IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Eldora & Usac (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=94768)

flagboy55 9/19/16 6:15 PM

Rev, you picked the best event to come to the big E for. I mean it doesn't get any better than the 3 USAC divisions, but I love the wings there too. The sheer speed of the outlaws and all-stars is always amazing, perhaps too fast for some. The winged heats will probably be snoozers, as far as racing goes, but the features will most likely be awesome as everyone is in dirty air in a few laps.
As Charles indicated, track prep would be nice. Over the years I have lowered my expectations for what the track is gonna be. I believe as paying customers we deserve better, but that's not really a complaint because as long as it doesn't take rubber we'll be in for a good show. I know your gonna enjoy it

Charles Nungester 9/19/16 6:26 PM

Re: Eldora & Usac

Another thing, There is ABSOLUTELY NO DOWN TIME other than a RED after the racing starts.. You want food, eat early. You want drinks, bring your own. Main concession lines get fairly long, You'll miss a couple heats minimum. Good thing since Tony though, You can get in and out of the restrooms without a major wait.

BrentTFunk 9/19/16 7:28 PM

I will take wing cars over mods or late models. Have only missed one 4 crown since 1983.

fourteen fan 9/19/16 7:41 PM

A "true 4 crown" would have the USAC stock cars.

Racer12 9/19/16 8:17 PM

No such thing for well over 20 years.

bsmith8 9/19/16 8:48 PM

Since you have been attending for years how did you feel when the true fender cars (late models) was part of the 4 crown ?
Quote:

Originally Posted by John P Huss (Post 458606)
Flag Boy- No disrespect intended.
I have been attending 4 Crown for
years. I'm a non wing fan. To bring
winged sprints to this event is not good.
Again I understand Tony Stewart's position
from a business stand point. I was a business
man for many years. Now retired.

Best Regards,
John

duel 9/19/16 9:07 PM

I worry about the silver crown or usac sprints being on a one grove rubber right rear burner. If they can keep a cushion of sorts I'm for it.

duel 9/19/16 9:50 PM

The early crowns with all usac was really great. The usac stock cars rivaled nascar at one time. 3 day show with all 4 features on Sunday afternoon. I have missed only one. I always get really stoked this time of year at Eldora. Johnny Vance conception and Earl kept it going. Hewitt won all 4 one year and Larson won 3 all usac features recently. I will never forget Steve Kinser winning the sprint and silver crown from the rear of both. That may have been the 1st year.

brsteg 9/19/16 9:53 PM

Delete

brsteg 9/19/16 9:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fourteen fan (Post 458644)
A "true 4 crown" would have the USAC stock cars.

What are those? LOL. Since they no longer exist we got to promote something or else its just a miss named triple crown.