins list and for 50+ years with probably a average 22 races a year. it's not a lot of different winners.

quicktime3 6/21/18 10:31 AM

That qualifying excuse is bad. Real bad.
It looks like the USAC regulars are winning the shows they run without qualifying, too. They just swept Midget Week shows, Ballou won Paragon, Stockon won Haubstadt, KTJ has won everything. Grant drops in at Lawrenceburg, wins.
I think the most realistic would be A.J. Hopkins. He’s good at Putnamville, which is probably the weakest track for a lot of USAC regulars.

david mitchell 6/21/18 10:35 AM

Excellent post Charles.No one around here that I can see but maybe Andretti.Buckwalter very impressive,but I don’t know if that was because he was familiar with those places.We will see when Sprintweek starts.That’s why USAC win is so difficult and impressive when done.It is a closed shop with the way program is run.