IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Stolen Uniform! (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=43393)

DJ Ott22 2/19/11 12:36 AM

Stolen Uniform!

Just got word from Chase Stockon that his uniform was stolen from Ocala...black and white hinchman with his name and sponsors on it...also said some others got theirs stolen...if anyone sees them please pm me or get ahold of the drivers tomorrow
Posted via Mobile Device

terrehautian 2/19/11 12:48 AM

Re: Stolen Uniform!

I hate hearing this. I don't understand why either. You can't sell it for anyone since it has been personalized. I don't know how hard it is to remove names, but it would leave a mark. You can't really sell these locals uniforms as collectors items (no offense to the local guys). There are idiots out there to steal anything.

DJ Ott22 2/19/11 12:57 AM

Said 5 other drivers were victims Cottle being one
Posted via Mobile Device

CTtoPA 2/19/11 1:41 AM

How does someone gain access to this stuff?
Posted via Mobile Device

USAC Fan 2/19/11 2:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CTtoPA (Post 214737)
How does someone gain access to this stuff?
Posted via Mobile Device

Next time you're at a race, walk through the pits right as the feature goes green. You'll see how.

apexonephoto 2/19/11 9:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USAC Fan (Post 214743)
Next time you're at a race, walk through the pits right as the feature goes green. You'll see how.

You are right about that. Racing is expensive enough without having to worry about this happening. I think a lot of times we expect to be among like minded people with the same ideals as us.

Charles Nungester 2/19/11 10:39 AM

Because 99.9 percent of the time racing is attended by racing lovers who only wish everyone best for the sport. People get comfortable leaving their doors unlocked in generally crime free areas.

It takes one bad apple to ruin it for everyone and create hastles in going about your daily business.

I hate liars and theives. PERIOD! This seems to crop up every year at different tracks around the country. Sad.........

c47 2/19/11 1:18 PM

a couple suggestions (besides leaving someone in the trailer to "guard")
1) motion sensing alarm....turn it on when you leave for the stands
2) big ass rottweiler (this was our choice.....musta worked cause we never had anything missing :) )

1st 2/19/11 1:43 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are some pics of Chase's uniform that was stolen, what low lifes!!! He especially had a ovarian cancer ribbon stitched on front as a surprise for me.
very disappointed and unhappy mother and car owner. Laura Stockon

Attachment 3623

reeserx 2/19/11 2:44 PM

Thats sad, gotta worry about doing good on the track, but now gotta worry about getting your stuff stolen, how sad
Posted via Mobile Device