Indiana Open Wheel

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sprint Cars Back At SHADYHILL SATURDAY (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=35493)

shadyhilltower 8/4/10 9:19 PM

Sprint Cars Back At SHADYHILL SATURDAY

:2: Sprints are back at Shadyhill Speedway for the first time in many years. The AMERICAN SPRINT CAR TOUR will be in attendance Saturday August 7th. We are looking forward at the track for this as non wing sprints in the old day put on a great show. We hope to see a lot new faces at "THE HILL" Hotlaps 6:15 Racing at 7:00ET. For Directions go to shadyhillspeedway.com.

Wallsracing 8/5/10 7:50 AM

Re: Sprint Cars Back At SHADYHILL SATURDAY

Grab you a$$ and hang on how will the drivers be paid :2:

Originally Posted by shadyhilltower:
:2: Sprints are back at shadyhill speedway for the first time in many years. The american sprint car tour will be in attendance saturday august 7th. We are looking forward at the track for this as non wing sprints in the old day put on a great show. We hope to see a lot new faces at "the hill" hotlaps 6:15 racing at 7:00et. For directions go to shadyhillspeedway.com.

nathans1012 8/5/10 8:06 PM

Originally Posted by Wallsracing:
Grab you a$$ and hang on how will the drivers be paid :2:

You probably don't know Shadyhill Speedway like I do. Shadyhill Speedway always pays its drivers weekly or with a touring series in cash. Trust me the promoter could live off that place; he has the money....

mosley 8/5/10 8:10 PM

Do You Qualify? And Whats The Purse?

nathans1012 8/5/10 8:14 PM

Originally Posted by mosley:
Do You Qualify? And Whats The Purse?

I think they will qualify and the purse is $1,000 to win, $200 to start, $100 guaranteed show up / tow money, 25 Laps

DonMoore10 8/5/10 8:18 PM

We are still waiting on the $400 from the Montpelier race......

nathans1012 8/5/10 8:26 PM

Originally Posted by DonMoore10:
We are still waiting on the $400 from the Montpelier race......

What happen at that event?

Wallsracing 8/5/10 10:15 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

He has the money does but does the series of ty money

Originally Posted by nathans1012:
You probably don't know Shadyhill Speedway like I do. Shadyhill Speedway always pays its drivers weekly or with a touring series in cash. Trust me the promoter could live off that place; he has the money....

Posted via Mobile Device

Dirtfan 8/5/10 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by donmoore10:
we are still waiting on the $400 from the montpelier race......

Originally Posted by wallsracing:
anything with mr gurley and mr stapp. U gott beware of everything.nathan u know so much about johns series but don't know what happened at mountpeiler..yeah ok i heard it from a pretty good source that mr hazen is still waitin on 1200.00 bucks
posted via mobile device

:15::15:

chadyracing 8/6/10 12:35 PM

John, Thanks for the call but we are in knoxville this weekend.
Dan

Mud Packer 8/6/10 1:39 PM

The shills for the series haven't been heard from in some time now. What has happened?:37:

treecitytornado 8/6/10 2:01 PM

Mr. Stapp does not have a thing to do with the financial end of the ASCT!!

Thank you,

J.T. Stapp

Wallsracing 8/6/10 2:31 PM

What about other peoples torn up racecars :2:

Originally Posted by treecitytornado:
mr. Stapp does not have a thing to do with the financial end of the asct!!

Thank you,

j.t. Stapp

racerdog45 8/6/10 2:37 PM

Mr. Stapp does not have a thing to do with the financial end of the ASCT!!

Thank you,

J.T. Stapp

Wasn't there a race the ASCT held recently that YOU took it upon yourself to go around and upset the racers by telling them they would be getting checks.... isn't that the financial end of things???????

AERO410SCJA 8/6/10 2:52 PM

I hope this series makes it, cuz I LOVE THE DRAMA:20::20:

:5::5:

Wallsracing 8/6/10 4:06 PM

Wow just got a call from mr gurley here at work asking what my problem with my posts:5::5: Glad i wasnt working hard

Mud Packer 8/6/10 4:18 PM

Wow just got a call from mr gurley here at work asking what my problem with my posts:5::5: Glad i wasnt working hard

Was it something you said?:19:

DonMoore10 8/6/10 4:20 PM

One of the "problems" is he owes me $400.....

PAW 8/6/10 4:30 PM

Originally Posted by Mud Packer:
The shills for the series haven't been heard from in some time now. What has happened?:37:

Does anyone really care. :5:

jim goerge 8/6/10 4:30 PM

Originally Posted by DonMoore10:
One of the "problems" is he owes me $400.....

Seems he only call who he don;t owe money too sorry Don :7:

Mud Packer 8/6/10 4:35 PM

Originally Posted by PAW:
Does anyone really care. :5:

Probably only the car owners that are owed money.:(

Dirtfan 8/6/10 5:20 PM

So are you two going out for a :32: & sandwich and talk racing strategies:18:

Wallsracing 8/6/10 6:59 PM

ill let him buy steak....just won't pay with a check I hope..I don't wanna sweep floors or wash dishes

Originally Posted by Dirtfan:
So are you two going out for a :32: & sandwich and talk racing strategies:18:

Posted via Mobile Device

mosley 8/6/10 10:43 PM

are you saying i should not go to shadyhill?

