IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Thank you Robert Ballou (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=106406)

yeleyfan76 9/26/18 7:38 PM

Thank you Robert Ballou

Thank you Robert Ballou for being who you are. In this world of go along to get along, you proved that if Big Money doesn’t like you then you get punished. This unprecedented move by USAC proves that things said by you might have a level of truth. While sometimes over the top, your points are valid and should be taken seriously. USAC and it’s partners pride themselves on their presence in the world of social media. Once that presence is tarnished with some harsh truths it’s clear they don’t like challenge.

Secondly it’s crystal clear that when you challenge Indiana’s racing hero from Columbus in a way that he at one time would conduct himself he is just as soft as the rest. I find it funny that this blew up because of the comments about Eldora. Yes Robert Ballou has pushed the envelope many times before. Similar to things the almighty Smoke would do. Funny how when the tables were turned, he lashes back instead of admitting that what he offered for last years 4 crown he fell short.Ballous mistake was that he thought maybe it would be the wet, tall curb track he was promised given to the teams this year. Tony Stewart is revered in big ways by the USAC faithful, but I don’t see what he really gives back now that he can. He has removed all of his teams from the 3 series. He takes ownership of a WING group that run all over the neighboring state funelling money into it instead of usac. His track in Ohio has reduced the number of visits per year to two. One event he uses the sprint cars as an undercard to the god awful boring Outlaws. The second visit he has turned into a circus with putting his wing group on the nite of the 4 crown. Now he gets challenged by one of the USAC drivers who doesn’t let up and pulls this crap to get him suspended. Those who want to defend Stewart til the death please save it. I was a fan because he was out spoken and brought lite to issues. Now when challenged by Ballou he turns into Bill France. No bueno.

Thank you Robert Ballou for being a bad ass on the track and being who you are off of the track. To USAC I want to thank you for ruining my first ever Oval Nationals trip this year with your spineless decision. To the owner of Eldora speedway please enjoy the mockery of the track you have created and enjoy the bed you share with NASCAR. You have proven that all of those tough guy years were just a farce.

I am a fan of the Madman. Unfortunately it will never be the same again. Racing in USAC for him will be a joke and since there is no money in any other non wing racing he might just go back west.

Chief Wahoo 9/26/18 8:49 PM

Re: Thank you Robert Ballou

Well said my friend!

Sprint63122 9/26/18 9:19 PM

This is all on tony and levi pretty disgusting display of a series but not unexpected.

TKRacing 9/26/18 9:22 PM

This is hilarious

lazyifoto 9/26/18 9:30 PM

I have to admit I believe this is more because Tony cried to USAC than because Ballou raised he!! to Stewart. I have to say USAC has now stooped as low as NASCAR with the suspension. I was looking forward to watching USAC at the BURG but I will now go elsewhere. Sprint car racing is made up with people that are not scared or affraid of backing it into the corner wheel to wheel with another competitor floorboarding with the right rear banging the wall.....but now they have to be affraid of what they say....I just don't know its what they say or what they say to Tony....
FREE BALLOU !

TKRacing 9/26/18 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lazyifoto (Post 502789)
I have to admit I believe this is more because Tony cried to USAC than because Ballou raised he!! to Stewart. I have to say USAC has now stooped as low as NASCAR with the suspension. I was looking forward to watching USAC at the BURG but I will now go elsewhere. Sprint car racing is made up with people that are not scared or affraid of backing it into the corner wheel to wheel with another competitor floorboarding with the right rear banging the wall.....but now they have to be affraid of what they say....I just don't know its what they say or what they say to Tony....
FREE BALLOU !

If you say it’s about that then why is Robert complaining about Eldora being against the wall and you are defending him?

Longtime sprinter 9/26/18 11:35 PM

I feel USAC did not have a choice. Tony has money and pull. I hate having the frickin social media get into our sport and tear it apart. I will be at Kokomo, Gas City, and Lawrenceburg, supporting the racers and teams that put their money and time, and even their lives on the line, to give the fans a terrific show each time.

race0 9/27/18 12:25 AM

Usac has a choice, take it to Pevely just like U.M.P did... current management, no chance that will happen.

tamati 9/27/18 9:05 AM

Wow just did the math usac is saving me close to 300 bucks this weekend. thanks Kevin

cntrypg@aol.com 9/27/18 12:14 PM

You guys just don't get it. Ballou was not right in what he did. He was bashing the long time premier open wheel series in the nation and deserves what he got.
What do you expect from Tony? He was personally bashed by a guy that has enjoyed and won numerous races at his track.
The Ovals will be just as good without him.

rclaridge 9/27/18 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Longtime sprinter (Post 502819)
I feel USAC did not have a choice. Tony has money and pull. I hate having the frickin social media get into our sport and tear it apart. I will be at Kokomo, Gas City, and Lawrenceburg, supporting the racers and teams that put their money and time, and even their lives on the line, to give the fans a terrific show each time.

Social media is kinda like alcohol...it’s great until you abuse it!

illinisprintfan 9/27/18 1:17 PM

So the next time Stewart runs his mouth on social media, is USAC going to refuse to run races there to protect” their integrity and the integrity of motor sports “. He also has a ongoing history of bad behavior and inflammatory remarks. Somehow I doubt it.

bvall24 9/27/18 1:24 PM

Bark up enough trees eventually you’ll get bit back. Bout time!!

tamati 9/27/18 1:29 PM

Tony promised a good track Ballou called him out Tony didn't like it. You know it can be done, The time levi passed everyone on the cushion in 1 and 2 did it twice. oh yeah Earl prepped the track, I guess he didn't tell Tony everything.

merice 9/27/18 10:34 PM

I agree with others . I will no longer support any future events that USAC has any dealings with . I was looking foreword to going to L-Burg this weekend since it is in my back door, but I'll just got to the fair instead . It's free.

cntrypg@aol.com 9/28/18 12:53 PM

Merice
You will be missing the real races

Kinser11 9/28/18 1:40 PM

People forget Indiana is a state, that has more then one non wing option. And that Ohio BOSS group, puts on a very good show.

EZ04 9/28/18 2:32 PM

Boss puts on an excellent show and 90% of the time has a larger field of cars than usac. Not to mention its been my experience that Boss thinks more about there competitors than they do about back gate ticket sales! I Look forward to continued success for the boss series.

modirt19 9/28/18 3:34 PM

I have read about 600-650 comments concerning this issue.
It is interesting to see that not one of you that have commented including myself sat in the meeting a few days ago or the previous meetings in 2016, 2017
We all know who may have showed up for USAC, but I'm pretty sure no one knows everyone who was sitting in the meeting that made this decision. The decision is based on past & present situations. 2016,2017,2018 that's a pattern & 3 strikes your out.
Its black & white-USAC as well as other organizations have rules put in place to protect their interest and the interest of drivers, fans, tracks, sponsors, etc... If you break the rules there are consequences. In this case a suspension. Speaking of sponsors, I would really like to know what Ballou's sponsor has to say about this. I'm sure he is a business man that probably doesn't want to see his business affected by this issue.
Mr. Ballou has the opportunity to go run with any other organization not affiliated with USAC but I bet he has to run by their rules. Is he going to say something through social media to hinder another organizations growth or other race tracks. Speaking of race tracks-You have Terre Haute, Eldora, Tri-State, Putnamville, Gas City, Kokomo, Perris, Knoxville, Lawrenceburg, PA tracks, & any other track - What if these tracks decided that they didn't need USAC or Mr. Ballou? Where are you going to watch non-wing or wing racing, Indy Sprint Week? Some have indicated Mr. Ballou could go run wing events-Hope there's a track that would welcome him. Most of the wing tracks I've visited is slick from bottom to the top or rubbered up. No cushion. But fast.
I prefer non wing and I like to watch Mr. Ballou drive his ass off. A lot of talent. Man shows up with a wheelbarrow full of balls.
Now he just needs some racers tape for his mouth.

captrat 9/28/18 4:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Longtime sprinter (Post 502819)

One always has a choice. It might not be your chosen one, but in this case there may have been a more honorable one.

Chief Wahoo 9/28/18 7:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cntrypg@aol.com (Post 502883)
You guys just don't get it. Ballou was not right in what he did. He was bashing the long time premier open wheel series in the nation and deserves what he got.
What do you expect from Tony? He was personally bashed by a guy that has enjoyed and won numerous races at his track.
The Ovals will be just as good without him.

Here's what I expect from Tony. He's dealt it out for years and still does, but he can't take it when someone calls him out. He resorts to calling them a pissy baby. Think the shoe is on the other foot there Tony. :10:

modirt19 9/28/18 8:29 PM

Packed crowd at Gas City

flagboy55 9/28/18 9:54 PM

I said from the beginning i would refrain from total judgement until I knew all the facts. Like I said I don’t know what was said at previous meetings. We may never know all the facts. And I’m not saying that he shouldn’t haven’t been punished, what I am saying is in no way does the punishment fit the crime. Someone remind me if anyone can remember this harsh or penalty for any reason? Yesterday Sean Buckley put out a free podcast on his jackslash. It was very interesting on this subject and you should give it a listen. The beginning of the thread was Thanks Robert. I say thanks to him as well. I don’t always agree with him but love his candidness. Agree or not, he’s almost always entertaining. And isn’t that why we go to the races in the first place?

Pat O'Connor Fan 9/28/18 10:24 PM

Well said, Steve. I definitely agree with your entire post.

revjimk 9/29/18 1:28 AM

I just think inability to take criticism (USAC) is a sign of weakness & insecurity (chickensh*&) They should be confident enough to let Ballou run his mouth.... controversy brings excitement, fans will be rooting for or against him, one way or the other. Who wants to see a bunch of "yes men"?

Sprint63122 9/29/18 2:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revjimk (Post 503009)
I just think inability to take criticism (USAC) is a sign of weakness & insecurity (chickensh*&) They should be confident enough to let Ballou run his mouth.... controversy brings excitement, fans will be rooting for or against him, one way or the other. Who wants to see a bunch of "yes men"?

Spot on post here and yes I will add Levi and Spridge can not handle criticism and one is highly jealous and all hide behind there comfy job titles at usuck and giving Robert credit for almost losing race dates is beyond hilarious this good ole boys club has lost a lot of dates and events the past few years because of the self centered attitudes they display and also because they can not draw fans to the tracks they go to Pevely is a good example for 2018 race no one in the stands and wow, Robert said nothing about the track. This was a lynch mob gathering with the clowns who did it to him nothing else. Remember how many nights the usac officials gathered around the tony stewart car to protect there pretty boy Levi for his stupid chit on the track more than once. Have watched many good people just walk away and get out because of this clubs actions they never learn and have no idea just a bunch of spoiled brats in there now.

Hamby454 9/29/18 6:54 AM

My opinion, nor anyone else’s here, matter. That being said I think Robert is a gasser. I’m not much of a fan but he has talent. My biggest complaint is all these people here calling it bs. Do you know the entire story? We’re you present for the previous meetings taking place over the last 3 seasons? You call usac crybabies saying that they can’t take criticism etc yet in reality you don’t know what took place. Several keep bringing up the Tony situation. He didn’t get banned for this one incident. There are several other incidents that have taken place over the years leading up to this moment. This line “the punishment doesn’t fit the crime” is total crap because you don’t know what the crime even is. Usac will go on and Ballou will go on, with or without your biased opinions.

wobbler 9/29/18 7:03 AM

Here's my 2 cents from outsider looking in from afar! Tell me any other employer that you let one of their employees publicly bash them without some sort of repercussions?? If you have an issue with your employer or anybody else for that matter, grow some balls and talk to them about your concerns directly, either by phone, email or in person. In this day and age with the technology available to everyone it is becoming easier and easier to hide behind a keyboard rather than doing the right thing like was done in years gone past!

I know I have been guilty of it in tha past and probably will be again in the future but that doesn't make it right and consequences are to be expected.

dshort36 9/29/18 9:48 AM

I say put Levi smoke and ballou on eldora track for a 50 lap race Winner take all losers stfu.

TKRacing 9/29/18 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dshort36 (Post 503019)
I say put Levi smoke and ballou on eldora track for a 50 lap race Winner take all losers stfu.

I got money on Levi

revjimk 9/29/18 11:55 AM

[QUOTE=wobbler;503013]Here's my 2 cents from outsider looking in from afar! Tell me any other employer that you let one of their employees publicly bash them without some sort of repercussions?? If you have an issue with your employer or anybody else for that matter, grow some balls and talk to them about your concerns directly, either by phone, email or in person. In this day and age with the technology available to everyone it is becoming easier and easier to hide behind a keyboard rather than doing the right thing like was done in years gone past!

