IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Important Information TWIN CITIES May 8th (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=31526)

twincitiespr 5/5/10 5:50 PM

Important Information TWIN CITIES May 8th

We've been away for a few days and away from computer contact and have just caught up on all the different threads posted in regards to the upcoming event at Twin Cities Raceway Park this Saturday night May 8th. Below you will find accurate information regarding all events taking place at Twin Cities this Saturday Night for the ASCT event and other classes that are competing. Mason and I are looking forward to this event. Sprints always put on a very thrilling and entertaining show at TCRP and we have always received so much positive feedback from racers as well as Sprint Fans! So please come on out this Saturday Night and bring the Family, Neighbors and Friends for a funfilled night of racing, food, and beautiful weather:)

Best Regards,
Mason and Tawnya Fleetwood

:22:

May 8th info for Twin Cities

Gates open @ 2:00 pm
Grandstands open @ 4:00 pm

Grandstand Admission $15.00
Pit Pass $35.00

Racing Agenda:
American Sprint Car Tour
American Midget Car Tour
UMP Super Stocks
UMP Mini Stocks
UMP Hornets
MMSA

Please go to our website for complete and accurate race information www.twincitiesracing.net

ATTN: MMSA drivers
Our track rule ( as it has always been) is that 1 car cannot run mutiple classes. ie a MMSA 1000 sprint will not be allowed to run in the ASCT class. A driver is allowed to race in more than one class however, if any driver runs more than 1 class, a pit band must be purchased for each class a driver participates in. ( ie if a driver runs a hornet and a sprint, he/she must purchase a 2 bands. )

racerdog45 5/5/10 9:16 PM

Re: Important Information TWIN CITIES May 8th

$35 seems kind of high for a pit pass, not allowing a team to use the same car in 2 events that it's legal for is cheating the teams, drivers and series not to mention the fans out of extra racing/racers and charging for multiple passes per event entered is just plain WRONG.....

Russ 5/5/10 9:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racerdog45 (Post 168187)
$35 seems kind of high for a pit pass, not allowing a team to use the same car in 2 events that it's legal for is cheating the teams, drivers and series not to mention the fans out of extra racing/racers and charging for multiple passes per event entered is just plain WRONG.....

For someone who claims he is going to the WoO race at Eldora Saturday, you sure have spent alot of time ******** about a race you are not even attending.

racerdog45 5/5/10 9:42 PM

not ********, just making a comment, I thought we were still in the USA where I was allowed to do so. I have used no foul language, told no lies and have made no insults, just stated my thoughts AND I was planning on a couple of races at Twin Cities this year but this might very well change my mind. Sorry for stating a thought on a message board, guess I was wrong in thinking that you could... now to ask, do YOU think that $35 is fair? think it's fair you can't run a car in 2 classes? think you should have to pay multiple it passes?

Midget18 5/5/10 9:48 PM

Is this just for drivers doing mini/sprints or midget/sprints also.... Never heard of this before

Clydesdale 5/5/10 10:15 PM

$35 for a pit pass is pretty unreasonable. So if a driver wants to race a sprint and a midget, they'd have to buy 2 pit passes, $70 all together. This just sounds pretty crazy. Some of USAC's biggest races only charge $30 per pit pass, and you are getting a larger purse.

DonMoore10 5/5/10 10:23 PM

How about not charging the owners and drivers, like "0", since we are entertaining your fans. I worked as an entertainer for many, many years and still do part time and I've never paid a fee to get into any establishment/entertainment venue to entertain the crowd. N-E-V-E-R.

I've never, ever heard of charging double if an owner/driver is doing double duty. I don't get it and I sure don't get charging the entertainers to get into the venue, especially $35.

The obscene practice of charging drivers/owners has got to stop. The problem is that it has been going on for so long in the racing business that most everyone can't get it out of their thick skull that it is wrong, wrong, wrong and makes no sense whatsoever.

JasonWatt 5/5/10 10:32 PM

Ridiculous to say the least. Pay 1 Pit Pass per person and let them run as many classes as they want......

Not a good start for the ASCT and the supporters??

Finish-LineMM 5/5/10 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midget18 (Post 168196)
Is this just for drivers doing mini/sprints or midget/sprints also.... Never heard of this before

Mini sprints and midget classes is what is discussed. Drivers car still run a midget and a sprint in their classes. This can be done with just one pitpass..

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clydesdale (Post 168204)
$35 for a pit pass is pretty unreasonable. So if a driver wants to race a sprint and a midget, they'd have to buy 2 pit passes, $70 all together. This just sounds pretty crazy. Some of USAC's biggest races only charge $30 per pit pass, and you are getting a larger purse.

You can run the Midget class and the sprint class both for the price of 1 pitpass. This is an ASCT rule, and will not change. We have several teams scheduled to do so.
Thanks,
BIG JIM

Phylo82 5/5/10 10:39 PM

A $35 pit pass is excessive in my opinion, especially in this economic environment when guys are scraping together $$$$ just to be able to race. Between entry fees/gas/etc we'll be spending near $200 before we ever get the trailer out of the driveway.

I have considered skipping USAC events because of the $30 entry fee......I will have to reconsider showing up at TC on Saturday. As long as we keep paying these unreasonable entry fees nothing will change.

We may have to sit this one out.