IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Dave Argabright (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=36522)

BrentTFunk 8/31/10 8:08 PM

Dave Argabright

Dave's colum in the new SprintCar and Midget Magazine is a must read if you care anything about the sport. I am sure there are people who will question it, and many for pure selfish reasons, but I felt like it was spot on. Thank you Dave.:9:

Coach 8/31/10 8:48 PM

Re: Dave Argabright

Anybody know if the MSCS show at Haubstadt sunday will be streamed live for us out of staters?

Jerry Shaw 8/31/10 9:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 192455)
Anybody know if the MSCS show at Haubstadt sunday will be streamed live for us out of staters?

No way, Coach. I've never seen an MSCS race webcast.

Jerry

DICNJAN 8/31/10 9:13 PM

:22:im hooked on the jimmy wilson story

Mud Packer 8/31/10 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrentTFunk (Post 192447)
Dave's colum in the new SprintCar and Midget Magazine is a must read if you care anything about the sport. I am sure there are people who will question it, and many for pure selfish reasons, but I felt like it was spot on. Thank you Dave.:9:

Brent,

I have known Dave since he started writing for the Anderson Herald many years ago. Sorry Dave, I had to say it.:3: In my opinion he is the best racing writer out there. A close second is the mailman from Columbus.;)

I enjoy reading anything that he writes. His stories project the lives and hardships as well as the victories and defeats of the people and events that he covers. His story lines take you behind the scenes and bring out the true characters that we many times don't see. His articles are always timely and he has a way of making you want to read everything he writes. A great talent for sure.:6:

mortboyz 8/31/10 10:21 PM

I agree 100% Brent :6:

duel 8/31/10 10:48 PM

the live streaming is great but Dave is spot on. last friday we had just made it home from vacation. it would have been easy to stay home watch the IRL race on tv. we almost didn't go but then we decided it would be better live. wow, great show and venue. one good thing that could come out of the live streaming is that if someone has not seen a live race they may want to experience one. nothing compares to being there live. that is what needs to be driven home.

ThePurple73 9/1/10 9:07 AM

I have really enjoyed the books and articles Dave has been involved in. He writes realistically. The biography books I have read are spot on and I chuckle as I can really see in my mind the situations he describes.
He is the tops in open wheel writing.

Prior to Dave many like sprint car books were almost to mostly fiction.

I don't know him personally but I feel like I have sat by him at the races many times through his writings.

racegal 9/1/10 10:36 AM

I love Dave and his writing!!:8:

stephen 9/1/10 11:11 AM

Dave's column was spot on. I would rather make the effort to go to a race and see it in person, rather than sit at home and watch it on the computer, especially if it's a reasonable driving distance.