I know I have been guilty of it in tha past and probably will be again in the future but that doesn't make it right and consequences are to be expected.[/QUOTE

True, it would have been more diplomatic for Ballou to complain in person rather than rant on a public forum. But even if they suspend him (which I think is too long), they should AT LEAST pay him for points he's already earned

Charles Nungester 9/29/18 12:14 PM

[quote=revjimk;503024]
Quote:

Originally Posted by wobbler (Post 503013)
Here's my 2 cents from outsider looking in from afar! Tell me any other employer that you let one of their employees publicly bash them without some sort of repercussions?? If you have an issue with your employer or anybody else for that matter, grow some balls and talk to them about your concerns directly, either by phone, email or in person. In this day and age with the technology available to everyone it is becoming easier and easier to hide behind a keyboard rather than doing the right thing like was done in years gone past!

I know I have been guilty of it in tha past and probably will be again in the future but that doesn't make it right and consequences are to be expected.[/QUOTE

True, it would have been more diplomatic for Ballou to complain in person rather than rant on a public forum. But even if they suspend him (which I think is too long), they should AT LEAST pay him for points he's already earned

I think they pay points to top ten, both drivers and car owners. My guess is he will be out of the top ten by seasons end. At least on the drivers side.

Kirk Spridgeon 9/29/18 12:33 PM

Dan,
Just hear to clear up some incorrect information from this & other recent posts. I am only concerned with facts.

2018 is one of the largest schedules in USAC Sprint Car Series history.
It contains the most races paying over $5,000 to win in USAC Sprint Car history.
If the rest of the schedule is completed, it will be the most events run in 40 years.
Pevely will be back in 2019.
This year is the most full-time USAC Sprint Car participants in at least 30 years.
The incident referenced at Kokomo last year resulted in fines, probation, and two crew members being banned for the balance of the season.

We stand at the trailer nightly, open to all questions, concerns, and criticism. This is told to all competitors, members or not, on a nightly basis.

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sprint63122 (Post 503010)
Spot on post here and yes I will add Levi and Spridge can not handle criticism and one is highly jealous and all hide behind there comfy job titles at usuck and giving Robert credit for almost losing race dates is beyond hilarious this good ole boys club has lost a lot of dates and events the past few years because of the self centered attitudes they display and also because they can not draw fans to the tracks they go to Pevely is a good example for 2018 race no one in the stands and wow, Robert said nothing about the track. This was a lynch mob gathering with the clowns who did it to him nothing else. Remember how many nights the usac officials gathered around the tony stewart car to protect there pretty boy Levi for his stupid chit on the track more than once. Have watched many good people just walk away and get out because of this clubs actions they never learn and have no idea just a bunch of spoiled brats in there now.

Chief Wahoo 9/29/18 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirk Spridgeon (Post 503027)
Dan,
Just hear to clear up some incorrect information from this & other recent posts. I am only concerned with facts.

2018 is one of the largest schedules in USAC Sprint Car Series history.
It contains the most races paying over $5,000 to win in USAC Sprint Car history.
If the rest of the schedule is completed, it will be the most events run in 40 years.
Pevely will be back in 2019.
This year is the most full-time USAC Sprint Car participants in at least 30 years.
The incident referenced at Kokomo last year resulted in fines, probation, and two crew members being banned for the balance of the season.

We stand at the trailer nightly, open to all questions, concerns, and criticism. This is told to all competitors, members or not, on a nightly basis.

Thanks!

So who are these Key Industry Track Partners?

"On September 25th, a meeting was held with Mr. Ballou, along with key industry track partners, to discuss the repeated concerns."

7horse 9/29/18 6:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo (Post 503029)
So who are these Key Industry Track Partners?

"On September 25th, a meeting was held with Mr. Ballou, along with key industry track partners, to discuss the repeated concerns."

Heard Rudisell and Stewart were there

minispeed 9/29/18 7:37 PM

Sorry Robert. First time all year the burg has a thick nasty cushion and you can’t be here to enjoy it!!!!!

7horse 9/29/18 8:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minispeed (Post 503046)
Sorry Robert. First time all year the burg has a thick nasty cushion and you can’t be here to enjoy it!!!!!

Yeah turn 3 looks nice and rough

interpreter66 9/29/18 8:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7horse (Post 503040)
Heard Rudisell and Stewart were there

Heard it from?

7horse 9/29/18 8:46 PM

interpreter66 9/29/18 8:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7horse (Post 503050)
The madman himself

That makes it more credible 👍