IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What would be YOUR all time feature lineup? (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=49569)

Chris Nunn 7/1/11 3:13 PM

Re: What would be YOUR all time feature lineu

Joss is three times the driver Danica ever thought about being thats for sure. And I could probably say Joss is three times the driver of 90 percent of that list

Jerry Shaw 7/1/11 3:15 PM

So far, Mike and myself are the only ones to offer up lists. Other than the One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest entry. Come on, race fans, let's see what you got. A little criticism isn't going to kill you. It's not easy, though. You only have 20 spots.

Jerry

racegal 7/1/11 3:24 PM

Let me ponder... Of course every one knows who would be on the pole!!:3:

mac miller 7/1/11 3:32 PM

The definitive answer to your question is at the following website:

http://macmillersgarage.webs.com/app...y-to-see-this-

mac miller in INDY

sc17x 7/1/11 3:34 PM

Hewitt Butler
Ron Shuman Steve Kinser
Opperman Stanbourgh
Bob Kinser Amati
Tony E AJ Foyt
Darland Coons jr
Pancho Carter Larry Dickson
D Gaines Sheldon Kinser
Cole Whitt Kruseman L McSpaden Dean Thompson

30 laps at Kokomo wouldn't that be sweet!
Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by deannalynn (Post 237081)
Kara Hendrick, Sarah Fischer
Joss Moffat, Janet Guthrie
Helle Nice, Alison MacLeod
Melanie Troxel, Danica Patrick
Ana Beatriz, Lynn St. James
Jessica Zemken, Simona DeSilvestro
Pippa Mann, Milka Duno
Kurt Busch, Kyle Busch

Have fun with that list, guys :23: See you at the races :)

Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by deannalynn (Post 237081)
Kara Hendrick, Sarah Fischer
Joss Moffat, Janet Guthrie
Helle Nice, Alison MacLeod
Melanie Troxel, Danica Patrick
Ana Beatriz, Lynn St. James
Jessica Zemken, Simona DeSilvestro
Pippa Mann, Milka Duno
Kurt Busch, Kyle Busch

Have fun with that list, guys :23: See you at the races :)

what about Erin Crocker Soni Eden
Posted via Mobile Device

SpfldMile 7/1/11 4:05 PM

In no particular order

Gary B. Jack Hewitt
Ron Shuman Ken Schrader
Tom Bigelow Chuck Gurney
Steve Kinser Sheldon Kinser
Dave Darland Brian Tyler
JJ Yeley Tracy Hines
Jerry Coons, Jr AJ Foyt
Larry Dickson Brian Clauson
Pancho Carter Jon Stanbrough
Jimmy Sills Bud Kaeding

Obviously, that is a Silver Crown lineup. I would want it on a hot August afternoon in Springfield. My second choice would be a midget race at little Springfield with Mel Kenyon, Rich Vogler, Sleepy Tripp...etc.

RaceFan11 7/1/11 4:15 PM

Robbie Stanley, Jac Haudenschild
Steve Butler, Dave Darland
Rich Vogler, Bob Kinser
Tony Elliot, Jesse Hockett
Larry Rice, Jack Hewitt
Dick Gaines, Tony Stewart
Jon Stanbrough, Steve Kinser
J.J. Yeley, Bubby Jones
Tracy Hines, Jay Drake
Jerry Coons Jr, Brad Sweet

This would be the 4-Crown Sprint car feature lineup back when Earl was taking care of the speedway.

Panama 7/1/11 4:15 PM

20 spots are tough, I know I left out some.
And in my fantasy race, it is a Champ Car race on the Indy Fairgrounds mile.

Pancho Carter - Jan Opperman
Rich Vogler - Mario Andretti
Chuck Amatti - Bob Kinser
Jack Hewitt - Gary Bettenhausen
Dick Gaines - Cecil Beavers
Calvin Gilstrap - Ricky Hood
Jon Stanbrough - Sheldon Kinser
Steve Kinser - Sammy Swindell
Tony Stewart - Bryan Clauson
Daron Clayton - AJ Foyt

Wrench Turner 7/1/11 4:38 PM

Here's what I read in the Brazil Times the other day...

It was a great day in beautiful downtown Putnamville. Sunny and 75 degrees with a slight breeze in the air. Thirty-five of history's best sprint car drivers showed up for a wild night at the races. Mike and V Farrar had a well prepared and heavy track for the beginning of the night with some very fast times being turned in qualifying. At the end of the time trials, fast time went to Dave Darland with a time of 12.675.

Five heats started off the fantasy night with only the top four tranferring. On this night, there would be no B-Main. It was a tough evening for the drivers, but made for some very competitive and exiting to watch heat races.

The heat one transfers in order consisted of Bob Kinser, Roger McClusky, Chuck Amati and A.J. Foyt. Bryan Clauson appeared to have the heat in the bag until a blown motor threw a rod and puked oil over the track causing a bit of a clean-up delay.

Heat two trasfers in order consisted of Parnelli Jones, Dave Darland, Sheldon Kinser and Steve Butler. Chris Windom was making a hard charge to the front when he drove it a bit too deep into one in an attempt for a slide job on DD. Sadly, the car spun and he went to the tail causing him to miss the transfer.

Heat three transfers in order consisted of Robbie Stanley, Tony Stewart, Rich Vogler and Pancho Carter. Jerry Coons Jr. appeared to cut a tire on lap three and his night was ruined. It was sad to see indeed.

Heat four transfers once again in order consisted of Jon Stanbrough, J.J. Yeley, Kenny Irwin Jr. and Jeff Gordon. Gary Bettenhausen had been putting on a clinic until lap 6 when caught his left front one of the inside tire barriers breaking the front end and causing him to pull off.

Heat five transfers contained Tony Elliot, Jack Hewitt, Mike Bliss and Levi Jones. Larry Rice was making a very respectable run into second place until he climbed Hewitts wheel and flipped out of turn one. He was OK after the nasty spill, but his car was a different story.

Starting order for the feature went by qualifying times with an invert of the top six. Starting positions were as follows.

Inside Outside
Chuck Amati Rich Vogler
A.J. Foyt Bob Kinser
Dave Darland Steve Butler
Parnelli Jones J.J. Yeley
Jon Stanbrough Pancho Carter
Tony Elliot Sheldon Kinser
Tony Stewart Jeff Gordon
Levi Jones Jack Hewitt
Kenny Irwin Jr. Robbie Stanley
Mike Bliss Roger McClusky

Chuck Amati started led the first lap of a very tight race where three wide racing was observed between himself, Rich Vogler and Bob Kinser. After lap five Rich Vogler took the lead with Bob all over his tail. This didn't last long though, as Bob once again took the lead back on lap seven. The hard charger was Jack Hewitt dominating his way through the field, finally taking the lead away from Bob Kinser on lap twelve. However, Jack's night would come to a sad end on lap fourteen when he slammed the cushion flattening his right rear whilst cowboying around the top. This put Bob back in the lead with Steve Butler riding behind him after making a great move on Vogler. On the white flag lap, Bob Kinser looked poised to take the win. But in turn one, Steve Butler attempted to pull a daring slide job, clipping Kinsers left front and sending them both over the bank. Rich Vogler took a last hard lap around the top with Amati challenging him from the pole. It became a drag race to the line with Vogler taking the checkered from Colonel Tommy Sanders and edging Amati by a bumper.

Bob Kinser had the last laugh of the night after making his way over to Butlers pit after the race. His cigar hit the floor and Butler left with a Black right eye and a mouse over his left that made Hasim Rahman's look like a grape.

As you can see, I had some fun with this. Nothing bad natured toward any driver intended.

Ken Bonnema 7/1/11 5:09 PM

Gary Patterson, Jeff Gordon, Jimmy Oskie, Richard Griffin, Jimmy Sills, Doug Wolfgang, Rick Ferkel, LeRoy Van Connett, Ronnie Duman, Sammy Swindell, Mario Andretti. I'd pay just to watch the B Main........