IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Dale Sr. ---Kyle (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=54790)

speed bump 11/6/11 1:14 PM

Dale Sr. ---Kyle

If Dale Sr. would have done what Kyle done..every body would have cheered him...And he did many times .maybe not under the yellow..but you know he was going to do it in almost every race..but he is considered an angel and a hero.

Rpracing1 11/6/11 1:35 PM

Re: Dale Sr. ---Kyle

Quote:

Originally Posted by speed bump (Post 260643)
If Dale Sr. would have done what Kyle done..every body would have cheered him...And he did many times .maybe not under the yellow..but you know he was going to do it in almost every race..but he is considered an angel and a hero.

Key here is , "Under Yellow"!!!!

c47 11/6/11 1:40 PM

key is also that he took hornadays championship away.

apexonephoto 11/6/11 2:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c47 (Post 260645)
key is also that he took hornadays championship away.

It really wasn't "Hornaday's Championship" quite yet. It's not like he was leading the points. I find it funny that none of the announcers had really mentioned Hornaday, more so Buescher and Dillon, the fabled "young guns". It looks like Buescher running out of gas may have ruined his chances now.

Also its not like Hornaday (who has already won two championships) doesn't know better then to push the issue with envelope (driving a Harvick owned truck) 10% of the way into the 2nd last race of the year with a hothead like Busch.

ISF 11/6/11 2:59 PM

Earnhardt and Childress had NASCAR do their dirty work for them. See championship chase involving Mark Martin circa 1990. The result is the same, just a little different method. Both effective. One a bit little less sneaky than the other.

And, if a driver wrecks another driver deliberately does it really matter much if it's under caution or not? If so I'm not sure how.

Midget 89 11/6/11 3:25 PM

Kyle Busch can be a great wheelman when he wants to be yet he also can be his own worst enemy, not that he doesn't have enough already. He'll have to win a few more races to be placed along side Dale Earnhardt, Sr., in any category.

REH24 11/6/11 5:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midget 89 (Post 260656)
Kyle Busch can be a great wheelman when he wants to be yet he also can be his own worst enemy, not that he doesn't have enough already. He'll have to win a few more races to be placed along side Dale Earnhardt, Sr., in any category.

I would have to say that Busch is on his way to be placed up with the greats especially with his youth and ability. The only thing he lacks now is "maturity".

REH

davidm 11/6/11 5:46 PM

I just that God that there is other good racing out there besides this stuff!

Rogue-9 11/6/11 5:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speed bump (Post 260643)

Dale wrecked people racing them hard not on purpose, and dale didn't wreck people every race, that's very exagerated. Dale didn't wreck people because he was a whiny little &^%$# like Kyle, who gets upset when he is raced hard. Dale didn't complain when he got wrecked, he just said that's racin. That's why he was respected, sure he wrecked people, but he never whined when he got wrecked.

Charles Nungester 11/6/11 6:11 PM

REH24 11/6/11 6:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue-9 (Post 260672)
Dale wrecked people racing them hard not on purpose, and dale didn't wreck people every race, that's very exagerated. Dale didn't wreck people because he was a whiny little &^%$# like Kyle, who gets upset when he is raced hard. Dale didn't complain when he got wrecked, he just said that's racin. That's why he was respected, sure he wrecked people, but he never whined when he got wrecked.

I know one incident that Dale wrecked on purpose and that was when he punted Terry Labonte at Bristol on the last lap or maybe when he wrecked Rusty twice. First time I ever seen Dale's own fans booing him for wrecking Labonte.

REH

racer-x 11/6/11 7:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REH24 (Post 260678)
I know one incident that Dale wrecked on purpose and that was when he punted Terry Labonte at Bristol on the last lap or maybe when he wrecked Rusty twice. First time I ever seen Dale's own fans booing him for wrecking Labonte.

REH

But that was the last lap of the race and they were racing hard.I like races that finish that way!:8: But when you take a title contendor out on lap 17 under caution?:10:

ISF 11/6/11 7:11 PM

I think maybe the post race interview at North Wilkesboro in the Fall of 1989 will show earnhardt as a world class whiner following a last lap dust up with Ricky Rudd and if you watch the tape closely in slow motion it is vividly apparent that Rudd was not the cause of the incident. The week following that masterpiece he was required to apologize for the foul language he disseminated on live television.

He got taken out late in the race getting off turn 2 at Talladega by Morgan Shepard when Morgan was driving for the Wood Bros. and did an exemplary job of whining about that as well. There are a few more, too.

Sometimes he didn't even have to get wrecked to do some quality whining. He went from top five back to 12th in the last couple of laps of his twin qualifier for the Daytona 500 in 2000 and whined like a poisoned pup about it.

REH24 11/6/11 7:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racer-x (Post 260679)
But that was the last lap of the race and they were racing hard.I like races that finish that way!:8: But when you take a title contendor out on lap 17 under caution?:10:

Maybe you should re-read Rogue-9 comment "Dale wrecked people racing them hard not on purpose" and that was what I was responding too. True Dale and Terry was racing hard, but Dale still purposely turn into Terry rear quarter taking him out. If you were there when it happen everyone there sounded off by booing Dale including his fans. Not sticking up for Busch as I don't care for him and he shouldn't have taken a title contender or anyone else as far as that goes. Also does it really make any difference what lap you take a car out on, it still shouldn't happen on purpose.:20:

REH

LocalYokel 11/6/11 8:26 PM

Dale Earnhadrt was an idiot too! End of story. Any driver who wrecks another on purpose deserves to get beat up and suspended from races.
Posted via Mobile Device

Gregg 11/6/11 9:03 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uy8c1Jq6pWU

Pat O'Connor Fan 11/6/11 9:27 PM

You "Dale haters" out there really need to go take your Prozak and get over it.

Quit :deadhorse:

Rogue-9 11/6/11 9:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REH24 (Post 260683)
Maybe you should re-read Rogue-9 comment "Dale wrecked people racing them hard not on purpose" and that was what I was responding too. True Dale and Terry was racing hard, but Dale still purposely turn into Terry rear quarter taking him out. If you were there when it happen everyone there sounded off by booing Dale including his fans. Not sticking up for Busch as I don't care for him and he shouldn't have taken a title contender or anyone else as far as that goes. Also does it really make any difference what lap you take a car out on, it still shouldn't happen on purpose.:20:

REH

He didn't turn into his quarter, he was directly behind him, gave him a small tap in the rear bumper, which got Terry loose, and that made terry let off, and dale didn't lift, so he got into the back of him again.Was it aggressive yes, did he mean to nudge him, yes, did he mean to wreck him, no.

Phylo82 11/6/11 10:08 PM

Call it what you want.....what I saw was T.L. taking his time and passing Big E cleanly. Now how did Dale return the favor???, by running him over as soon as he got back to Terry's back bumper.

Dale, love him or hate him, made a career out of moves like that.

REH24 11/6/11 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue-9 (Post 260697)
He didn't turn into his quarter, he was directly behind him, gave him a small tap in the rear bumper, which got Terry loose, and that made terry let off, and dale didn't lift, so he got into the back of him again.Was it aggressive yes, did he mean to nudge him, yes, did he mean to wreck him, no.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEsCpXZAuVg

:deadhorse:

REH

kennystidamracing 11/6/11 11:10 PM

They should suspend kyle the rest of the season so he gets the message that this wont be tolerated.
Posted via Mobile Device

Napalm74 11/7/11 1:14 AM

So all the earnhardt fans on here are saying if someone ran him up the track or into the wall he wouldn't retaliate? I'm sick of people condemning KB for having the same win-at-any-cost-take-no-$#!* attitude earnhardt had. He is a winner.
Posted via Mobile Device

LocalYokel 11/7/11 4:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Napalm74 (Post 260708)
He is a winner.

Who took himself out of a race he could have won... that sounds more like a loser to me.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rogue-9 11/7/11 6:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Napalm74 (Post 260708)
So all the earnhardt fans on here are saying if someone ran him up the track or into the wall he wouldn't retaliate? I'm sick of people condemning KB for having the same win-at-any-cost-take-no-$#!* attitude earnhardt had. He is a winner.
Posted via Mobile Device

Not under caution, he was smarter than that.

davidm 11/7/11 10:16 AM

Dale crashed DW and himself out at Richmond that was intentional!

Vinceracer39 11/7/11 11:00 AM

Earnhardt wrecked people all the time wether it was for the win or 12th place, no matter how you cut it up or smooth it over he ran over people constantly. What Busch did friday was no worse than Edwards flipping Keselowski at Atlanta, the only difference is NASCAR decided that since Busch is considered a "BAD BOY" he deserved to be parked but Edwards is such a "NICE GUY" he deserves only super-secret double probation and Brad needs the warning to stay away from Carl. Earnhardt was a "HERO" so he was never punished Carl is a "NICE GUY" so he's never punished and Kyle is a "BAD BOY" so he is punished and all the guys they wreck just need to give them more room and stay off them and nothing will happen to them. NASCAR is a joke when it comes to their punishment system and I think we can all agree with that.

ISF 11/7/11 11:33 AM

That's right davidm. It was 1986 before they changed the configuration of the track, and it was deliberate. Kyle Petty won his first race as a result of that masterpiece. Ironhead sent Rusty Wallace out on a horrible ride in the tri-oval at Talladega. Rusty always said after that happened that "most guys will wreck you on purpose at Martinsville or Bristol but ironhead will wreck ya' on purpose at Daytona or Talladega". He wrecked Joe Ruttman at Rockingham and admitted it was deliberate, and later he put Bobby Hamilton in the wall at the Rock and cost him a win there when Bobby was driving for the King.

What I thought really appropriate is that the week following the incident with Hamilton they interviewed Bobby and asked him if he had yet talked to ironhead and Bobby said he came over and tried to talk to him and he was still talking as Bobby walked away. Great stuff. How ironic that they are both gone.

If you think ironhead was above wreckin' a guy during a yellow or on the cool down lap just look at the tape of the IROC race that took place 2 days before ironhead's demise. He wrecked Eddie Cheever on the backstretch at Daytona. Now, some'll say that was in a IROC car and doesn't count but that was before all the safety innovations of today and even ironhead wasn't sure where a car would go after he turned it around.

I never hated ironhead. If fact we spent a fair amount of time with him and Childress and his crew before he had won 2 or 3 championships and didn't feel like mingling with the "unwashed", so to speak. What I did hate was the extra special treatment him and Childress received from NASCAR that others didn't get and believe me he got a bunch of it! He was given the 1990 championship over Mark Martin. I won't go into all the details as to how NASCAR did it but there was blatantly biased calls made at the Fall races at Charlotte and Martinsville. Rest assured, it did happen.

---------- Post added at 9:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 9:13 AM ----------

Wow! I've heard some excuses made for drivers wreckin' other cars on purpose but the "Dale was just being aggressive" when he wrecked Labonte at Bristol is the whopper of all whoppers! LOL!!

Rhody 11/7/11 12:49 PM

The "Dale did it so it's OK" defense doesn't wash with me. It was wrong when Dale did it, and it's still wrong. At least when Dale was coming up to stardom, he had to answer for his actions the old fashioned way. I'm betting he had to face an angry mob when he got out his car more than once, and he probably wasn't too sure someone wasn't going to take a swing at him. Kyle Busch on the other hand has never had to worry about getting his butt kicked before he escaped from the track, he was either too young to beat up, or he was in the NASCAR circus where physical violence won't be tolerated. He's also never had to piece together a car that he tore up so he could race the next week.

MRZERO 11/9/11 2:40 PM

What the heck, I'll throw my 2 cents in. Terry had just put on new tires, which put him back a bit. But he cut through the field and caught Dale, then passed him. Dale did a kamikaze dive into the turn, cause that was the last chance he was gonna get to turn Terry around. If he hadn't spun him, Terry was going to drive away from him. And Dale was a world class whiner!

monkeyboy 11/9/11 3:06 PM

Am I the only one who thinks nascrap would draw more fans by running figure 8s or maybe having a roll over contest? Why so much talk about some fn jalopies?
Posted via Mobile Device

tamale wagon 11/9/11 6:57 PM

nascar wanted ( have at it boys ), :43:: they got it, nascar wants the wrecks and the fights, they got them. be carefull for what you ask for nascar, cause you just might get it. :26:

DANO34 11/9/11 7:00 PM

he did it under yellow hello :22:

fish 11/10/11 5:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REH24 (Post 260678)
or maybe when he wrecked Rusty twice.

REH

that could possibly be enough right there to qualify dale sr for sainthood.

Z-man 11/10/11 10:40 AM

Looks like NASCAR will put a few squad cars on the track to keep the drivers from committing any moving violations.http://blogs.wsj.com/drivers-seat/20...ogle_news_blog