IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Hoosier Sprint Nationals at Haubstadt (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=114458)

jim goerge 8/14/20 5:00 PM

Hoosier Sprint Nationals at Haubstadt

On Aug. 15, this Saturday night, the Tri State Speedway will host the Hoosier sprint car Nationals, a 30 lap race for $5,000 to win. I think a lot of the USAC guys will show for that money, along with the tough MSCS regulars. Its a long 10 minute drive but I think I"ll be there :D. That date sounds familiar, but I don"t know why. ;)

Hubie 8/15/20 4:17 AM

Re: Hoosier Sprint Nationals at Haubstadt

Well, with the Joe James/Pat O'Connor race going on Windom and Grant will be busy chasing Swanson around Salem! Five thousand is a good purse considering how lame the USAC purses are. I can not believe how little money is paid to the racers. It's really sad, as running a top flight car has to be in the 150K neighborhood.

jim goerge 8/15/20 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hubie (Post 531944)
Well, with the Joe James/Pat O'Connor race going on Windom and Grant will be busy chasing Swanson around Salem! Five thousand is a good purse considering how lame the USAC purses are. I can not believe how little money is paid to the racers. It's really sad, as running a top flight car has to be in the 150K neighborhood.

I don"t know if its true or not but I was told neither of them were going to run the pavement today. Yeah I wish teams were paid a lot more, maybe when I hit the lottery lol. ;) :D

Chief Wahoo 8/15/20 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim goerge (Post 531926)
On Aug. 15, this Saturday night, the Tri State Speedway will host the Hoosier sprint car Nationals, a 30 lap race for $5,000 to win. I think a lot of the USAC guys will show for that money, along with the tough MSCS regulars. Its a long 10 minute drive but I think I"ll be there :D. That date sounds familiar, but I don"t know why. ;)

You think 10 minute drive is long, hell it takes us 12 minutes to get there. :D

Jerry Shaw 8/15/20 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim goerge (Post 531953)
I don"t know if its true or not but I was told neither of them were going to run the pavement today. Yeah I wish teams were paid a lot more, maybe when I hit the lottery lol. ;) :D

They're both on USAC's entry list for Salem, today. I have seen that Robert Ballou, Chase Stockon and Kevin Thomas Jr are all headed to TSS tonight. And Kyle Cummins, obviously. And who knows who else? This race never has trouble drawing a strong field. It'd be nice if Jadon Rogers and Garrett Aitken were there, also. With the way they've each wowed the crowd, in earlier races.

Jerry

Chris Nunn 8/15/20 8:40 PM

Well. Heat one was a barnburner

Cummins gets Ballou by .010 at the line on the last lap

Chris Nunn 8/15/20 8:45 PM

KTJ wins heat 2 over Stockon

luckybuc97 8/15/20 9:27 PM

Thanks for the updates Chris.

Chris Nunn 8/16/20 12:17 AM

Sorry for leaving. I was announcing the Racesavers.

Kyle Cummins wins the MSCS
Bradley Sterrett wins the Racesavers

chase1989 8/16/20 12:21 AM

Do you know the whole feature results for mscs?