IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   POWRi Season Opener DuQuoin, IL. Saturday, March 27th (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=30008)

gateway 3/22/10 2:09 PM

POWRi Season Opener DuQuoin, IL. Saturday, March 27th

Millstadt, IL - Don't miss the ground pounding, wheel standing action of POWRi National Midgets and 600cc Outlaw Micro Sprint Racing as the series returns to action in the Southern Illinois Center at the DuQuoin State Fair Grounds Saturday, March 27th. The 3rd Annual “Dean King” Memorial will kick off the 2010 POWRi racing season for both the National Midgets and the 600cc Outlaw Micro Sprints.

Dean King was a pioneer in Micro Sprint racing and his family from nearby Vienna, IL continues to honor him with this annual event. 2009 Dean King Memorial National Midget winner and reigning POWRi Champ, Brad Kuhn, will look to start the season off with a victory as he begins his title defense as well as 2007 POWRi Champion “Mr. Excitement” Brad Loyet. Kuhn and Loyet will have to hold off favorites such as Dave Darland, Zach Daum, Mike Hess, Casey Shuman, Nick Knepper, Tim Siner, and Austin Brown who are looking to start the season off strong as well.

Gregg Dillion of Marshall, IL won the 600cc Micro Sprint event in 2009 and will have heavy competition for the season opener including three time POWRi Micro Sprint Champ Dereck King. Joe B. Miller, Jacob Patton, Ryan Guyett, Jeremy Camp along with Brandon & Caleb Graybeal will be looking to start this years 33 race schedule off with a WIN.

Doors open at 3:00; hot laps begin at 4:00, with racing immediately following. General Admission is $12, with kids 6 and under free.

ronmil 3/22/10 7:40 PM

Re: POWRi Season Opener DuQuoin, IL. Saturday, March 27th

I plan to attend. Absolutely no chance of a rainout! :3:

miledirt 3/22/10 10:54 PM

So double D, Dave Darland will be at DuQuoin Saturday night?

buck2 3/22/10 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miledirt (Post 161591)
So double D, Dave Darland will be at DuQuoin Saturday night?

Yep, in the Bergfield 86

K-Dawg30 3/23/10 11:38 AM

I will be there rootin on Shane Cockrum in the 14c!:8:

sborden93 3/23/10 1:22 PM

It sure was a great show last year I plan to go this year also.

petey 3/23/10 1:25 PM

I'm planning on making the short trip up. Just about every race I've seen there was great esp. the finishes. Little bitty track but the midgets and micros put on a terrific show and the crowd keeps getting bigger and bigger each time I go. If you've never been there before, go because it's the only time they'll race there this year.

Is Shuman running for Loyet again?

ronmil 3/23/10 2:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buck2 (Post 161593)
Yep, in the Bergfield 86

Well, this may cause my wife to change her plans and come to the race!

DonMoore10 3/23/10 3:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petey (Post 161618)
Is Shuman running for Loyet again?

no

mortboyz 3/24/10 7:35 AM

Maybe Casey will be in the Don Moore 10?