IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Where to move in Indiana/Ohio? (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=82791)

Hustler 1/27/15 10:24 PM

Where to move in Indiana/Ohio?

I took a job and will have to be based in the Midwest area including Illinois Ohio Indiana Kentucky Michigan and Wisconsin. My wife and I have narrowed it down to Indiana due to taxes being the best there but wanted to get some opinions as to where to live. We like to have land and have a 3 month old.

brady 1/27/15 10:29 PM

Can't go wrong with Lizton

koolaid89 1/27/15 10:32 PM

Re: Where to move in Indiana/Ohio?

We were actually considering doing the same not that long ago. We had narrowed our focus on the Carmel / Noblesville, In area... Very nice area, situated nicely amongst race tracks.

treecitytornado 1/27/15 11:09 PM

Greensburg, Indiana is a great place with a ton of friendly people that care, affordable living, plenty of jobs, and much more!

racefan20 1/28/15 12:50 AM

Depends how much $ you have to spend, the north side of Indy(Carmel, Noblesville, Zionsville, Fishers) is a little pricier. I live west, try looking at Avon, Plainfield or Brownsburg. Nice areas but a little more reasonable prices. Greenwood to the south isnt bad either. I am within 1.5 hrs of 5 sprint car tracks and add another hr to that to get to Eldora or Haubstadt. Cant beat it.

PatrickMead#13 1/28/15 1:53 AM

Not knowing your whole situation, but lake St. Mary's is coming back strong and land prices are very good. Besides, you're in Ohio sprint car country in that area and Indy state line is about 20 minutes away. Beautiful area up there.

JstAbvVMC 1/28/15 2:13 AM

I am about a year away from moving to Indiana from CA. I have been looking in the Noblesville, Cicero, Sheridan area's, but I'm looking for 20+ acres to build a home and race shop.

flagboy55 1/28/15 2:40 AM

I would recommend some place with in a 15 or 20 minute ride from kokomo speedway. You got the best weekly show in the country, great national events, and only a couple hours away from so many other outstanding tracks. When life gets in the way of racing, you know you always have the Sunday night sprint car race at kms to enjoy and not take up your whole day or night

nonwing77 1/28/15 6:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JstAbvVMC (Post 404239)
I am about a year away from moving to Indiana from CA. I have been looking in the Noblesville, Cicero, Sheridan area's, but I'm looking for 20+ acres to build a home and race shop.

If you are looking in those areas,I would look a little farther north into the Tipton and kokomo areas. Plenty of rural areas with lower taxes and probably a little cheaper acreage. Just a thought.

reeserx 1/28/15 6:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nonwing77 (Post 404249)
If you are looking in those areas,I would look a little farther north into the Tipton and kokomo areas. Plenty of rural areas with lower taxes and probably a little cheaper acreage. Just a thought.

Yeah I'd agree on that as well, Sheridan may be a little cheaper but Cicero and noblesville are expensive areas. Cicero because of the lake and noblesville because it being close to Indy. Tipton county area has a lot of land