IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Mansfield (OH) $100,000 to win Sprints. April 27-28 2018. (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=100350)

nathans1012 8/7/17 4:54 PM

Mansfield (OH) $100,000 to win Sprints. April 27-28 2018.

Per the Mansfield Motor Speedway Facebook Page
Breaking News - $100,000 to win Sprint Car World Championship set for April 27th & 28th 2018 at Mansfield Motor Speedway! Top 3 finishers of this weekends Great Lakes Dirt Nationals to be locked into next years event. Full story in link below
Link - http://www.mansfieldmotorspeedway.com/SCWC_2018/

http://i64.tinypic.com/4fwrgk.jpg

robert gatten 8/7/17 5:07 PM

Re: Mansfield (OH) $100,000 to win Sprints. April 27-28 201

This is great. Now if they would put together a program for non wingers it would be even more impressive .:8:

Charles Nungester 8/7/17 5:09 PM

Says that the top three will lock themselves into the race This Weekend. That should draw a few Posse and Many beyond the C Main at Knoxville.

Im really hoping this track will host a big $$ Non Wing race. Doesn't have to be 50-100k but 20-30k something like that Rival the Oval Nationals, Id hold it the weekend after Indiana Sprintweek The back straight deal has me curious. Could be a layered Patio hillside built or something

nathans1012 8/7/17 9:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robert gatten (Post 479639)
This is great. Now if they would put together a program for non wingers it would be even more impressive .:8:

Would be cool to see.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Nungester (Post 479640)
Says that the top three will lock themselves into the race This Weekend. That should draw a few Posse and Many beyond the C Main at Knoxville.

Im really hoping this track will host a big $$ Non Wing race. Doesn't have to be 50-100k but 20-30k something like that Rival the Oval Nationals, Id hold it the weekend after Indiana Sprintweek The back straight deal has me curious. Could be a layered Patio hillside built or something

Night # 1 Qualifying, Heats, B-Mains, & twin $5,000 to win $500 to start features. Night #2 Heats, B-Mains, and a $30,000 to win and $3,000 to start A-Main. Non-qualifiers race $3,000 to win & $500 to start would draw some cars plus maybe Midgets as a support class. Could be a successful show if promoted right

david mitchell 8/7/17 9:37 PM

Why do all the massive paying shows have to be for winged cars.can anyone in this galaxy answer that question.i like both,but come on.why some promoter won't do this for traditional sprint cars is beyond comprehension.are they scared that they will not get a crowd big enough.i want all opinions.

BrentTFunk 8/7/17 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david mitchell (Post 479650)
Why do all the massive paying shows have to be for winged cars.can anyone in this galaxy answer that question.i like both,but come on.why some promoter won't do this for traditional sprint cars is beyond comprehension.are they scared that they will not get a crowd big enough.i want all opinions.

I think it is because non wing teams and fans do not support higher paying shows. In a couple of weeks there is a $10,000 to win and $1000 to start show that will not draw a super high car count. I think this will be interesting because checking the Outlaw and All Star schedule they both ran that weekend. The Outlaws were at Plymouth on Friday and Haubstadt on Saturday. The All Stars were at Williams Grove and I believe Port Royal. I doubt any of those tracks will want to give up those dates. This could be interesting as only the winners share has been announced. If the All Stars and the Outlaws run their traditional dates, what kind of car count and names would be left?

Charles Nungester 8/7/17 10:33 PM

Outside Central IN there just isn't a big NW fan base, It's growing with the BOSS and WAR but it's nothing compared to the Iowa, PA, SD, OH, NY wing base that say show for the Kings Royal and stuff. Also during those big shows, The Knox Nationals, Kings Royal. Many tracks shut down.

I really don't know what all when on with Husets. Seems there's 20-30 weekends a year, seems like every track could have a couple big dates if they wanted em, But lets Lock teams in with loyalty contracts, boycott and badmouth till it doesn't exist anymore.

Hope that doesn't happen with Mansfield.

Used to be tracks started their own Non Sanction shows, grew em into a few big events and then WoO would come in as a sanction body. Now if they can't be part of it from the get go. The whole WRG boycotts.

dsc1600 8/7/17 11:12 PM

David Gravel has already tweeted basically begging the Outlaws to sanction it or if not, leave the weekend open. The drivers will be very mad if they have to run for a regular purse that weekend.

motorhead748 8/8/17 6:22 AM

Why are all the big paying shows ran winged? It's simple. There are 2 reasons. Middle to lower budget non wing teams don't support bigger paying shows. Secondly outside of Indiana NW does not have nearly as big a fan base.

Jerry Spencer 8/8/17 12:11 PM

I will hold my opinion on this until the end of the season.

Jerry #66j