IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Putnamville and Danville (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=20685)

miledirt 7/26/09 8:30 AM

Putnamville and Danville

So what was decided? Both tracks running Saturdays next year?

Sorry, I was out a few days ago and I never heard

GOFOBROKE 7/26/09 11:02 AM

For the rest of 2009 they will both be Saturday Nights according to the websites.
Quote:

Originally Posted by miledirt (Post 121938)
So what was decided? Both tracks running Saturdays next year?

Sorry, I was out a few days ago and I never heard

Posted via Mobile Device

racer77m 7/27/09 12:07 AM

Re: Putnamville and Danville

i heard danvilles goin to start running on fridays

john3g 7/27/09 1:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racer77m (Post 122156)
i heard danvilles goin to start running on fridays

Doesn't look like Sunday's are the answere for the mods and the latemods with what the car count numbers where this Sunday..I dunno if Friday will be any better.I wonder whats happened with these classes?? Maybe the sprints would be better as far as car counts go..I can tell you that (In my opinion)running Saturday nights against each other is a huge gamble and one that could blow up big time.. :11:

COTTLE FAN 7/27/09 2:03 PM

i dont think running on fridays against bloomington and gascity would be smart since those are both good tracks.

john3g 7/27/09 3:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COTTLE FAN (Post 122244)
i dont think running on fridays against bloomington and gascity would be smart since those are both good tracks.

Yeah your right I spoke before I thought about it..Boy he (Spiker) is in a tough spot..I dont know what I would do..

miledirt 7/27/09 3:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john3g (Post 122259)
Yeah your right I spoke before I thought about it..Boy he (Spiker) is in a tough spot..I dont know what I would do..

car counts have been great on Sat @ Danville - why fix it if its not broken

john3g 7/27/09 7:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miledirt (Post 122261)
car counts have been great on Sat @ Danville - why fix it if its not broken

I just found out that the purse was cut big time in the mods so that answeres that question about the loss of car count in that class but I hope he doesn't do that with the sprint cars...

grumpy racer 7/27/09 7:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john3g (Post 122290)
I just found out that the purse was cut big time in the mods so that answeres that question about the loss of car count in that class but I hope he doesn't do that with the sprint cars...

John I was wondering what he is going to do with the sprint purse at LPS since VCS pays a lot more than Putnam.

john3g 7/27/09 8:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grumpy racer (Post 122294)
John I was wondering what he is going to do with the sprint purse at LPS since VCS pays a lot more than Putnam.

Thats the $1400 dollar question...The high purses were intended from the get-go to buy the cars from P'ville but now that it isn't nesessary or needed I'm not sure what will happen. Whoever his advisors are I hope they realize that cutting the purse in the modifieds turned into a financial blood bath and that doing so to the Sprints would be worse. From what I have read and have been told there have been more sprints than modifieds at D'ville and believe me, that is a rarity at any track that runs both. Now the one group that should be paying attention is the Kamp operation.Like everyone else I have my own thoughts on the whole saturday or Sunday thing. If it was up to me I would run Saturday at P'ville and Sunday at D'ville with the same purse at both tracks (D'ville's current Purse) and have a combined points fund of some sort for ALL classes. To do anything else would make it almost impossible to run at the full potential of either tracks capabilities in my book. But hey I want both places to succeed and turn a buck but I hope he listens to all involved and makes the best calls based on all the information that is laid in front of him..Best of luck Joe and his entire staff..:6: