IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   USAC in WI Entry List/Car Count? (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=5506)

ljackson77 5/12/08 9:42 PM

USAC in WI Entry List/Car Count?

Hello All,
Anyone out there have any idea how many midgets we'll see at La Crosse, Slinger, and Rockford this weekend? Planning on Slinger for sure, but if there's going to be a pile of cars out there, I might hit the other two as well.

Tom 5/12/08 11:24 PM

Re: USAC in WI Entry List/Car Count?

Entry lists are notoriously unreliable but here's what I found...

MAYnia entries as of 5/10/08
05 Brad Loyet
07 Brad Kuhn
2 Levi Roberts
4 Bobby East
5 Zach Schiff
6 Stephanie Mockler
8 Rickly Ehrgott
8T TBA
9 Dave Darland
10 Mike Murgoitio
11J Josh Butler
17 Chris Windom
19 Kody Swanson
20 Levi Jones
20D David Byrne
21 Tracy Hines
21D Shane Hmiel
23 Mark Atkinson
28 Joe Liguori
29 Bradley Galedrige
30 Chad Boat
32 TBA
33 Davey Ray
36 Jim Anderson
49 Brad Sweet
50 Even Margeson
51 Dallas Melby
67 Darren Hagen
71 Cole Whitt
77 Brian Olson
89 Caitlin Shaw
90 Chase Barber
91 TBA
97 TBA
99 Brady Bacon
132 TBA

Fred Zirzow 5/12/08 11:44 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyAL_PWTPsI

ljackson77 5/13/08 8:22 AM

Thanks for the info guys!
I'm really interested to see how the racing is this weekend.
Qualifying at Slinger should be a trip!

bullring 5/13/08 10:36 AM

If you're going to be at Slinger you should try to make Rockford too. And then head up to Angell Park for their opener. Anybody sitting on the fence about going to these races should really try to make it. One thing I've found out is they only try these special events for a couple years and if they don't get some turnout they are history. The USAC midget/sprint doubleheaders at Beaver Dam and the HOSS sprints at Rockford are just 2 examples. I loved both events but there weren't enough other people there to keep them going. Have fun.:thumb

tjtomthumb 5/13/08 11:57 AM

Those that haven't been to Slinger before, you're in for a treat! All the tracks are good, but I love Slinger!!

Racers,, make sure you're right front suspension mounts are plenty strong, Winchester strength. We ran an ASA car up there in the early 80's and a few teams had problems with the mounts flexing and cracking. On today's cars, you should be ok,, but watch them just to be safe. You'll be going a lot quicker than we were. :thumb

tjtomthumb 5/13/08 5:00 PM

I've been doing some checking on the Slinger Super Speedway today and look for the World 1/4 mile record to be shattered when the midgets time in this weekend. Teams have been testing below the 11:00 second lap times!! 32* to 33* banking on a 1/4 mile track will be super exciting for the midgets. The current all time track record is held by a late model at app. 11:00 seconds flat and it wouldn't surprise me that the top 32 won't be much slower than that. It should be a great show!

IRS Agent 5/13/08 9:41 PM

I heard from a reliable source that 17 year old Dakota Armstrong turned a 10.6 hot lapping during a practice session at Slinger Super Speedway.

Any guesses on who the fast qualifier will be and at what time?

Tim Watson 5/13/08 10:53 PM

If anyone is interested go on slingersuperspeedway.com and on top they have a nice overhead picture of the track. There should be some big time speeds for the midgets at this place. I'm not sure what to think of the LaCrosse show cause that's an awful long ride. It's almost 4 hours from my front door. :confused:

JstAbvVMC 5/14/08 2:18 AM

Down load Google Earth (Its Free) and you can check out all three tracks they are running at this weekend. I did that last night just to checkout the tracks. Googe Earth is great for checking stuff like lookin at hotel parking lots for room for hauler parking and things like that. I use it before visiting a new track just to get an idea of whats available in the area.