IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Gas prices (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=61686)

SHORTBUS 8/2/12 3:27 PM

Gas prices

Gas in terre haute just took another jump today 3.95 ( .75 ) in the last week.why ?? ( just because they can ) guess i will stay home more often now ____ bull sh-t _____ :7:

Dave Rudisell 8/2/12 3:29 PM

Re: Gas prices

Quote:

Originally Posted by SHORTBUS (Post 294948)
Gas in terre haute just took another jump today ( .75 ) in the last week.why ?? ( just because they can ) guess i will stay home more often now ____ bull sh-t _____ :7:

Gas is FREE in Lawrenceburg...all you need is this plactic card thingy put it in the pump thingy and it gives you all you want!!

ChadSmith 8/2/12 3:32 PM

Need to figure out how to run the truck on methanol!

Posted via Mobile Device

Dave Rudisell 8/2/12 3:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChadSmith (Post 294950)
Need to figure out how to run the truck on methanol!

Posted via Mobile Device

My truck is equipped for E85 and last year i found a place that sold it. I got it for 2.75 a gallon with my Kroger plus card...thought i got a great deal, until the next day it was all gone. I think i got like 4 mpg, and it had no power also. Never again!!

TQ29m 8/2/12 3:51 PM

Dave, ain't that E85 wonderful, you might as well put the pure stuff in, methenol, it wouldn't foul your system much worse, I just ck'd Gas Buddy, and it's at $3.95 already today, just a few days ago, they were telling us, it'd be back to just over $3.00, in a week or so, so much for that BS! Bob!:7:

SHORTBUS 8/2/12 4:05 PM

Dave,
you are full of gas as always

Shawn Harper 8/2/12 4:07 PM

I heard a refinery was having some issues and once these were resolved the gas prices would drop down again.:10:

SDHill89 8/2/12 4:11 PM

I've never understood how a refinery problem or the price of oil changing can effect the price of gas that the stations already have.

Diggsy 8/2/12 4:26 PM

Charge more for what they have now since it could take longer to get more? No idea.

The refinery in Tulsa had some kind of explosion overnight and crews battled a fire for a few hours that took the refinery offline. Says it handles over 125k barrels of crude/day. Not sure whey go from there, but...

midget96 8/2/12 4:27 PM

Well, I can tell you that most stations get fuel and or gas deliveries multiple times in a week. Thus if the price changes daily we change ours. IT IS NOT the stations that are making money. Gas, lottery and tobacco aren't called lost leaders for nothing. These 3 things are federally regulated (go figure the no profit). I did not stay at a Holiday Inn last night, I just own a station. And if anyone would like to run just the gas come on down.