IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Arin McIntosh Information (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=10341)

mcintosh34 10/13/08 7:33 PM

Arin McIntosh Information

To all of those wishing to find information on Arin's condition and where to send cards, the hospital has a website where we will post information daily. The website is www.carepages.com. Just type in Arin McIntosh in the search window. I will continue to comment here when time allows. There has been no significant changes since my last post. Thanks to everyone for all of your thoughts and prayers. We have read every post to Arin and have to believe she hears every word. Robert, Alda and Arin McIntosh

Jerry Spencer 10/13/08 7:53 PM

Re: Arin McIntosh Information

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcintosh34 (Post 69605)
To all of those wishing to find information on Arin's condition and where to send cards, the hospital has a website where we will post information daily. The website is www.carepages.com. Just type in Arin McIntosh in the search window. I will continue to comment here when time allows. There has been no significant changes since my last post. Thanks to everyone for all of your thoughts and prayers. We have read every post to Arin and have to believe she hears every word. Robert, Alda and Arin McIntosh

This needs to stay at the top.

Jerry #66j
www.joshspencer.com

Jerry Shaw 10/13/08 8:15 PM

For those of you who were registered for Drake Besecker's Care Page, you won't have to re-register. It's the same system, so your user name and password are the same.

Jerry

Jerry Spencer 10/13/08 8:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw (Post 69630)
For those of you who were registered for Drake Besecker's Care Page, you won't have to re-register. It's the same system, so your user name and password are the same.

Jerry

Thank you for the info.
Jerry #66j
www.joshspencer.com

kennysdad 10/13/08 8:27 PM

Your family has been in our thoughts since we first heard of the accident, just minutes after it happened, and have remained there ever since. I have been in contact with Kevin Briscoe frequently since then to check on Arin's condition, and am available to help in any way possible, as I told Kevin. Please, please don't hesitate to ask if there is anything at all that we can do since we live so close. You have no idea how many people in and out of the racing community that are hoping and praying for Arin to get better just as soon as she possibly can.

Thoughts and prayers to you all.
Trent & Kenny Niflis

9racing 10/14/08 11:44 PM

ttt...

Best wishes to your speedy recovery

Jerry Spencer 10/15/08 1:50 AM

Back on top.

Jerry #66j
www.joshspencer.com

mcintosh34 10/15/08 10:39 AM

Arin is now in her 4th day since the accident. There has been some positve indications, but also some setbacks. The best way to put it at this point is that she is holding her own, and that in and of itself is a step forward. Without going into a lot of detail, if she can maintain her status for another 36 hours, then the options open up in her treatment. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers, and don't hesitate to post if you have a story you'd like to share. We read them all to her and I am sure hearing them gives her one more reason to hold on. Arin loves racing, not just the competition, but everything about racing. You are all part of that, and she knows you are pulling for her. I can assure you, she's fighting this with everything she has. Win or lose, she has always given 100%. I have rambled on long enough. Just let me say thanks once again for all the support . Robert and Alda McIntosh

GFMMInc 10/15/08 10:57 AM

bump

ThrottleHead 10/15/08 11:04 AM

Thanks again Robert for the updates. We are continuing to keep Arin and your family in our thoughts and prayers. Arin is role model for girls like my daughter Amber. She sees what Arin does and says if she can race I can too. I belive that is the case with many girls out there. More girls like Arin are needed in racing... You have other females that have talent but no personality. Arin has both.
Keep up the good fight Arin and we shall see you the racetrack soon! Let us at talk2drivers know if there is anything we can do!
Posted via Mobile Device

jim turner 10/15/08 11:19 AM

:applaud: Arin, remember when we first started racing together I had that old white car and I finaly got so frustrated with it one night and put my steering wheel through the hood? And then about a year ago we were at Linton and I was having a really frustrating night and you came over to the car as I was getting out and took my steering wheel away. It just made my night! Just remember that we will always be a team and whatever happens I will be there for you.

Jim

Jerry Spencer 10/15/08 5:26 PM

Has a fund been set up yet? I am sure being off of work and staying at the hospital is getting expensive plus the incoming bills. Thank you for any info.

Jerry #66j
www.joshspencer.com

LTEMDLFAN 10/15/08 5:37 PM

Rob and alda,
thank you for updating us on arin's condition.we are from a small family,and community,so we know how much friends and family mean to you.i pray the support you get from us as a racing community will empower you to stay the course and see arin through this tough time.i know all my family and friends are praying for her,and your family also.
Maybe someday arin can meet all of her new fans,and chat,but for now we will continue to pray for her .may god bless her,your family,and bring you success in this healing process.
Jay turner
t&t racing 49
walton,ky
jayturner49@hotmail.com

black1986 10/15/08 5:56 PM

You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. Wish you only the best in your recovery!!!! God Bless!!!!!!!

riskybrisky5 10/15/08 8:17 PM

Jerry hopefully by next week I will have an account open so people can donate to the family. I am also going to put together a dinner and silent auction here locally. But I will probably auction items here again also. So if people have anything to donate financially or items for the auction please get with me.

Dirtfan 10/15/08 8:28 PM

Kevin, Thanks for doing all of this. Maybe at Kokomo Friday a collection can be taken up as has been in the past for other Racers misfortunes.

pgray 10/16/08 12:11 AM

Ttt.

At least one of the 3 Arin McIntosh threads should get pinned to the top ... probably this one , as started by her father.

Maybe someone can have Bill Gardner do this for everyone's benefit as we all want to follow news of her recovery ! :)
Thanks.

