IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Mowa & Mscs show? (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=69528)

Puddin33 6/9/13 2:53 PM

Mowa & Mscs show?

Should be a good night if racing.... I haven't never saw both wing and nonwing cars in the same night. So it will be a first for me. Don't know a lot bout winged series How many cars usually travels with them?

Posted via Mobile Device

ryan84 6/9/13 3:52 PM

Re: Mowa & Mscs show?

I'm excited about coming up from TN. I bet they will have 20-24 winged cars. I wonder if they will have any incentives for anyone to race both wing and non wing?

pletchfan 6/9/13 6:06 PM

Wonder if this got rained out?? Hey Ryan where abouts in TN??

ClaytonYeley 6/9/13 6:23 PM

This event is taking place this upcoming Saturday (6/15) at Haubstadt. 2 classes MSCS sprints, and MOWA sprints.

pletchfan 6/9/13 6:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClaytonYeley (Post 335292)
This event is taking place this upcoming Saturday (6/15) at Haubstadt. 2 classes MSCS sprints, and MOWA sprints.

Thanks, I guess I did not read that... Sorry.

open_wheel_outlaw 6/9/13 7:54 PM

I"m definately going to be there! We will lose some drivers to USAC midget race in Lawerenceburg, but there will be plenty non-wings there to run. Don't really have a clue as to who might show up on the wing side of things, other than series regulars, but maybe get some non wing guys like Ballou and Wes Mac pulling double duty? :44:

racing2bwithu2 6/9/13 8:03 PM

Seems like between the winged an non winged drivers, there were like 60 or 70 cars at VCS. I talked to Jac Haudenschild an he said he was coming. A friend of ours from Kokomo is going to put a wing on an run. I think both the series will have a good turn out. Lloyd

Slider812 6/9/13 8:47 PM

Nobody will be doing double duty with a single car. IF.....anyone does then they will be in a non wing car and somebody else's wing car. It's not as simple as just taking off the wing. A lot of other factors come into play also

Posted via Mobile Device

Wallsracing 6/9/13 8:58 PM

Vcs had the same series. Had like 41 non wing...32 ish mowa

Posted via Mobile Device

ryan84 6/9/13 9:24 PM

Yeah I realize this. I have been around sprint cars for 20 years and raced non wing for 4 years. It's not just as easy as throwing a wing on or off. I figured maybe maybe Levi Jones or Parker Price Miller might pull double duty like they did a VCS. Maybe Sheldon Haudenschild will run both. Can't wait

ryan84 6/9/13 9:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pletchfan (Post 335290)

Martin Tennessee. Its north west TN.

Rpracing1 6/9/13 11:07 PM

Must see event!

Posted via Mobile Device

jim goerge 6/10/13 2:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pletchfan (Post 335290)

I hope it hasn;t cuz it coming up this weekend June 15th

coachmeece 6/10/13 10:37 AM

Been looking forward to this for awile

Posted via Mobile Device

dirtguy34 6/10/13 12:21 PM

How about Clayton he has done some winged racing?

rclaridge 6/10/13 1:38 PM

I hear Stanbrough might pull double duty...

Ty 6/10/13 1:48 PM

Talked to Chase this weekend and he said he will be there with his #32

Rpracing1 6/10/13 1:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirtguy34 (Post 335433)
How about Clayton he has done some winged racing?

How bout this Mr. Morgan?

Morgan7m 6/10/13 6:00 PM

The Modern Day Cowboy has been, so still is, a very good wing driver. He just needs a few nights of seat time to be a top contender again, every night. He finished 3rd in All Star Circuit of Champions points back in 2010 I believe. He was also the Knoxville Nationals Rookie of the Year in 2010, like Kyle Lawson was this past year.

If I did not have commitments already in place or I had had another Outlaw wing car ready, you already know that I would have MDC in my wing car for that show. Instead, I have committed my wing operation to another driver for the weekly Knoxville races to prepare for this years Knoxville Nationals.

This poor boy just can’t fund everything I would like to, but I sure do dream about it.

Ray Morgan

on_the_edge 6/10/13 9:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ty (Post 335447)
Talked to Chase this weekend and he said he will be there with his #32

Probably in the GBR 2x this weekend if I had to guess.

Posted via Mobile Device

Wallsracing 6/10/13 9:32 PM

[quote=on_the_edge;335526]Probably in the GBR 2x this weekend if I had to guess.

