IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Tonights midget show (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=89147)

treecitytornado 12/13/15 12:45 AM

Many asked me if I was going and I said, I'm sorry, but I don't believe it will be a good show. Not enough time to prepare the track and will be too small. Still considered buying $55 tickets at the show today, but thankfully decided not to. Looks like a one and done. Coke syrup would've been better for Banker's Life, but still too small really.

rockstar5 12/13/15 12:48 AM

6 laps 7 cautious???? Nice!!!!

Tim Bookmiller 12/13/15 12:51 AM

Re: Tonights midget show

sad sad night of what was supposed to be racing

rockstar5 12/13/15 12:52 AM

9 laps 9 cautions 15 mins

Stagger 12/13/15 12:54 AM

It's a NEW TRACK RECORD. :41:: :41:: :41:: :41::

Points 12/13/15 1:36 AM

Got text from a friend there sounds like they are close to pushing off the midget A.

nathans1012 12/13/15 1:39 AM

MIDGETS - 1ST 3 LAPS caution FREE.

Nate 12/13/15 1:43 AM

I feel bad for bad mouthing any driver, venue (except for one), or promoter but that was seriously one of the most disappointing racing experiences of my life, never have I left an event prior to a B-Main but the lady friend and I decided to cut our losses and get home sometime before 2-3am

It was the right idea and I'm not gonna fault anyone for putting forth the effort to bring us racing in December so thank you for that but it was obviously very poorly planned out. The track...we won't even go there, I think everyone gets it by now. The officials, I'm just thankful nobody was killed. I'm pretty sure one of the push truck drivers had never done it before between him driving in front of cars on track or running cars into the wall. The air, how did someone not think of ventilation?

The drivers also didn't help their own cause. We had guys so far inside they were catching tarps and dragging cones around the track and that's only when they werent running over each other. Props to the drivers who tried to go up top but you just weren't gonna make any headway doing it so it didn't last. You can't blame it all on the track when you have more cautions than laps.

Pros - the beer was cold

I'm going to guess the inaugural event will be the final event judging by what I've heard and read tonight.

WardRacing33 12/13/15 2:09 AM

My father and I attended the race... Spent $120 and left after Larson's heat race... Mother nature is the only force that has ever, before tonight, made me leave a miget race before the A main was decided... They had no seating for people in the pit, so you were pushed around the joint by "ticket holders" that had your seat. Or forced to stand on your feet. I really wanted to stick it out, but I weighed the options of being at home or watching 40 or 50 lap heat races at caution flag speeds... when not stopped all together. The real miracle is that none of the track officials feel over with a stroke or were run over by a car or a push truck. Hats off to those guys, because they worked their asses off.

Points 12/13/15 2:14 AM

well the 30 minutes should be up by now figuring they didn't make 30 laps. The Winner of 10K is???? Wait just got a text Smog delay