IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   State of the union (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=1592)

Al Soran 10/25/07 9:40 AM

State of the union

A number of us, including myself at times, like to cry "the sky in falling," and suggest that sprint car racing is on a downward spiral. Truth is, that is a difficult thing to measure. I am wondering if anyone out there has an old copy of the National Sprint Car Directory, say from 1990 or so, and if perhaps the same person, or another, would have a copy of the 2006 Directory. It would be a crude study, but the directories list most drivers and the state they are from. If someone could simply count the number of drivers from each year, it would shed some light as to how many sprint car racers there are now as compared to 16 years or so ago. A guy could even check just Indiana. What do you think?

Charles Nungester 10/25/07 10:42 AM

Re: State of the union

Nevermind, Don't have the sprint car directory
Chuck

Bubba Smith 10/25/07 5:00 PM

I have them and the answer might surprise you. :thumb:

Al Soran 10/25/07 5:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubba Smith (Post 15601)
I have them and the answer might surprise you. :thumb:

Hey Bubba, I'm here to learn. Maybe there are at least as many or more today than ten+ years ago. I hope so. I believe the debate over the future of sprint car racing goes way back, and I am just digging for some kind of evidence to show it's weak or strong. Can you take a look and share some numbers with us?

Charles Nungester 10/25/07 6:34 PM

any way to specify how many of then and now are either unregulated or 410?

Chuck, who thinks if the 410 numbers are way down. Thats saying something about cost.

Bubba Smith 10/25/07 7:36 PM

There's more sprint cars racing in America today than 10 years ago but not as many 410's. The 360's and 305's have taken some of the numbers away. And remember the 305 thing hasn't been around for that long.

Rex W. 10/25/07 7:45 PM

If i counted right there are 1181 names listed in the 1990 National Sprint car Annual.........for what ever thats worth.

dkdorkboy 10/25/07 7:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rex W. (Post 15615)
If i counted right there are 1181 names listed in the 1990 National Sprint car Annual.........for what ever thats worth.

I'll second that.:thumb:

Pine 10/25/07 7:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rex W. (Post 15615)

Rex, did you say something:rolling: WOWZA

Eric C 10/25/07 7:56 PM

Rex,
Thats the longest amount of time I have spent reading such a short post.:applaud:

Eric