Posted via Mobile Device[/quo
Both lol

Posted via Mobile Device

Ty 6/11/13 8:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by on_the_edge (Post 335526)
Probably in the GBR 2x this weekend if I had to guess.

Posted via Mobile Device

That's a good possibility. He just told me that he'd be there lol anyhow really looking forward to Haubstadt Saturday night.

ronmil 6/11/13 2:19 PM

I was going to defect to the Lawrenceburg midget week race, but I need to stay closer to home, so I will be in attendance.

Rpracing1 6/13/13 8:17 PM

The Madman sez he is doing the double

ClaytonYeley 6/14/13 12:35 AM

Jon Stanbrough's fan page makes it seem as if he is looking into running both classes. Don't know where they stand with that now. How often has JS run with a wing?

miledirt 6/15/13 7:13 AM

So Clayton is running tonight, right?

Racer12 6/15/13 8:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miledirt (Post 336397)
So Clayton is running tonight, right?

The nine deuce will be there. About to go mount tires and load up! We have a limited number of T shirts left so get them while they last. We sold a ton of them in PA.

Bob

Posted via Mobile Device

Slider812 6/15/13 8:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racer12 (Post 336406)
The nine deuce will be there. About to go mount tires and load up! We have a limited number of T shirts left so get them while they last. We sold a ton of them in PA.

Bob

Posted via Mobile Device

I'll buy two. Will come by your pits. No GoPro this time. She took a beating last weekend.

Posted via Mobile Device

racefan20 6/15/13 10:15 AM

Looks like the Fox 53 back on track tonight at TSS.....with a wing Greg Wilson in the seat.

Rpracing1 6/15/13 10:41 AM

Just a heads up to all coming to Tri-State Speedway tonight. Rumor has it that Tommy WILL work the track as necessary throughout the evening and he will end up with finely groomed track surface as you will see anywhere. Again just a rumor. Beware.

Charles Nungester 6/15/13 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronmil (Post 335626)
I was going to defect to the Lawrenceburg midget week race, but I need to stay closer to home, so I will be in attendance.

Ron, Hope the wife comes through this with flying colors.

Flatrightrear 6/15/13 11:51 AM

Hope for quick healing for Earlene, Ron.

MOWA 6/15/13 11:51 AM

For those of you wanting to follow lineups and results, go to www.mowalive.com on your computer or mobile device - preferably from the track grandstands instead of your living room. (Assumes we have a good mobile internet data connection).

You can also play MOWA "Pick 'em". Simply register at mowalive.com, select a pin number, then prior to each set of races (heats, dash, B-Main, Feature), pick who you think will win. The person with the most points at the end of the night wins a free ticket to any upcoming MOWA event.

johnnythunderhead 6/15/13 11:58 AM

not with the usac midgets in the state, not even tempted, no siree, not even tempted!

Posted via Mobile Device

coachmeece 6/15/13 12:25 PM

Sounds like both mscs and mowa will have good feild of cars can't wait

Posted via Mobile Device

illinifan 6/15/13 12:50 PM

Getting off work at 2 in Springfield il n then heading that way, can't wait for this show. Someone make sure Clayton holds a XL shirt for me.

Posted via Mobile Device

miledirt 6/15/13 12:53 PM

Coming from St Louis, on our way soon! Nothing like Haubstadt!

Posted via Mobile Device

MOWA 6/15/13 1:11 PM

Also just want to mention that tonight will be MOWA's first ever show in the state of Indiana, which is a great milestone for our series. And at one of the premier racing facilities in the Country. Thanks to Tom and everyone at Tri State Speedway for making this happen.

It's a privilege to be on the same card as MSCS and to be welcomed with the wings in state that knows its sprint cars better than any other. It's going to be a great show. Head out to Tri State Speedway and support Tom and the TSS folks for sticking their neck out to bring you the best of both worlds with MSCS and MOWA on the same card.

Rpracing1 6/15/13 1:17 PM

Welcome

Posted via Mobile Device

Slider812 6/15/13 1:51 PM

I bet we will c tons of posts about this race. The posts will be about the difference of the racing between wing and non, complaining about the tractor show, and a bunch of wow's. I will bet there will b a lot of track prep so brace yourselves now. Needless to say I'm so pumped for this event

Posted via Mobile Device