IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Brownstown Saturday (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=99525)

GYATK94 6/20/17 2:54 PM

Brownstown Saturday

I had a couple questions regarding scheduling this Saturday for Brownstown that weren't answered when I visited their website, probably due to my own ineptitude. So, I thought I'd come here.

I saw they're running the rained out No Way Out 40 feature along with the MSCS show, so I was wondering when that A main will be during the program? I also wanted to know if they are starting a little earlier than normal due to the extended schedule? I don't get off work until around 4 that day, and it's a two hour drive there, so that's why I'm hoping to have these answered.

Thanks in advance.

Nate 6/20/17 3:07 PM

Re: Brownstown Saturday

Sounds like they'll go first if I'm reading this correctly, "The UMRA King of the TQ feature field was set as well and will be ran after the No Way Out 40 make up feature before the remainder of the program continues."

They start hot lapping at 6.

i love dirt track racing 6/20/17 3:13 PM

Could be a great payout for the drivers in the no way out 40. $ $7500 to win that racing events and I think that the mscs show is $ 3000 to win. Hopefully that mother nature will be good to us. Lol.

treecitytornado 6/20/17 5:18 PM

MSCS show​ is their standard payout. $2,000 to Win.

wildman92 6/20/17 6:16 PM

Can't wait!! Looking forward to a good day with friends. 🏁🍹🍻

Charles Nungester 6/20/17 6:53 PM

Still debating on going or not. I got no confidence on them having anything but a huggy pole track for the feature. Think there are five classes.

Should hotlap the sprints from the NWO 40 and run it directly after. Then rip the track and start new show.

It is what it is, THey already got my money for the purse for the NWO.

J.T. You racing any this year?

treecitytornado 6/20/17 6:58 PM

I ran the first ever MSCS show there in 2015 and it was ultra heavy early! Pulled 2 tearoffs a lap in my Heat. It still had a cushion along with moisture on the bottom in the Feature too. Never saw Brownstown that heavy in my life.

GYATK94 6/20/17 10:50 PM

Thanks for everyone's replies. Hopefully I can make it down. Might miss some hot laps, but seeing as I've not been to Brownstown, I'll have to do my best to make it so I can cross another track off the list.

IndianaSprintFan 6/21/17 8:10 PM

Maybe a dumb question but In a race postponed for this long is the car or the driver in the race? Are there any drivers not in the ride they were in back in March?

dshort36 6/21/17 8:37 PM

Should be good night of racing. I believe the car is in and new driver in a car would start at the tail

Charles Nungester 6/21/17 9:06 PM

Not sure, Think it should be Paid out as advertised. If the car's not there then they should still get Start Money, The purse is locked and that crew paid it's pit passes for that race.

Fred Zirzow 6/21/17 9:08 PM

Wonder if it's a complete restart? Or they starting it where they where? I could see double file restart but I hope it's in running order at rain. Hate to see guys get a mulligan because of the rain.

dshort36 6/21/17 9:15 PM

Complete restart is what they announced

Tsquared 6/22/17 5:06 PM

Dshort... Which car will Brady be in??? Also does he have shirts this year? I was at bloomington for midget race wearing an older brady short shirt. Felt good when he won and some guys was tellin him he was #1 lol

dshort36 6/22/17 6:43 PM

He will be in the 11 car and we do have shirts come see us. O and for those #1 fans we'll let's just say we appreciate their enthusiasm.lol

mc/rider 6/23/17 12:43 PM

Hope Ballou shows up for the MSCS show

Dirtfan 6/23/17 1:04 PM

I just hope it happens.

Nate 6/23/17 1:25 PM

Should be alright I think. A lot of rain up there today but it's suppose to be gone by early this evening. Suppose to be warm tomorrow with a nice breeze all day. Sunny in the morning to help dry things up if its still pretty soggy.

Simon_says17 6/23/17 2:42 PM

"Maybe a dumb question but In a race postponed for this long is the car or the driver in the race? Are there any drivers not in the ride they were in back in March?"

Yeah wonder what happens to Bernal's spot? I would assume he'd be at Calistoga Saturday. Don't remember what car he was in for the NWO...

cmiracingvids 6/23/17 3:14 PM

Think Bernal was in the Dutcher 17.

Simon_says17 6/23/17 3:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmiracingvids (Post 476272)
Think Bernal was in the Dutcher 17.

