IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bloomington Seat Reserving (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=108735)

brsteg 4/12/19 12:44 PM

Bloomington Seat Reserving

So who took the can of spray paint & stencil with them and permanently reserved the top row of the grandstands?

Charles Nungester 4/12/19 1:08 PM

Re: Bloomington Seat Reserving

Probably the promoter so they can still sell the edge of the walk

brsteg 4/12/19 1:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Nungester (Post 511568)
Probably the promoter so they can still sell the edge of the walk

They have a safety fence behind the top row; if they are selling the edge of the walkway they'll be looking thru pipes.

wildman92 4/12/19 1:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brsteg (Post 511567)
So who took the can of spray paint & stencil with them and permanently reserved the top row of the grandstands?

The promoter did for those who previously had reserved seating on the blacktop. A very thoughtful move on their part IMO.

ronmil 4/12/19 1:53 PM

Is there any decent lawn chair seating space left?

Dirtfan 4/12/19 2:40 PM

I personally am just happy to see that the gates are once again opening to Bloomington Speedway.Everyone needs to show their support,alot of work has been done and there is more to be accomplished.

brsteg 4/12/19 3:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildman92 (Post 511572)
The promoter did for those who previously had reserved seating on the blacktop. A very thoughtful move on their part IMO.

If that had been conveyed, then I'd have no problem with it... well that and everyone gets a chance to reserve what they want to.

I don't like surprises. They've done a lot of work, and kept it alive. But still don't like no surprises. If they are going to reserve off part of the stands, that should be stated.

I do have a personal negative experience with a similar situation; so random unannounced reserved seating (not show up early and mark, which was announced) gets under my skin.

7horse 4/12/19 4:26 PM

Reserving spots anywhere shouldn't be allowed, it's ridiculous at Lawrenceburg when all the buckeyes mark off 10 spots with canopies and caution tape and then show up right when the races start, it should be first come first serve!

Chief Wahoo 4/12/19 4:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7horse (Post 511584)
Reserving spots anywhere shouldn't be allowed, it's ridiculous at Lawrenceburg when all the buckeyes mark off 10 spots with canopies and caution tape and then show up right when the races start, it should be first come first serve!

Well technically it is first come first serve. If they marked off seats then they were there before you. Hoosiers are just as guilty, it’s not a Buckeye thing.

7horse 4/12/19 4:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo (Post 511585)
Well technically it is first come first serve. If they marked off seats then they were there before you. Hoosiers are just as guilty, it’s not a Buckeye thing.

You know it's not right, just stop