IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Mini-Sprint Classifieds (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Hi velocity intakes (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=67473)

MC@Performance Fab 3/27/13 3:57 PM

High velocity intakes

1 Attachment(s)
Hi I would like to introduce myself, my company and product.
I am Monte Crawford, I own Performance Fabrication and build Hi Velocity Intakes.
I introduced Hi Velocity Intakes to the Modlite and Dwarf Car racers in 2011 and since then Performance Fabrication High Velocity Intakes have become the intake of choice for those markets. Our first year we won 5 championships, 1 in Dwarf Cars, 2 in Modlites, and 2 in Minisprints. The two championships in minisprints were won by Todd Lehr, 1 at Willmont Speedway and 1 with the WIMS Championship Series. Last year we won more races, more championships, and this year we are expanding into the minisprint series throughout the US.
To get the best performance from a late model 1000cc bike engine you must look real hard at corner exit power, the big numbers people like to talk about don't mean much if you can't get off the corners. I firmly believe we have the best corner exit in the market.
Call or email for prices for the complete line of High Velocity Intakes
Ill post a couple of pics so you can get a feel for the product.
Feel free to contact me at 760-317-7680 or montecrawfords@gmail.com

Thanks, Monte

MC@Performance Fab 3/27/13 4:04 PM

Re: Hi velocity intakes

2 Attachment(s)
A few more pics.

MC@Performance Fab 3/30/13 2:27 PM

Thanks for all of your views and phone calls.
I will answer a few of the questions I have been fielding.
What does a complete clamp on style GSXR weight? at 5.5LBS its the lightest intake of its style on the market and the best priced.
How does it compare with intakes running the OEM stacks? The unequal length stock stacks are great at making a very smooth power curve and if I were looking to go riding a bike thru the mountains around here they would be fine. However for the short track market you need maximum performance from the hit of the throttle and thats something the stock stacks don't do well. The great thing about the late model bike motors is they make really good HP. The bad thing about them is they only make half the torque compared to HP and this makes them soft on corner exit. On bikes with the staggered stacks you bang gears to keep the motor in the optimum rpm range, can't do that with a short track car. Thats what Hi Velocity Intakes are all about, much better corner exit power makes for much better top speed and lap times, much easier to pass cars with the corner exit power improvement.
Heres a link to the past couple of years customer feedback.
http://dwarfcarracing.com/forums/sho...locity-intakes

MC@Performance Fab 4/3/13 9:01 PM

Thanks Everyone!!

MC@Performance Fab 4/14/13 4:46 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Went to the 1/2 mile at Perris last night to check out the World of Outlaws and help a California Lightning Sprints team running my intake. It takes some real power to run a minisprint on a 1/2 mile.
Jerrett was the only car in the race running a Hi Velocity Intake and he led all 20 laps for the win. Hell even the old guy got his mug in the winners pics. LOL

BTW for anyone wanting wanting to check it out heres a video on Facebook, just scroll down the page to find the 2 videos.

https://www.facebook.com/monte.crawford.12

MC@Performance Fab 4/24/13 8:04 PM

Thanks for everyone calls wanting more info. I build Hi Velocity Intakes for most of the current liter motors. Feel free to call with any questions.

Thanks, Monte

MC@Performance Fab 5/14/13 11:42 AM

The three pics in the first post are from the left a, 01-04 GSXR, 08-10 ZX10, 05-08 GSXR.

aussie_rob 5/14/13 8:38 PM

hi mate just wondering what you have for a 07 R1? i run a basic injection setup with bigger injectors, oem stacks and henchcraft air filter setup but looking for something similar to the photo of the 2011 zx10 setup with injectors in the top

MC@Performance Fab 5/14/13 10:10 PM

Shipped an R1 Intake for a dwarf car to Canada a couple weeks ago and another for a minisprint to Ohio last week. Are you running top mounted injectors at the moment? If so are you looking to use the injectors, fuel rail and such on the new intake?

Monte

aussie_rob 5/15/13 1:27 AM

at the moment its running the injectors in the stock position but with a billet fuel rail. id like to run them plus 4 top mounts and new stacks. its for a bailey mini sprint

MC@Performance Fab 5/17/13 3:55 PM

Checked the weight at USPS, 6.5 LBS for the complete intake and all mounting hardware. Thats lighter then anything of its type on the market.

tyjake75 5/28/13 10:51 PM

We have one of Monte's intakes on an 08 R1 in our mini sprint.Monte is great to deal with and willing to do whatever he can to help you get your car on the track and running up front. The power off the corners is awesome and the craftsmanship of these intakes are second to none. Thanks for all your help

MC@Performance Fab 6/25/13 11:38 PM

I have a 09 and up stock R1 intake a customer sent to me recently to see if I would be interested in doing a proper intake for it.
If there's enough interest from you guys I would add it my line.

Those that are serious please email me at montecrawfords@gmail.com

Thanks, Monte

wardracing8 6/26/13 10:28 PM

Hello my name is Justin ward and I purchased a set up from you for my 06gsxr 1000 in a lightning sprint that I run up in Michigan with the hirams lightning sprints. I wanted to say that your setup is steller I could really feel the difference in coming out of the corners. It had great pull. On Friday night I won my heat and finished second in the feature, and on Saturday I won my heat and led all laps to win the feature. I would recommend this product to anyone. See for your self order one of his setups if you don't already have one. THanks Monty

MC@Performance Fab 6/28/13 2:13 PM

Thanks Justin, always love hearing feedback after the first race with a new intake. Everyone is blown away!

In talking to people wanting the new R1 intake what I am looking to do to keep the price down is do a group buy, $750 for the complete intake and billet fuel rail. This will be a one time deal so if your interested in getting in on this let me know.

Thanks, Monte

MC@Performance Fab 7/25/13 5:49 AM

Just sent another minisprint intake down under to Australia and in the past couple weeks have shipped 9 intakes for modlites in the states.

Thanks All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monte

MC@Performance Fab 7/27/13 3:26 PM

Finished up work on my latest High Velocity Intake a few weeks back and sent it out for track testing. Put it on POLE and then ran fast lap time for the event,SWEET!!
Everyone wanted to see dyno results so I sent it out to be tested and haven't got it back yet. In qualifying for tonight's race they are a full second off the pace running without my High Velocity Intake.

Thats REAL WORLD dyno testing.

champ5racer 10/9/13 10:18 PM

How much for one of your setups for a 2009 CBR1000rr?

MC@Performance Fab 10/10/13 12:19 PM

The price for a complete CBR setup just like the pic at the top of the page is $650.

If you need any more questions answered feel free to ask.

Monte Crawford

Performance Fabrication High Velocity Intakes

760-317-7680

MC@Performance Fab 11/28/13 7:19 PM

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!

Monte Crawford

Performance Fabrication

High Velocity Intakes

760-317-7680

montecrawfords@gmail.com

MC@Performance Fab 12/8/13 4:25 PM

The top minisprint driver in Australia with 50 career wins and 4 championships was looking for more corner exit power coming into this season and chose to go with my line of High Velocity Intakes for his 2010 CBR powered Henchcraft. He's had some engine issues so far this season which have turned out to be a bad electrical connector. This weekend is the first time he has been able to run a full event with the motor firing on all cylinders and below are his comments after the race.

Sean BarnettRacing
Hi Monte,...how are you over there ...where do i start....has anyone said that your intake is toooo good...man im having trouble hooking this car up when it gets slick,it just has too much power and im spinning wheels and frying the rear tyres,...have you heard of anyone over there having to change setup for the better power from your intake.....ive come to conclusion i have to do more to get the power down...for the first time this season everything went well ,had no issues and completed the meeting...a 4th and 2nd in the heats...started 12th and ended up 5th...just had no grip the last 6 laps of a 15 lap feature race...im going to a mates place who is very knowledgeable about setups and has a set of scales so im going to scale the car and see what we have...very happy with the performance just need to get the setup much better to get better results...might have to go softer in the bars to get more traction ....thanks again and take it easy... Sean BarnettRacing

Thanks Again to Sean Barnett Racing, Monte Crawford Performance Fabrication High Velocity Intakes

MC@Performance Fab 1/27/14 10:32 PM

Well the 2014 racing season is just around the corner and I have just shipped 2 R1 intakes to Kentucky and a GSXR intake to Oregon. Have also been fielding some calls and something everyone asks is do I have stuff in stock ready to ship. The answer is no because I don't do a one size fits all approach like some of the others. Everything I do is custom built for each individual motor platform and what type track your going to be racing on. Fact is in 2013 I shipped intakes with 6 different size velocity stacks, not one SIX!!! And I'm not talking about adding a billet base plate and calling that a different velocity stack. Were talking about 6 different velocity stacks just for 1000cc sport bike motors, no one else goes to that kind of detail to make sure you get the best package possible and that's why my customer feedback has always been so great.

Thanks to all those who have supported High Velocity Intakes the past few years and to those new customers that 2014 brings.

Monte Crawford

Performance Fabrication

High Velocity Intakes

760-317-7680

montecrawfords@gmail.com

marcus21x 1/29/14 2:02 PM

Do you make these for r6 motors?

MC@Performance Fab 1/29/14 9:37 PM

Have had people ask about doing something for one but on one has stepped up to the table to make it happen. The exact same design criteria and goals apply to both, do everything possible to improve torque and keep the package light. End of the day your never going to get anywhere with the stock stacks.

marcus21x 1/30/14 4:05 PM

Well I was thinking stacks for carbs! :D

MC@Performance Fab 1/30/14 4:26 PM

LOL..no I haven't done anything with carbs. I fully understand the 600cc engine guys prefer so stay in the dark ages but the rest of the world has moved on.

MC@Performance Fab 2/1/14 5:42 PM

Heres a few pics of some ancient history.

20 years ago my family had a Honda F1 powered 600 micro sprint running alky with carbs. When it ran it ran semi OK but never ran good and the carbs were usually to blame. It got to the point where it was either sell the dam thing or do something to fix it.

