IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Members -- Please Read (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=88620)

Mrs G 11/12/15 12:20 PM

Members -- Please Read

I have been THREATENED twice, in as many weeks, due to the behavior of certain members on this forum. As a result, I feel it’s necessary to make the following post:

The first thing I want to point out to everyone is that all messages on this forum express the view of the author, and neither IndianaOpenWheel.com, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

Many forums fall apart after becoming consumed by petty squabbling or having useful information drowned in a sea of stupidity and nonsense. Folks, we are real close to this happening here. I’ve heard over and over how things are just not the same; many of the more seasoned members are no longer posting as a result. You are right, things have changed. I wake up to that reality every morning and I'm doing the best that I can. You, the members, are what makes this board so ask yourself whether you have had a positive or negative influence. Please comply with the forum rules if you have ANY respect for Bill and what he created and want this site to remain active. Each member agreed to these terms when they registered.

Personal drama should be taken elsewhere. This board, including private messages, will NOT be used as a tool or resource to display it. Trust me when I say I have enough of this in my own life. I certainly don’t have the time or energy to deal with anyone else’s. You know who you are. It appears to go both ways and I am monitoring the situation. Please STOP if you want to continue to be a member!

Please do not post any messages that harass, insult, belittle, threaten or flame another member or guest. If you are addressing someone by anything other than their username or given name, you might want to reconsider your post.

We reserve the right to remove, edit, move, close or even delete any thread for any reason. If a thread or post is closed or removed, DO NOT REPOST.

Rant over……….
Mrs. G

TQ29m 11/12/15 6:00 PM

Re: Members -- Please Read

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs G (Post 431414)
I have been THREATENED twice, in as many weeks, due to the behavior of certain members on this forum. As a result, I feel it’s necessary to make the following post:

The first thing I want to point out to everyone is that all messages on this forum express the view of the author, and neither IndianaOpenWheel.com, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

Many forums fall apart after becoming consumed by petty squabbling or having useful information drowned in a sea of stupidity and nonsense. Folks, we are real close to this happening here. I’ve heard over and over how things are just not the same; many of the more seasoned members are no longer posting as a result. You are right, things have changed. I wake up to that reality every morning and I'm doing the best that I can. You, the members, are what makes this board so ask yourself whether you have had a positive or negative influence. Please comply with the forum rules if you have ANY respect for Bill and what he created and want this site to remain active. Each member agreed to these terms when they registered.

Personal drama should be taken elsewhere. This board, including private messages, will NOT be used as a tool or resource to display it. Trust me when I say I have enough of this in my own life. I certainly don’t have the time or energy to deal with anyone else’s. You know who you are. It appears to go both ways and I am monitoring the situation. Please STOP if you want to continue to be a member!

Please do not post any messages that harass, insult, belittle, threaten or flame another member or guest. If you are addressing someone by anything other than their username or given name, you might want to reconsider your post.

We reserve the right to remove, edit, move, close or even delete any thread for any reason. If a thread or post is closed or removed, DO NOT REPOST.

Rant over……….
Mrs. G

Rant on, you can do it, and deserve to. I've noticed lately, that there is little to no info required to be a member, maybe, if you increased that amount of info, it would help weed out the undesirables that use this forum to flame, or post untruths about members, I for one, wouldn't mind a bit, to provide more info, altho there isn't much more you can get, when I joined, it was about everything but your SS number, it would require more on your part up front, but it might also discourage the CS's that threaten you, and others on this forum. Just a thought, but it might tend to weed out those folks that like to hide, and lurk behind a bogus front name! Bob

Mrs G 11/12/15 6:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TQ29m (Post 431443)
Rant on, you can do it, and deserve to. I've noticed lately, that there is little to no info required to be a member, maybe, if you increased that amount of info, it would help weed out the undesirables that use this forum to flame, or post untruths about members, I for one, wouldn't mind a bit, to provide more info, altho there isn't much more you can get, when I joined, it was about everything but your SS number, it would require more on your part up front, but it might also discourage the CS's that threaten you, and others on this forum. Just a thought, but it might tend to weed out those folks that like to hide, and lurk behind a bogus front name! Bob

Bob, I certainly appreciate your feedback and will take it into consideration!

big d 11/12/15 6:16 PM

go gettem mrs g,,this is ur baby and u do a great job,,i know for one,,id be lost without this forum,,and im sure im not alone,,,,,,,,,,,big d in alabama:6:

tdt636 11/12/15 6:17 PM

Everybody should just act like adults and show some respect to each other and this site!!!

racegal 11/12/15 6:59 PM

Scarey!!!
Thank you Mrs G :9::9::9:

Charles Nungester 11/12/15 7:03 PM

If it wasn't for Mrs. G and Bill. Many of us would have never met each other and continue to be at tracks probably sitting beside each other never knowing. Its so great to go to non home tracks and have friends to chat and enjoy the races with as well as when they come to yours.

Sorry Mrs. G. You getting threatened is just totally beyond B.S and putting up with my and others rants is also.

mc/rider 11/12/15 7:40 PM

This is one of the nicest communities Ive ever been a part of,proud to be a member.Thank You.

glittleton 11/12/15 7:50 PM

I hate to hear that Mrs G - I really appreciate the info on the Forum

badcoupe 11/12/15 8:10 PM

Some boards I'm a member of you have to be approved by a moderator before you can post. This helps discourage those who show up solely for self promotion, classifieds etc. helps weed out those who aren't here to contribute to the community maybe ask a question that a true fan not a bot should be able able to answer