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

are you saying i should not go to shadyhill?

nathans1012 8/7/10 12:30 AM

Anytime Shadyhill host a touring series, big show, a regular program the payout is guaranteed. The track wouldn't do it if they couldn't afford it.

Mud Packer 8/8/10 10:50 AM

Anyone know what happened last night? Waiting on results.:( Thought one of the shills would have posted by now.

hoosier race fan 8/8/10 11:01 AM

I went last night for my first trip to Shadyhill since it is now the closest track to me after moving recently. They actually put on a pretty good show with their part of the program. The track had a nice cushion throughout the night. 9 sprints and 1 old super modified (Dave Gross) Turner in the black 51 checked out early and won the feature. The race for 2nd was actually very good between J.T. Stapp, Danny Williams, Jr. and Mike Jonas. Not sure what order they finished in but they were 2 and 3 wide several times late in the race. The 2 ASCT races I have seen were actually pretty decent races. If they could have avoided all the financial and political problems the series may have quite a bit more support.

usac1957 8/8/10 12:42 PM

I would like to thank the staff of ASCT and Shady Hill Speedway and the fans. For the way they appreciate the sprint cars,hoping they invite us back. And for all the negative about ASCT ,had no problem last .:22:

spicoli 8/8/10 2:36 PM

We had a great time at Shadyhill last night.

(4) generations of the Jonas family were there.

My Mom, myself (Mike Jonas), my brother, my son, daughter, son in law, (3) granddaughters, my best friend and several others.

I was trying to get under JT for second, and 57 (I don't know his name) got between us both and he got third, I got fourth.

A good bunch of guys to race with. Nobody put a wheel wrong on anybody all night. There were many times we could have banged wheels, but it was good, clean racing throughout.

Racing with those guys was the most fun I've had in a long time. John was good in running the program and keeping us informed. I met JT (for the first time) after the races. Very nice guy, wanted to know my thoughts.

We'll always make the Shadyhill shows, I keep the car just north of the track, so it's only a 45 minute drive.

I'm going to try and make some more ASCT shows and hope they come back next year.

Mike Jonas
19J

treecitytornado 8/8/10 4:38 PM

Thanks for the postive comments from our ASCT race at Shady Hill last night. It was good clean racing and even though we didn't get a chance to battle with Brent, it was a blast gassing it on the cushion and battling Danny Williams Jr. and Mike Jonas for most of the race.

I would like to personally thank track owner, John Schmitter, for watering and working the track before our 25 Lap A-Main that went green to checker without a single caution. John you made the track very racey and I think we put on a great show for the fans. I hope to race at Shady Hill again in 2011.

A Big THANK YOU Goes Out to the entire Wee 3 Racing Team for all their hard work all season!! It was great to bring home a great finish for them!!

HERE IS THE A-MAIN FINISH:

1. Brent Turner
2. J.T. Stapp
3. Danny Williams Jr.
4. Mike Jonas
5. Tommy Rockwell
6. Aric Gentry
7. Don Smith
8. Mark Brucker
9. Chris Brann
10. Dave Gross:6:

nathans1012 8/8/10 11:50 PM

Thanks for the postive comments from our ASCT race at Shady Hill last night. It was good clean racing and even though we didn't get a chance to battle with Brent, it was a blast gassing it on the cushion and battling Danny Williams Jr. and Mike Jonas for most of the race.

I would like to personally thank track owner, John Schmitter, for watering and working the track before our 25 Lap A-Main that went green to checker without a single caution. John you made the track very racey and I think we put on a great show for the fans. I hope to race at Shady Hill again in 2011.

A Big THANK YOU Goes Out to the entire Wee 3 Racing Team for all their hard work all season!! It was great to bring home a great finish for them!!

HERE IS THE A-MAIN FINISH:

1. Brent Turner
2. J.T. Stapp
3. Danny Williams Jr.
4. Mike Jonas
5. Tommy Rockwell
6. Aric Gentry
7. Don Smith
8. Mark Brucker
9. Chris Brann
10. Dave Gross:6:

I have to agree. It was a good clean race. There may have been only 10 cars but it was a good clean show. I'll give thumbs up on this race. For the drivers that didn't feel like supporting the ASCT race at shadyhill because of the money feasco at Montpelier thats your loss; the ASCT & the track had the money. O well thats a loss for the team/ drivers that didn't show up. Very good show. < Not use to saying that about Shadyhill but the track prep crew did an ok job with track prep brfore the feature. Hopefully there is a sprint car race or 2 at the Shadyhill Speedway in 2011. Could have been an easy $200 but some drivers/ teams decided not to show. Good run for 18 year old Brent Turner. He lead all 25 laps from Green to checkers.

racegal 8/10/10 12:02 AM

Hey Lovindirt! I hear your team beat 4 alum motors and 4 steel blocks to get to 2nd place!!! Great job! WooHooo!!!!:8::8:

racegal 8/12/10 10:59 AM

Oops!! I meant Luvindirt not Onlydirt! Sorry guys!:14: