IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   BBM in the Midwest???? (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=123814)

NoDramazone2020 7/27/23 9:05 AM

BBM in the Midwest????

Have watched a few Dirt BBM shows in the past, but the last few nights I watched the STSS Mods from Canada. Wow, the Canadiens showed out the past few nights. First night was a big half mile and last night was a smaller bullring. Got me thinking, would Indiana race fans support something like this series at Terre Haute??? I think they would put on a fantastic show, but I have always heard Midwest or Indiana fan base would not support this???.....Thoughts???

Moreland76 7/27/23 1:11 PM

I would like to see them live, TerreHaute would be fine or Eldora

dsc1600 7/27/23 1:15 PM

They’ve been to Eldora in the past and it just hasn’t worked. Virtually every time NY style big block mods try to venture outside NY/NJ/PA/DE it’s been a flop. Which is sad because I love those cars and think they put on great racing.

nathans1012 7/27/23 1:20 PM

Re: BBM in the Midwest????

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoDramazone2020 (Post 567141)
Have watched a few Dirt BBM shows in the past, but the last few nights I watched the STSS Mods from Canada. Wow, the Canadiens showed out the past few nights. First night was a big half mile and last night was a smaller bullring. Got me thinking, would Indiana race fans support something like this series at Terre Haute??? I think they would put on a fantastic show, but I have always heard Midwest or Indiana fan base would not support this???.....Thoughts???

Seen the Big Blocks at Volusia Speedway Park years back. If you give them the right track conditions they put on a good show. Terre Haute would be a good track and I think for being a wider 1/4 mile they might run good at Kokomo.

When Hartford Speedway in Michigan was a 1/2 - 5/8’s mile I would have loved to see them on that monster track. Even with the 3/8’s mile now I still think it would be a good show.

The other two tracks in the region I think they could put in a good show at would be the Florence Speedway in Kentucky and the Dirt Oval at Route 66 Raceway in Joliet, Illiniois.

The Short Track Super Series (SSTS) has a tour in the Mid- South Cajun region under the name Short Track Super Series Cajun Region. Look them up on Facebook. They race around Louisiana, Arkansas, western Mississippi, & Eastern Texas with about 20 races or so. This tour started a few years ago.

JakeCroxton 7/27/23 2:36 PM

If you can go see them on their home turf, it's worth it.

Grandview comes to mind during Eastern Storm but even a weekly show at one of their home tracks is worth it...

hoosier race fan 7/27/23 4:56 PM

A four race series in the Midwest would be cool. Knoxville, DuQuoin, Terre Haute, and maybe Eldora. They lost the Syracuse Mile so a race at DuQuoin would be a throwback. Pair it with a Silver Crown race and make it a true event. Add it to the list of things that will never happen.

badcoupe 7/27/23 5:45 PM

I finally got to see one in person at PRI show last year, they’re really interesting to me, but I imagine it would be hard to get people to adopt them in the area.

yeleyfan76 7/27/23 9:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoDramazone2020 (Post 567141)

I wish you well in this pursuit dramazone. It’s never gonna happen tho. Come out east and we can go to a few places. NY,Pa,Nj, even Delaware. As much as I can’t stand Lawrenceburg for sprint cars, they would be good there as well. Fri THAT, Sat Kokomo, Sun Lawrenceburg. That would be an honest trifecta for them. Going to a mile in Illinois would never work. There was only one mile track for them and Cuomo shut it down.
A previous poster stated that the shows at Eldora didn’t work out. It’s either sprint cars or late models out there. East coast mods are a niche class in the northeast and the group who race in Tx,La area. Just the way it is.

hoosier race fan 7/27/23 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yeleyfan76 (Post 567185)
I wish you well in this pursuit dramazone. It’s never gonna happen tho. Come out east and we can go to a few places. NY,Pa,Nj, even Delaware. As much as I can’t stand Lawrenceburg for sprint cars, they would be good there as well. Fri THAT, Sat Kokomo, Sun Lawrenceburg. That would be an honest trifecta for them. Going to a mile in Illinois would never work. There was only one mile track for them and Cuomo shut it down.
A previous poster stated that the shows at Eldora didn’t work out. It’s either sprint cars or late models out there. East coast mods are a niche class in the northeast and the group who race in Tx,La area. Just the way it is.

Thanks for your input, Debbie.

https://nypost.com/wp-content/upload...y=75&strip=all

yeleyfan76 7/28/23 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoosier race fan (Post 567186)

Not a problem. I wouldn’t expect you to understand what you don’t know. Have a great day!