Bill Gardner 10/16/08 7:25 AM

I've been out in left field lately. Thread is now pinned at the top... Get well soon Arin!

ChaplainJackie 10/16/08 8:31 AM

To all the McIntosh family,
There are many many people from racing ministries that have been praying for Arin and your family and will keep praying for her. I pray for God's will in your life's and the peace that surpasses all understanding for your family.
God Bless you all

Mike Reed 10/16/08 4:07 PM

Just a note from the Reed family wishing Arin a fast recovery, over the last couple years we have all developed a soft spot for Arin and Bob, good racers and good friends. If you need anything let us know.. Jack, Tony, and Debbie. Best wishs, Mike Reed.

lovethedirt 10/16/08 4:43 PM

GOD BLESS Arin McIntosh

God bless arin, i will keep you and your family in my prayers...

nutracer 10/16/08 6:09 PM

Re: GOD BLESS Arin McIntosh

thoughts and prayers to her and her family

BigD 10/16/08 6:59 PM

Thoughts and Prayers, couldn't ask for better people.

rhamilton91 10/16/08 9:26 PM

thoughts and prayers for Arin and her family from the Hamilton family...

fishnman 10/16/08 9:43 PM

In my prayers every night, every morning. Get well soon.

Dave Reese

JasonWatt 10/16/08 9:50 PM

The following information is a direct copy from the carepages.com page that Arin's parents have setup for her. I am sure most check this page but if there is anyone who doesn't I will post these updates here.

Hello everyone. The prayers are working. There have been no seizures today and the fever is lower. The doctors must feel confident in her progress because they removed the brain wave monitor (EEG) and she appears to be resting well. With aggressive stimulation, she was again able to lift two right fingers, her right thumb and wiggle her left toes slightly today. They test her like that every hour and she was able to complete those motions three times today. She also opened her eyes slightly once or twice. The critical 5 day period is over. She made it through without additional injury. God is good. Thank you everyone for your help and support. --Alda & Rob

I have all your family and friends in my prayers Alda & Rob...

Jason Watt

8 up 10/16/08 10:30 PM

Just wanted to let you know we are thinking and praying for you all.
Hang in there and stay strong!
Dont hesitate to call if you need anything.
Keith & Debbie Nees
Lynn & Sara Collins
Richard & Kathy Booe

younggun398 10/17/08 8:48 AM

Thanks for all the updates, I am happy to hear that things are improving. Although the improvements are slow they are still improvements. Arin, you got a good head on ur shoulders and i know you will pull through. I just recently this year got to know Arin and am thankful for that, she is a great person as well as a great driver. Stay on the gas to recovery Arin. You and your family are in my familys as well as my thoughts and prayers. Get Well Soon.
Sincerely,
Chad Boespflug #98

Gregg 10/17/08 7:18 PM

Another update on the carepages. Sounds good, really good.:thumb

http://www.carepages.com/carepages/A...pdates/1774550

Keith Ford 10/19/08 8:54 AM

God be with Arin & her family, please put her on a prayer chain

rkbrewer83 10/21/08 8:52 AM

Words cannot express how sad we were to hear about Arin's accident. We are all pulling for you, and we continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

-Ryan and Barry @ Brewer Racing-

HOOK'EN THE CUSHION 10/24/08 6:42 PM

All of us at John Demoss Racing would like to send our heart felt thoughts and prayers to Arin and her family, we pray that god will give u strengh through the days to come. Remember, prayer works!:

pletchfan 10/25/08 11:04 PM

Great News today from the McIntosh family.
Saturday, 10/25/08, 4:30 p.m.

Arin cleared a major hurdle today. She is starting to communicate. Yesterday, she was able to use sign language to sign yes and no. Today, we put her in her wheelchair and she leaned toward her bed and said "bed"! We were delighted. Later she spoke "Dad" then later "mother" and a few hours later she said, "I wanna lay down". Hopefully, this break through will reduce some of her frustration. There are so many hurdles left, and she will have to fight her way over each and every one. We see the determination in her eyes; the same look we have seen whenever she faced a challenge in her life. She knows she is not in this alone, that her family and friends are standing right here, cheering her on. God's love is surrounding her and helping her take these steps forward. Thank you everyone. You have been such a blessing. --Rob & Alda McIntosh

Prayer does work everyone keep praying. Blessings and healing to Arin.

Staples86 10/26/08 8:43 PM

Keep up the great improvement Arin!!
This racing community backs you 110% ...you are strong

Pat O'Connor Fan 10/27/08 7:28 PM

Another great Arin report by Alda on Care Pages a couple hours ago.
We just need to keep praying for her continued recovery.

dirtracer_44k 10/29/08 11:09 AM

Keep up the great improvement Arin.

KennyBiro22 10/29/08 5:32 PM

Arin, it was good to see how much better you are doing. Keep up the good work and make sure they no how bad the food is. Let me no when i can bring you a pizza.

Kenny:)

Leah Schuerenberg 10/29/08 9:27 PM

God Bless You, Arin! We are praying for you.
Rick, Leah, Hunter, and Kramer Schuerenberg

fast83 10/30/08 11:08 PM

Frm Barry and Ryan Brewer we say our prayers daily for Erin, she is in our thoughts every minute, please keep us informed as to where she is, we would love to see her,and prayfor her, to get better soon, racing is fun, but our kids are so special, anything you neeed just holler, or call us 812 267 5173 or 812 267-5172, please call home 812 364 4825 late if need be. Erins tough, she will be ok, we love erin...........barry and ryan brewer

MIKE HEIMEL 11/1/08 4:48 PM

Test