Indiana Open Wheel
Page 1 of 6 Last

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Indiana Midget Week Schedule Changes (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=2956)

Clod Dodger 1/31/08 3:35 PM

Indiana Midget Week Schedule Changes

I just recieved a email from Gayle Kamp and the Midget week date at Kamp motor speedway on Aug 5th has been removed and will not be rescheduled due to the Ultimate Challange. USAC told them they could have the Finale on Moday night but it wouldn't count for IMW points. You would think with USAC tring to expand their fan base and grow their number of tracks a better resolution could have been fund.

The more things change the more they remain the same.

Clod Dodger

Pat O'Connor Fan 1/31/08 4:12 PM

Re: Indiana Midget Week Schedule Changes

Drive near the corner of Georgetown and 16th in Speedway, Indiana.
Take a big sniff. Smell that gunsmoke? USAC just shot themselves in the foot again, IMO.
I think Kamp should forget USAC.:moon:
To screw a track that had been on the ISW and IMW schedule last season, and is (or was) on both again this season just so USAC can sanction a big event for promoters with no previous connection with USAC?? WTH?? Is that how Mopar did business?
Sometimes USAC makes it really tough for me to remain loyal after all these years.......

Kirk Spridgeon 1/31/08 4:18 PM

Unfortunately, they got themselves in a tight spot and it was going to be a bad deal no matter what they did.

Personally, I still can't understand how it made sense to add Union County to the week, but I guess we all have to hope that it is worthy of a race after having an excellent track taken off the schedule now!

I really hope Kamp is added again next year, and things are mapped out well enough to be able to include both the Oskaloosa race and a full slate of Indiana Midget Week races....

Seadog 1/31/08 4:52 PM

Hey Kids! Put on your Mario and Michael Andretti masks! It's gripe time!:rolleyes::headbang:sleep:

Wolfe-e 1/31/08 4:58 PM

Looks like a simple case of USAC doing what they thinks best for USAC and Kamp doing whats Best for Kamp as well. No surprise when you figure several of the top USAC Sprint guys would go to the Sprint race regardless. I don't blame Bob and Gayle either, why should they take a Back Seat to a Race in Iowa? To me its a case of USAC catering to 5 or 6 of there Prima-Dona's.....Again, no surprise, either way...

Kirk Spridgeon 1/31/08 5:09 PM

Those 5 or 6 "prima donnas" are what make the National Midget Series mean something and also certify that Oskaloosa is a legitimate event....and last I knew, that wasn't a very good description of Dave Darland, Jerry Coons, Jr., Levi Jones, etc.

AERO410SCJA 1/31/08 5:28 PM

Sometimes I believe they want people pissed at them! ***:help::usac:

PJ Wright 1/31/08 5:29 PM

Without getting into finger pointing or name calling and speaking just as a fan, this news is very disappointing.

sprintcar64 1/31/08 5:30 PM

Oskaloosa was a legtitimate event long before USAC got involved.

Dwight Clock 1/31/08 5:32 PM

Sometimes stuff happens and no one is at fault.:idea: