IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Amsa and mmsa (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=52109)

minispeed 8/22/11 2:35 PM

Amsa and mmsa

How nice would that be.....40 plus cars at every track. Means bigger purse, more tracks. We would have the upper hand. I am asking bill and jerry to think about it....please for the drivers and the sport.:6:

Midget18 8/22/11 2:40 PM

Re: Amsa and mmsa merging to form the america

I would love to see this happen also, but I really dont think it ever will.

What I would like to see is some joint races, once a month or something like that. This way you could still have the 2 seperate organizations but still be there separate orgainzations.

Nice thing about the 2 organizations is MMSA takes care of Southern Indiana while AMSA takes care of the Ohio guys.

TQ29m 8/22/11 3:20 PM

Sounds good, probably looks good on paper, but I'm not going to hold my breath, with this economy being what it is/isn't, promoters probably couldn't stand it, and with that many cars, and only running half of them, that's too much in the shorts, for the guys that don't make the show, seems like right now, your lucky to get 5 butts in the seats, for each car on the track, and that sure don't pay the bills. JMHO, but I'm thinkin it is as good as it's gonna be, at least till 2013. Bob!:)

somebodysmam 8/22/11 3:38 PM

Where would the money come from to pay the bigger purses.You have to beg now to get what little purse there is.

WBR 3E 8/22/11 3:40 PM

40 cars mean 20 go home without running an A, before long you're back down to 20 - 25 cars but with fewer choices of tracks. We have ran at Waynesfield, with MMSA (primarily for the opportunity to run non-wing), and AMSA, and like the wide variety of options. I'd love to see some joint-sanctioned shows, maybe a even a 'mini-sprint nationals' type event at a track that has historically been a good supporter of the class. At a minimum, it would be good to match up the rulebooks to make it easier to jump back and forth.

Greg

bowbuild 8/22/11 6:11 PM

Same rules two divisions then chapinship at end of year.

Wayne Davis 8/22/11 6:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WBR 3E (Post 249326)
I'd love to see some joint-sanctioned shows, maybe a even a 'mini-sprint nationals' type event at a track that has historically been a good supporter of the class. At a minimum, it would be good to match up the rulebooks to make it easier to jump back and forth.

Greg

Greg I did that back in Feb. here in Florida an am doing it again...the winternational tee shirts had AMSA/MMSA/WIMS/SSLS..all way included ...going to be bigger and better next year

harry jones 8/22/11 9:08 PM

who ever posted this had better have their head checked, do you think Bill May will give up mmsa. not on your life. to bad he won't go over and work with the amsa. think of the great car count 1 association would have, but, what association would it be? the amsa has been around for years. and everyone and the promoters all know that name. mmsa has been around just a few years. and beginning to make a name for itself. wonder why none of the mmsa guys don't race with the amsa when they don't have a race. Mr Tague don't mind his members racing with mmsa when he don't have a race. but there has to be a reason for that. (maybe they was told not to run with amsa) just my say so, will get alot of flunk about that statement

DAD 8/22/11 9:24 PM

They seem to have two different outlook,s on racing that makes in nice for those of us that don't agree with one or the other. If I did not have a choice a few years ago I would probably be sitting at home on the week-ends and saving lots of money.
How about changing the rules to make drive shafts optional and getting some of the older mini-sprints to run with us?

DAD

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

Hell Harry we don't have the horsepower to run with those guy's, we run stock 1000cc motors. They (JT)didn't make me feel too welcome at the Tulsa race. Spent the whole week and not even a Hi pitted right next to him. Still got that old nerf bar too.

slide22 8/22/11 9:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry jones (Post 249353)
who ever posted this had better have their head checked, do you think Bill May will give up mmsa. not on your life. to bad he won't go over and work with the amsa. think of the great car count 1 association would have, but, what association would it be? the amsa has been around for years. and everyone and the promoters all know that name. mmsa has been around just a few years. and beginning to make a name for itself. wonder why none of the mmsa guys don't race with the amsa when they don't have a race. Mr Tague don't mind his members racing with mmsa when he don't have a race. but there has to be a reason for that. (maybe they was told not to run with amsa) just my say so, will get alot of flunk about that statement

You really need to just go away. From the looks of things Bill May is doing just fine, would like to run with him more. Hopefully he can have the races at KC and Moler next year. :8: