IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   bill gardner up date (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=79094)

brian2h 7/28/14 10:17 AM

bill gardner up date

bill was sent home on friday under hospice care he is not doing very good he has only been awake a couple times once for 40 min. the other was brief. talked to his mom a few min. ago she said the nurse said maybe a couple more days. his father in law is putting togather a couple of fund raisers one will be a golf outing i will post the details as soon as i get them. so sad he is truly a great guy i dont think they made a bigger race fan. he has taking the white flag just hope we can get a yellow so we can get a few extra laps

mowerman 7/28/14 10:45 AM

Re: bill gardner up date

Dang hate to hear this .

Jerry Spencer 7/28/14 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brian2h (Post 385701)
bill was sent home on friday under hospice care he is not doing very good he has only been awake a couple times once for 40 min. the other was brief. talked to his mom a few min. ago she said the nurse said maybe a couple more days. his father in law is putting togather a couple of fund raisers one will be a golf outing i will post the details as soon as i get them. so sad he is truly a great guy i dont think they made a bigger race fan. he has taking the white flag just hope we can get a yellow so we can get a few extra laps

Thank you Brian for the update, has to be very hard on you as I know how close you two are. We are praying for the yellow to come out.

Jerry, Sarah, Josh, Shannon, Paul, Audrey, Hadley and Sonny Spencer #66j
stida.com / Halfmoon Resturant & Brewery
www.joshspencer.com and on Facebook @ Spencer Racing

jim goerge 7/28/14 10:55 AM

Brian Thanks for posting. As Jerry said know how close you and Bill are . So sorry to hear this as so many IOW'ers are. Hopeing for a yellow. We'll keep praying for Bill and his family

Leohr46 7/28/14 10:55 AM

He and his family is in our prayers. Anthony Leohr and family.

jim goerge 7/28/14 11:00 AM

Brian Thanks for posting. As Jerry said know how close you and Bill are . So sorry to hear this as so many IOW'ers are. Hopeing for a yellow. We'll keep praying for Bill and his family I love going to Putnamville but its not going to be the same without seeing Bill on his golf cart

jim goerge 7/28/14 11:01 AM

Brian Thanks for posting. As Jerry said know how close you and Bill are . So sorry to hear this as so many IOW'ers are. Hopeing for a yellow. We'll keep praying for Bill and his family I love going to Putnamville but its not going to be the same without seeing Bill on his golf cart :(

Gregg 7/28/14 11:13 AM

We always knew this was a possibility but knowing this is coming to pass is very sad. Bill is an inspiration to us all in so many ways. I will pray for that yellowto come out.

rightrear 7/28/14 11:38 AM

Thank You Brian.
Bill and I have talked at the track. I think he is accepting this a lot better than any of us. My prayers to the family and to you Brian.

kcarm92 7/28/14 11:46 AM

Thanks for updating Brian praying for Bill and family and you know how close you and him are.

brian2h 7/28/14 12:04 PM

bill took the checker flag at 10:40 he will b missed by all i will post the arrangements when i get them. its a sad sad day.

itsanonwingthing 7/28/14 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brian2h (Post 385724)
bill took the checker flag at 10:40 he will b missed by all i will post the arrangements when i get them. its a sad sad day.

SO SAD:13:, R.I.P. BILL, thoughts are with his family and friends.

Gregg 7/28/14 12:13 PM

I am so sorry. Prayers to Shondra and the rest of her family, and to his racing family. Very sorry Brian.

Eatin Dirt 7/28/14 12:16 PM

R.I.P. Bill. Never had the opportunity to meet and talk, but what an inspiration you have been to so many.

cmakin 7/28/14 12:19 PM

RIP, Bill. Very sad to hear of his passing. At least he is free of the pain.

RATHER B RACING 7/28/14 12:20 PM

R.i.p Bill keep the fuel stick handy

pepprdig 7/28/14 12:23 PM

Thoughts and Prayers to the family.

Newport13 7/28/14 12:23 PM

Sad to hear. Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.

cowboyhar69 7/28/14 12:24 PM

Haven't been on here for a couple of days....Sure hate to hear this news...Deepest condolences to his family.

Fred Zirzow 7/28/14 12:26 PM

RIP, Bill. Very sad to hear of his passing.Thoughts and Prayers to the family.

STIDA.com 7/28/14 12:29 PM

R. I. P.

Rpracing1 7/28/14 12:29 PM

RIP Bill..............

RATHER B RACING 7/28/14 12:31 PM

R.i.p Billl keep the fuel stick handy.

Great Scott 7/28/14 12:32 PM

Very sad to hear this news. RIP Bill

IN RACE FAN 7/28/14 12:34 PM

Very sad news. RIP Bill

CTtoPA 7/28/14 12:39 PM

RIP Bill

flatout18 7/28/14 12:44 PM

Sad to hear. Thoughts and prayers for the family.

Tony Barhorst 7/28/14 12:47 PM

Very sorry to hear this. Bill built a great, successful forum here with the help of all you regulars. I enjoyed working with him on advertising on the site. Thoughts are with his family. He put up quite a battle for a long time. #Godspeed

Tony Barhorst
www.rumbleseries.com

JakeCroxton 7/28/14 12:49 PM

Thoughts from CILTRAK and the MOWA Sprint Car Series...

SprintManDave 7/28/14 12:50 PM

So sad to hear,and Prayers to Shondra and Family,and friends. He was a great guy.

Danny Burton 7/28/14 12:51 PM

We've lost a good man, a super race fan and a quality human being who showed us how to fight against the odds.

But we can take comfort somewhat in knowing that his suffering is over. We pray that he's in a better place, maybe even doing some bench racing with those who have gone before him.

Our prayers are directed toward Bill's wife and the rest of his family. May they find comfort in their sorrow.

Brian Hayden, often I stop by and say hello, but didn't on Saturday before the rains came. Maybe I was afraid of what you would tell me. You, sir, was what a good friend should be for Bill.

Godspeed, Bill. What a friend you have been. What an inspiration you will be for those of us still here.

Danny Burton

4wheelsinthekoosh 7/28/14 12:52 PM

Well this sucks @ss. Brian please let me know when or if you are still going to do the golf outing I know I could get a group of four together for a team and I also got some stuff in the shop for an auction if that would help also.

loosewheel 7/28/14 12:55 PM

RIP Bill

I Miss Manzy 7/28/14 1:00 PM

I am saddened by this news,but for a selfish reason. That being I never had the chance to meet and talk with Bill. My thoughts are with his family at this time. R.I.P. Bill and thank you for all you did for our sport.

Ty 7/28/14 1:00 PM

RIP Bill...

griffithracing 7/28/14 1:05 PM

RIP Bill..... :(

Seadog 7/28/14 1:08 PM

RIP Bill

bigq11 7/28/14 1:08 PM

RIP Bill

#1Brad Kuhn Fan 7/28/14 1:09 PM

Rip bill

BigWheel7 7/28/14 1:11 PM

My condolences for Bill's family and closest friends.