Indiana Open Wheel
Page 1 of 8 Last

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Illinois Sprint Week (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=10955)

live4racing 11/6/08 5:37 PM

Illinois Sprint Week

I'm trying to figure out the best time of the year to put on a Illinois Monster Midwest Sprint Week!! Any idea on your favorite tracks you want to see it at??

illiNOISE 11/6/08 6:18 PM

Re: Illinois Sprint Week

Originally Posted by live4racing:
I'm trying to figure out the best time of the year to put on a Illinois Monster Midwest Sprint Week!! Any idea on your favorite tracks you want to see it at??

After the Gold Crown Midget Nationals, is there any question that Tri City would have to be on the schedule?

richie 11/6/08 6:30 PM

Farmer City on a Friday night

winged and non-winged 11/6/08 7:47 PM

Will it be winged or non-winged? Each of the cars are better at different tracks.....

Sprint63122 11/6/08 8:11 PM

Non winged sprint week is the only way to go use the mscs series if you can work something out there.The tracks to think about scheduling is granite city,canton, danville,farmer city,lincoln,jacksonville,flora,and kankakee plus maybe some how there might be a possibility of using red hill speedway.Now the only thing I will comment on this for these tracks to have a good show they need to water the tracks a lot which means no black slick all night long will appear and only run one support class.Has for the time of the year do it before the summer nationals series starts or you are going to have to wait until late august.

shocksurgeon14 11/6/08 8:36 PM

dont forget belleville

arctic monkey21 11/6/08 8:52 PM

Farmer City and Tri-City are best that I've been to in IL. I like Highland, but haven't been there in many years. Having lived between Flora and Red Hill for many years I've seen both several times and don't care very much for either, but heard that Flora was good the second sprint show last year. If Levi can be there many people from Olney would show at either of those tracks. Never been to Fairbury but have heard a lot of good things about that track lately too.

live4racing 11/6/08 9:36 PM

$2000 to win 5 or 6 nights in a row. How many cars? Non Winged? Winged?

mlw23 11/6/08 9:58 PM

I would say 30-40 cars if scheduled right and non-wing all the way

Sprint63122 11/6/08 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by arctic monkey21:
Farmer City and Tri-City are best that I've been to in IL. I like Highland, but haven't been there in many years. Having lived between Flora and Red Hill for many years I've seen both several times and don't care very much for either, but heard that Flora was good the second sprint show last year. If Levi can be there many people from Olney would show at either of those tracks. Never been to Fairbury but have heard a lot of good things about that track lately too.

You heard correct the second Flora show was the way they all should be there, I went back because mother nature put so much water on the track the day before the track would be a lot better, now just hoping the promoter took great notes on how to prep the place for the sprints.Highland is a good place to went to watch the scra when they ran there it was a great race along with godfrey the next night both tracks were heavily watered and the west coast boys did the track packing and put on a hell of a show.Watching the gas man run the b-main at godfrey was one of the few times I have seen a non-winger run wfo the whole race throwing her sideways and never lifting he made a lot of new fans with that race.