IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Central region Lightning / Mini sprint meeting (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=72920)

Bradleyracing86 11/5/13 2:32 PM

Sp2 are easy to find and I get most of mine used. Usually make 2-3 trips a year to Indy buy 20 at a time, take 3 for my self and sell the rest to racers to offset the cost. I bought 3 new tires this year and couldn't tell a difference.... :)

Wayne Davis 11/5/13 5:51 PM

Re: Central region Lightning / Mini sprint meeting

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bradleyracing86 (Post 356755)
Sp2 are easy to find and I get most of mine used. Usually make 2-3 trips a year to Indy buy 20 at a time, take 3 for my self and sell the rest to racers to offset the cost. I bought 3 new tires this year and couldn't tell a difference.... :)

Here in Florida I buy 2 RR in Feb and that will last me 20 races...still have 1/2 thread on them (SP2)

openwheel44 11/5/13 6:36 PM

My American Racers last around 12-15 races. I run a 33 compound. Usually has quite a bit of tread left but the durometer will climb to high from heat cycles to justify keeping them on there. I like the American Racer prices is the main deal.

Bradleyracing86 11/5/13 7:07 PM

Plus customer service from American is 2nd to none. Tony Rose even cut ours for us..

Wayne Davis 11/5/13 7:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by openwheel44 (Post 356771)
My American Racers last around 12-15 races. I run a 33 compound. Usually has quite a bit of tread left but the durometer will climb to high from heat cycles to justify keeping them on there. I like the American Racer prices is the main deal.

Even through heat cycles they (Hoosiers) stay the same....40-41...after 10 races

Bradleyracing86 11/6/13 12:41 PM

Guys want room to "tinker" in racing, do things they think will give them an advantage. I think a predominately stock engine package, with room on injection, oil pan and system would do that. If they want a quick change let them have it...

DAD 11/6/13 1:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bradleyracing86 (Post 356854)
Guys want room to "tinker" in racing, do things they think will give them an advantage. I think a predominately stock engine package, with room on injection, oil pan and system would do that. If they want a quick change let them have it...

Can I have my Echo tec?

Right now I am thinking that I might start working on an Esslinger.

Honest Dad himself:6::6:

Bradleyracing86 11/6/13 3:35 PM

I think a Eslinger is just what ya need!
;)
They are running a special this month.

El1teBr33ze 11/6/13 6:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bradleyracing86 (Post 356869)
I think a Eslinger is just what ya need!
;)
They are running a special this month.

The $25,000 special? lol

Bradleyracing86 11/6/13 10:22 PM

Yup. Lol

25k engines, further solidifies the need for a economy open wheel class.