IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Anyone else having problems w IOW? (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=82813)

Dick Monahan 1/28/15 6:48 PM

Anyone else having problems w IOW?

When I click on the top item in the forum, I get sent to a blank page with a box in the middle that says, "UPDATES RECOMMENDED! It is recommended that you install the software to insure your software and browser is the latest version." The box has only an OK button. I know this is some kind of scam; I am not going to click that button. Then, when I try to shut the browser, I get the box that makes me click "Leave Page" in order to continue.

grinch 1/28/15 6:59 PM

Not happening here....

dirtnonwingfan 1/28/15 7:07 PM

Re: Anyone else having problems w IOW?

No problems.

Charles Nungester 1/28/15 7:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Monahan (Post 404321)
When I click on the top item in the forum, I get sent to a blank page with a box in the middle that says, "UPDATES RECOMMENDED! It is recommended that you install the software to insure your software and browser is the latest version." The box has only an OK button. I know this is some kind of scam; I am not going to click that button. Then, when I try to shut the browser, I get the box that makes me click "Leave Page" in order to continue.

Have for a couple days now. Wants you to download something. DON'T DO IT!

Its not the first time I've had problems but first in awhile. Some script or something on the site is sending us there.

bigq11 1/28/15 7:52 PM

I've had the same problem for the last few days. I thought it strange that it only happens on IOW. I even downloaded a malware removal utility and ran it. Still have the problem. I closed the CHROME browser and started IE. No problem when using IE. If you are using CHROME and find a fix please post it. I would like to get back to using CHROME.

Thanks

DAD 1/28/15 7:54 PM

I think we been hacked??? I just got it

Charles Nungester 1/28/15 8:11 PM

using firefox myself and get the re-direct Even updated yesterday, Still getting it.

har59 1/28/15 8:38 PM

I always bypass the home pages and open directly to the forum pages whenever possible.

Bill84 1/28/15 10:57 PM

I access this page through a direct link too, and I've been having the same issue. Firefox on a Mac.

Bill

racenut69 1/29/15 5:28 AM

Try resetting Chrome or manually updating it...Go to the top right and drop down the menu and go to Settings..If I can do it,anyone can!..;)