IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Montpelier (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=99200)

flagboy55 6/6/17 10:25 PM

If they are firm on the curfew, some racing might not get done. Lining up midget A now

R A K 6/6/17 10:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by brsteg (Post 474971)
Midget heats were interesting despite track conditions.
Sprints... think of a dry slick huggy pole Bloomington race minus 15 mph.. lol
We'll see what we have.
Do we have a curfew tonight?

According to their website ... yes.

BrianBSU23 6/6/17 10:34 PM

No curfew tonight. We will run the program in its entirety.

brsteg 6/7/17 12:31 AM

Re: Montpelier

I had to leave after midgets; anyone know anything about the sprint feature?

tirespinner 6/7/17 12:39 AM

Bacon Windom KT S Cottle Chapple Andretti K Simon Underwood Pierce T Hewitt Main

cwfan08 6/7/17 4:16 AM

The wind and sun beating down didn't help. There wasn't much left of the track Midway through midget qualifying. It really just is what it is. we will see what tonight holds.

david mitchell 6/7/17 7:21 AM

I wasn't there last night and that sounds like a good thing.pretty late when people have to work in a few hours after completion.no excuse.how many parents were leaving with their children.sounds like a replacement may be needed for this track on the midget week schedule.not a way to grow the sport.

rj1 6/7/17 8:10 AM

Thought the midget heats were pretty good. Some of them were stacked and you had some hardcore fights in the ones that sent Darland and Abreu to the B-main.

Didn't know Kyle Larson was going to be racing til I got there. Pleasant surprise. Also, new track record holder.

You could tell the track was done with the sprint car heats. The one Jarett Andretti won was "nothing going on here".

As far as the main event, Tyler Courtney had them. Thought Bacon might've been able to get up to him and pass when they reached lap traffic but Courtney was able to negotiate it easier than Bacon could. Even after the restart with 3 to go, Courtney just left the field again. Larson's car was fast but I think he had trouble running high.

Seriously talented field when you have Jerry Coons Jr. finishing 21st.

brsteg 6/7/17 8:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david mitchell (Post 474995)
I wasn't there last night and that sounds like a good thing.pretty late when people have to work in a few hours after completion.no excuse.how many parents were leaving with their children.sounds like a replacement may be needed for this track on the midget week schedule.not a way to grow the sport.

Yea, I don't know if I would be that harsh. Looked like crowd stuck around pretty good, Midget feature was complete before 11.

I did overhear an interesting conversation between one of the track operators and Levi Jones about to not get the track that hard again.

rj1 6/7/17 8:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brsteg (Post 474997)
Yea, I don't know if I would be that harsh. Looked like crowd stuck around pretty good, Midget feature was complete before 11.

Yeah, they shuffled around the schedule. Midgets were done at 10:45. Then they ran the modified B-main, sprints and saved the modified final for last. I left after the sprint car feature a little before 11:30.