IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Thank you Robert Ballou (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=106406)

rclaridge 9/27/18 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Longtime sprinter (Post 502819)
I feel USAC did not have a choice. Tony has money and pull. I hate having the frickin social media get into our sport and tear it apart. I will be at Kokomo, Gas City, and Lawrenceburg, supporting the racers and teams that put their money and time, and even their lives on the line, to give the fans a terrific show each time.

Social media is kinda like alcohol...it’s great until you abuse it!

illinisprintfan 9/27/18 1:17 PM

Re: Thank you Robert Ballou

So the next time Stewart runs his mouth on social media, is USAC going to refuse to run races there to protect” their integrity and the integrity of motor sports “. He also has a ongoing history of bad behavior and inflammatory remarks. Somehow I doubt it.

bvall24 9/27/18 1:24 PM

Bark up enough trees eventually you’ll get bit back. Bout time!!

tamati 9/27/18 1:29 PM

Tony promised a good track Ballou called him out Tony didn't like it. You know it can be done, The time levi passed everyone on the cushion in 1 and 2 did it twice. oh yeah Earl prepped the track, I guess he didn't tell Tony everything.

merice 9/27/18 10:34 PM

I agree with others . I will no longer support any future events that USAC has any dealings with . I was looking foreword to going to L-Burg this weekend since it is in my back door, but I'll just got to the fair instead . It's free.

cntrypg@aol.com 9/28/18 12:53 PM

Merice
You will be missing the real races

Kinser11 9/28/18 1:40 PM

People forget Indiana is a state, that has more then one non wing option. And that Ohio BOSS group, puts on a very good show.

EZ04 9/28/18 2:32 PM

Boss puts on an excellent show and 90% of the time has a larger field of cars than usac. Not to mention its been my experience that Boss thinks more about there competitors than they do about back gate ticket sales! I Look forward to continued success for the boss series.

modirt19 9/28/18 3:34 PM

I have read about 600-650 comments concerning this issue.
It is interesting to see that not one of you that have commented including myself sat in the meeting a few days ago or the previous meetings in 2016, 2017
We all know who may have showed up for USAC, but I'm pretty sure no one knows everyone who was sitting in the meeting that made this decision. The decision is based on past & present situations. 2016,2017,2018 that's a pattern & 3 strikes your out.
Its black & white-USAC as well as other organizations have rules put in place to protect their interest and the interest of drivers, fans, tracks, sponsors, etc... If you break the rules there are consequences. In this case a suspension. Speaking of sponsors, I would really like to know what Ballou's sponsor has to say about this. I'm sure he is a business man that probably doesn't want to see his business affected by this issue.
Mr. Ballou has the opportunity to go run with any other organization not affiliated with USAC but I bet he has to run by their rules. Is he going to say something through social media to hinder another organizations growth or other race tracks. Speaking of race tracks-You have Terre Haute, Eldora, Tri-State, Putnamville, Gas City, Kokomo, Perris, Knoxville, Lawrenceburg, PA tracks, & any other track - What if these tracks decided that they didn't need USAC or Mr. Ballou? Where are you going to watch non-wing or wing racing, Indy Sprint Week? Some have indicated Mr. Ballou could go run wing events-Hope there's a track that would welcome him. Most of the wing tracks I've visited is slick from bottom to the top or rubbered up. No cushion. But fast.
I prefer non wing and I like to watch Mr. Ballou drive his ass off. A lot of talent. Man shows up with a wheelbarrow full of balls.
Now he just needs some racers tape for his mouth.

captrat 9/28/18 4:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Longtime sprinter (Post 502819)
I feel USAC did not have a choice. Tony has money and pull. I hate having the frickin social media get into our sport and tear it apart. I will be at Kokomo, Gas City, and Lawrenceburg, supporting the racers and teams that put their money and time, and even their lives on the line, to give the fans a terrific show each time.

One always has a choice. It might not be your chosen one, but in this case there may have been a more honorable one.