My sand car was turboed on alky with a Haltec ECU and we elected to go the same way. A simple plenum with a single butterfly and a Haltec ECU.

There was very little room to work with do to the chassis design, this is as tall as it could be and the air inlet was positioned in the only space available. When we finished it and got it on the dyno it made better power then the carbs hands down and we never had another fuel issue on the track. As you can see its got some war wounds and I didn't certainly didn't bother to clean it up..LOL

When we sold the car the carbs went back on and the ECU went on the next buggy I was playing with. This bit has been sitting in a box full of old race bits for the last 15 years.

MC@Performance Fab 4/16/14 7:35 PM

Andrew look here.

MC@Performance Fab 4/22/14 12:01 AM

2014 has started with a bang as cars equipped with Performance Fabrication High Velocity Intakes have dominated the big money races.

Bryan Henry won the Southern Chill race in Texas and took home a cool $1700 driving his Performance Fabrication High Velocity Intakes equipped ZX10 powered Modlite.

And the past 2 weeks Kenny Battarbee has dominated the Texas Series $1000 to win earning him a kool $2000 driving his Performance Fabrication High Velocity Intakes equipped GSXR powered Modlite.

Monte Crawford

Performance Fabrication high Velocity Intakes

montecrawfords@gmail.com

760-317-7680

MC@Performance Fab 6/5/14 5:05 PM

A perfect storm. Thanks to Lynn, Colin, and Ron Ambrose

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eV-1XAokb20

MC@Performance Fab 6/6/14 10:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a quick peak of our new 04-06 R1 High Velocity Intake. Same stacks and performance as our 07-08 model with a new base plate that's 50% lighter then before.

MC@Performance Fab 6/18/14 3:32 PM

I would like to congratulate Collin and Lynn Ambrose on winning 3 of the first 4 MMSA feature races this season. Both drivers are running a Performance Fabrication High Velocity Intake equipped 07R1, Collin was leading the 4th when a water line let go.

Monte Crawford

Performance Fabrication High Velocity Intakes

760-317-7680

montecrawfords@gmail.com

MC@Performance Fab 7/16/14 3:30 PM

Still surprisingly busy for this late in the season, shipped 3 intakes this week and am starting another 2011 ZX10 today. Thanks Everyone!!

MC@Performance Fab 7/28/14 2:06 PM

Well we are well past the half way point in the season and I would like to say thanks to everyone and give a shout out to a couple of guys who have had a standout season.

Dan Keltner has done an awesome job this season winning his 16th and 17th races this past weekend!! Dan runs a Performance Fabrication High Velocity Intake equipped GSXR powered Modlite.

Collin and Lynn Ambsose have combined to win 9 of 11 races in the MMSA Minisprint Series!! They both run a Performance Fabrication High Velocity Intake equipped R1 Minisprint.

Thanks to EVERYONE for the great season were having ! For all the latest info and to see what were up to check out my Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/monte.crawford.12

Monte Crawford

Performance Fabrication

High Velocity Intakes

760-317-7680

montecrawfords@gmail.com

MC@Performance Fab 8/13/14 6:24 PM

Got a great call yesterday from a very proud father whos son Jake Hesson put his R1 powered Performance Fabrication High Velocity Intake equipped Minisprint in the winners circle at Waynesfield Raceway in Ohio for the first time last weekend. Says their blown away by how hard the car runs on corner exit

MC@Performance Fab 8/18/14 4:55 PM

Got a call this morning from someone asking about why the velocity stacks are mounted directly into the billet base plate on the latest R1 pic I put up last week instead of just mounting them on top of the base plate using hose and clamps.

Think about it, I've gone to a hell of a lot of time designing and testing different stacks to come up with a package that does exactly what I'm looking for.
Making a **** load of power in exactly the RPM range that were racing in.
I'm wanting it to pull hard from the initial hit of the throttle, past the starters stand, till the time you roll out and set the car into the corner.

By simply mounting the stacks on top of the billet base plate all the work I've done to come up with a killer set of stacks gets pissed away. Everything has been changed because of adding that extra height of the base plate to the stacks I spent so much time refining.

Look at the height of the stacks alone and then look at adding another 1,250 to 1.5 in length to them, that adds up to a pretty good percentage of the original stack length. NOT GOOD!

Thats why my High Velocity Intakes that use a billet base plate are designed the way they are. It may take a while longer, but the tune doesn't change.
Of course it doesn't hurt that its also the lightest way to do it also.

MC@Performance Fab 9/5/14 5:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Shipping out another 2011 ZX10 High Velocity Intake, billet fuel rail, and a set of alky prepped OEM injectors. This unit is heading down under to do battle in the Australian minisprint series.

Lembeck20 9/5/14 8:36 PM

Why do you continue to inform IOW where you are sending your products? I know I don't really care.

MC@Performance Fab 9/5/14 10:02 PM

Lmao

Lembeck20 9/6/14 4:18 AM

Was there a joke? Can you explain?