IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Chili Bowl airs Saturday on CBS (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=58634)

Klepper 4/12/12 3:29 PM

Chili Bowl airs Saturday on CBS

Just a quick reminder to those who may not know...

The Lucas Oil Chili Bowl will air this Saturday the 14th at 2pm Eastern on CBS.

Yes CBS.

rk

racefan20 4/12/12 4:03 PM

Re: Chili Bowl airs Saturday on CBS

Dont think I will be any happier with the result that I was the 1st time.

woodrow 4/12/12 5:08 PM

CBS is a joke it only a one hour show

reeserx 4/12/12 5:33 PM

Better then nothing

Posted via Mobile Device

raceway video 4/12/12 5:56 PM

Woodrows replay after being told he won 365 million dollar lottery;
"big deal, the government is gonna take 1/2 of it"

woodrow 4/12/12 8:25 PM

I'm disappointed, because its a week long event how can you put that in one hour. you should understand that.

big3131 4/12/12 9:20 PM

I know who wins, and im not telling

AustinSprinter 4/13/12 5:32 AM

ChiliBowl 2P EST Saturday 4/14 on CBS!!.....

Are ya hear'n what Klepper is sayin'??...tell everyone ya know to watch it,record it for the ratings!!..pump it up for possibly a more lengthly CBS show in the future!!...no BS,no winnin',no sniblin'....just do it!!...he didn't come on here ta hear ya cryin'....if that ain't good enough,then get ur X$$ ta Tulsa in Jan. like the resta us for the whole WEEK!!........

illiNOISE 4/13/12 7:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woodrow (Post 276432)
CBS is a joke it only a one hour show

We have dirt track racing on over the air, broadcast network TV, and you're whining that it's only an hour? Seriously?

davidm 4/13/12 9:31 AM

Thanks for the head up Klepper!

woodrow 4/13/12 4:09 PM

:D your right I should be happy, but with all the stupid shows on tv not worth watching, this should be a 7 week series starting on Monday with hot laps and lots of driver interviews

illiNOISE 4/13/12 4:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woodrow (Post 276538)
:D your right I should be happy, but with all the stupid shows on tv not worth watching, this should be a 7 week series starting on Monday with hot laps and lots of driver interviews

That would be great, though I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it to happen. LOL

I am quite interested in how they produced this coverage. Did they go for the human interest side, and spend a lot of time on the Donnie Ray Crawford backstory? Did they try to educate the first time viewer of midget racing regarding what a midget racecar even is?

While those of us on this board might wish to see more coverage of the prelims, that might just confuse the first time viewer. It's probably best to just show the A-Main.

Jonr 4/13/12 4:38 PM

I am amazed about the attitudes of some people about dirt track racing on TV. IF dirt track racing was profitable to put on TV, all of the channels would be doing it. TV is all about making money. For all of the stupid shows that are on TV, they are profitable to put on TV. They are either cheap to produce or have a large audience or probably both. Unfortunately, this is not the case for dirt track racing.

It will be interesting to watch the broadcast on Saturday. Did CBS sell a lot of adds to a lot of different people, or did Lucas Oil (or something similiar) purchase the entire hour.

SPRINTCAR 4/14/12 9:28 AM

I'm not seeing it on my program guide in Cincy. Still looking, any help from Cincy viewers?

Phylo82 4/14/12 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPRINTCAR (Post 276617)
I'm not seeing it on my program guide in Cincy. Still looking, any help from Cincy viewers?

Shows up as "auto racing" on my program guide (Time Warner).

I guess if we can't race in the rain I'll sit inside and watch racing on TV.

BrentTFunk 4/14/12 10:59 AM

Wish I could watch. That is when I am leaving for Lawrenceburg.

Stephen Cording 4/14/12 11:27 AM

Would anyone be kind enough to record the show onto DVD for a couple of UK Race fans. Please.

Midget 89 4/14/12 12:09 PM

Local CBS station is featuring a 24-hour hospital telethon. Wonderful.

richie 4/14/12 2:09 PM

It's on now, on CBS!

terrehautian 4/14/12 2:14 PM

Cool, they are showing the B main and the A main.

hoosierhillbilly 4/14/12 2:55 PM

No chili in Columbus, oh. Thanks wbns.

Posted via Mobile Device

Wallsracing 4/14/12 2:59 PM

old man swindell still crying the blues after doing a huge wheelstand....then blames somebody for getting into him,,,lmao

Gregg 4/14/12 3:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallsracing (Post 276690)
old man swindell still crying the blues after doing a huge wheelstand....then blames somebody for getting into him,,,lmao

Took the words out of my mouth.:3:

Wallsracing 4/14/12 3:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terrehautian (Post 276683)
Cool, they are showing the B main and the A main.

There was 2 b mains actually

Posted via Mobile Device

illiNOISE 4/14/12 4:14 PM

The broadcast team did a great job explaining what a midget is to the uninitiated viewer. But I do wish they would've played up the Indy 500 angle a little bit more than just talking about Tony Stewart and Bryan Clauson. Maybe show some footage from Donnie Beechler's Tulsa win in '95, or from Rich Vogler's winning of a Golden Driller in '87. Then show footage of them from the 500. As much as those of us in the IOW-community might wish they could've shown highlights from the entire week, I think spending more of the broadcast making the connection between the Indy 500 and the Chili Bowl would've done a better job of holding the interest of the general public than showing the 2nd B-Main.

But bottom line, we got dirt track racing on over the air TV.:6:

staggerman 4/15/12 11:30 AM

The coverage was great IMO. The only thing I found weird is how they discussed the Crawford situation. They made it sound like he died in a racing accident at the CB.

Chubs Peterson 4/15/12 9:13 PM

I thought the coverage was great and it looked great in HD. I hope it is just the start for CBS. I know the Show Me 100 LM race is on in June so maybe some sprint car stuff is right around the corner as well. I know only an hour but if someone new was watching, you really couldnt expect them to watch a whole lot longer than that. JMO.

terrehautian 4/15/12 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staggerman (Post 276742)
The coverage was great IMO. The only thing I found weird is how they discussed the Crawford situation. They made it sound like he died in a racing accident at the CB.

Yeah, that is how it sounded to me also, but I forgot the circumstances to his death. Now that I just looked it up I remember....

RGraves 4/16/12 8:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallsracing (Post 276690)

unreal.....it is sure easy to not like the guy but hard not to respect his talent. Anybody know what Kevin's racing plans are for the year?