IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Midget Square Tail Tank (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=65387)

DonMoore10 12/30/12 2:17 PM

Midget Square Tail Tank

The square midget tail tank showed up at Fort Wayne this weekend. It was rumored that the owner of the car was verbally defending it as USAC legal. Here it is straight from the USAC 2012 technical rule book:

Car Construction / Body

F. Only standard type Midget Car bodies, tail tanks and hoods will be permitted.. :13:

Wayne Davis 12/30/12 2:21 PM

Re: Midget Square Tail Tank

Quote:

Originally Posted by donmoore10 (Post 313710)
the square midget tail tank showed up at fort wayne this weekend. It was rumored that the owner of the car was verbally defending it as usac legal. Here it is straight from the usac 2012 technical rule book:

Car construction / body

f. Only standard type midget car bodies, tail tanks and hoods will be permitted.. :13:

hope they threw him out...wait guess they could have given him a chose ...replace it or go home:8:

DonMoore10 12/30/12 2:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa Outlaw (Post 313711)
hope they threw him out...wait guess they could have given him a chose ...replace it or go home:8:

You have got to be kidding. That guy is king of the "free passes".

treecitytornado 12/30/12 2:30 PM

Was it just Tony or Fedorcak's car too?

Posted via Mobile Device

DonMoore10 12/30/12 2:33 PM

It was the "Our Gang Comedy" car. Apparently the crowd was not too happy with the whole package. There was loud applause and cheering last night when the car left the arena on a fork lift.

Midget 89 12/30/12 2:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonMoore10 (Post 313714)
It was the "Our Gang Comedy" car. Apparently the crowd was not too happy with the whole package. There was loud applause and cheering last night when the car left the arena on a fork lift.

What car number?

hairracer44 12/30/12 2:45 PM

Not a fan of the square tail tank myself but it wasn't a USAC event and if the Rumble promoters want to let them run square tank that is their decision. I'm sure there a few cars at Ft. Wayne that wouldn't fit USAC rules. Be thankful there is some open wheel racing in December when there is a foot or more snow on the ground in parts of Indiana. Wish they would run DuQuion more than once in the winter time.

Andrew S. Quinn 12/30/12 2:46 PM

Is the Rumble a USAC sanctioned event?

Buster51 12/30/12 2:58 PM

Wow who cares,its indoor race don't recall it being a sanctioned race. It was good racing, I always like to see the old vw's come out that the big money guys drove to the barn.

Posted via Mobile Device

racefan20 12/30/12 3:07 PM

Not to be defending him/her(I wasnt there so I dont know who the driver was) but doesnt that rule leave ALOT to interpretation?