Yeah you're right. Kinda what I was thinking but wasn't sure. So I guess Sussex will be in the show now?

i love dirt track racing 6/23/17 3:52 PM

I think that kyle Cummings was in hanks car.

treecitytornado 6/23/17 6:14 PM

It's Cummins!

Go Fast 6/23/17 8:08 PM

From the March thread of updates. These are the drivers that were in but it never said what cars they were in.

Heat one Bland Courtney goodnight Stanbrough
Heat 2. Short. Robbins Barrow. Kinser.
Heat 3 Grant Leary, Bernal and McGhee
Heat 4. Boespflug. Hopkins. Darland. Cummins
B main. Tyler Thomas. McMillan. Pierce. O'Neal.

erich45 6/23/17 10:56 PM

I believe Sussex will be at Perris in the Reinbold-Underwood #19.

tmac39 6/23/17 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erich45 (Post 476290)
I believe Sussex will be at Perris in the Reinbold-Underwood #19.

cottle in 17gp

treecitytornado 6/24/17 12:01 AM

The car made the show technically, so someone could jump in a qualified car and start from the tail even if they didn't actually make the race. If they allow this to happen!

HoosierMikey 6/24/17 8:35 AM

We are planing on going tonight. Anyone know how soon we can get in to put seats down? I tried calling the track but no answer.

IndianaSprintFan 6/24/17 9:04 AM

The gates are usually open and you should be able to mark seats at any time. At least that's how it's been in the past

SPRINTCAR 6/24/17 9:49 AM

Lineup for Brownstown Saturday

This Saturday, June 24, 2017, the day we have all been waiting for since March, the make up feature for the "NO WAY OUT 40" paying $7,500 to win for 410 non-wing Sprints!

Back on March 25, the No Way Out 40 was just 8 laps in, when Mother Nature cut loose and decided to put a damper on the remainder of the racing action for the night. After discussions between track promoter Jim Price and co-race promoter Mason Fleetwood, it was decided that due to the track conditions for the first 8 laps, the right thing to do would be to start the feature completely over. The UMRA King of the TQ feature field was set as well and will be run after the No Way Out 40 make up feature.

No Way Out 40 Feature Line Up: Row 1; Jeff Bland Jr., Brady Short, Row 2; Justin Grant, Chad Boespflug, Row 3; Tyler Courtney, Kyle Robbins, Row 4; CJ Leary, AJ Hopkins, Row 5; Matt Goodnight, Ethan Barrow, Row 6; Ryan Bernal, Dave Darland, Row 7; Jon Stanbrough, Jordan Kinser, Row 8; Max McGee, Kyle Cummins, Row 9; Tyler Thomas, Nate McMillan, Row 10; Aaron Pierce, Hunter O'Neal

Some driver changes, plus will start from the tail.

Jerry Shaw 6/24/17 10:59 AM

From the tracks website:

Times:
Gates Open - 3pm
Driver Registration - 3pm-5:15pm
Driver's Meeting - 5:30pm
Hot Laps - 6pm
**Brownstown Speedway is on Eastern Daylight Savings Time**

Charles Nungester 6/24/17 11:00 AM

Keep a eye on Jordan Kinser, He's been very good there and and in the last year has improved a ton elsewhere.

Im gonna go. See ya there.

wildman92 6/24/17 12:54 PM

It's an absolutely beautiful day. Get out to your favorite race track and have a great night!

i love dirt track racing 6/24/17 1:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildman92 (Post 476313)
It's an absolutely beautiful day. Get out to your favorite race track and have a great night!

Our racing families will be heading your way. Looking forward to seeing you guys and gals and having another great racing events. Thanks.

wildman92 6/24/17 1:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i love dirt track racing (Post 476316)
Our racing families will be heading your way. Looking forward to seeing you guys and gals and having another great racing events. Thanks.

Sweet!! See ya soon. You know how to find us. 🏁😊

BrandX 6/24/17 2:04 PM

Son and I are making our first trip from central IL.
How are the concessions and such? Can't decide whether to eat first or give him the full track experience with track food lol
I loved it when I was a kid!!!!!!

cmiracingvids 6/24/17 2:07 PM

If you're into hot dogs, they have a decent hot dog.

Bill May 6/24/17 2:10 PM

I always stopped at the DQ for a burger & shake on the way in.

Jerry Shaw 6/24/17 2:59 PM

I think that's the place that makes a Sloppy Joe sandwich that's half way decent, too.

1021gpa 6/24/17 3:06 PM

There is a McDonald's and a snappy tomato pizza that has a Buffett that pretty good