IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   KAMP SPEEDWAY REOPENING 2014! Bank excepted offer & MORE. (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=73167)

nathans1012 11/2/13 7:36 PM

KAMP SPEEDWAY REOPENING 2014! Bank excepted offer & MORE.

KAMP MOTOR SPEEDWAY REOPENING IN 2014
The bank that had the track has excepted the offer from Street Stock driver #II Michael Daugherty.
As of Right now track will run the same divisions as Shadyhill Speedway.
Racing Saturday Night and PAYOUT WILL BE CASH $MONEY$.
Have heard that Michael has already acquired equipment from Georgia.
More announcements in the next few months.
From TJ Larson Facebook Page < Helping Daugherty with the track.

THIS IS NOT A CRUEL JOKE / B.S. EITHER.
Just letting folks know the track has been bought and WILL reopen in 2014.

bowbuild 11/2/13 7:52 PM

Re: KAMP SPEEDWAY REOPENING 2014! Bank excepted offer & MORE

Positive news! Wow that is great!

Jerry Shaw 11/2/13 8:16 PM

Hopefully they sign a USAC or MSCS show. Give me a reason to go and I'll head straight there. I like that place a lot!

Jerry

Spi-nex 11/2/13 8:30 PM

Other than the whole "excepted" issue this is the best news I've heard in quite some time! Awesome!

treecitytornado 11/2/13 9:25 PM

A Non-Sanctioned, Open Tire, 410 Non-Wing show or 2 would be great! I like racing at this place!

johnnythunderhead 11/2/13 9:35 PM

where is it? never mind, I see its 87miles n w of indy (I-84 doesn't go there) are there no 3/8 - 1/2 mi. high banked speedways in s/w oh., s/e in. or n. ky. to re-open and run sprint cars and midgets on fri. and sun?

Hotshoe65s 11/2/13 9:38 PM

IMO, running the same classes as a track that isn't too far away, on the same night isn't going to work. That will kill your car count in the lower classes. The mods will be fine because there is enough to go around, but the lower classes will suffer. If you run a class that Indiana super stocks can run, I'll be there.

kcarm92 11/2/13 9:52 PM

Maybe the plan is to get cars away from shadyhill. But your right Dustin if they ran indiana street stocks we would be there think alot others would also.

nathans1012 11/2/13 11:13 PM

When more is announced I will post it here I.e. website, rules, schedule, ect.. Shadyhill shot them selves in the foot a long time ago. They treat people in the pits like crap and are extremely rude. The hill will lose cars and I know a few already that will be there. As of right now there main classes will be UMP Modifieds, UMP Stock Cars, I-Mods, Pure Streets (V8), 4 Cylinders. Specials TBA.

hoosier race fan 11/2/13 11:30 PM

I would love to see them run late models again, but I wouldn't be surprised if having the money to pay them a reasonable purse is an issue. I would definitely swap out the IMods for Sportsman/Indiana Super Stocks. Shadyhill will always have their loyal regulars, but the reopening of what was known as Kamp Motor Speedway will probably have an impact on them. More of an impact than Plymouth did this year.